Oregan legalizes illicit drugs

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

It's like I've said before, Americans only care about 2 freedoms, the right to have sex with anyone or anything they want so long as they can abort their offspring and have no repercussions for their actions, and to take illicit drugs.

That is all.

RIP USA.

It's like I've said before, Americans only care about 2 freedoms, the right to have sex with anyone or anything they want so long as they can abort their offspring and have no repercussions for their actions, and to take illicit drugs.

That is all.

RIP USA.
Clearly you can't beat the Chinese who purposely poison your nation nor the cartels. So, just legalize it and let the poor perish seems to be the position taken. China is going to win. They have plenty of assistance.

That is all.

RIP USA.
Will the Left soon demand we call drug cartels and drug dealers coming across the border as undocumented pharmacists?

Clearly you can't beat the Chinese who purposely poison your nation nor the cartels. So, just legalize it and let the poor perish seems to be the position taken. China is going to win. They have plenty of assistance.
China has been pushing the Fentanyl across the border.

They are actively murdering Americans with impunity.

That is all.

RIP USA.
I guess you should have read your link. They are Re-Criminalizing, as the experiment did not work as they thought.

China has been pushing the Fentanyl across the border.

They are actively murdering Americans with impunity.

It may as well be legal so long as they let this stuff cross the border like they do.

With 200 people overdosing every day on this stuff, what does it matter what the laws are?

Hell, illegal immigration remains illegal as well, but if the laws are ignored then who cares what the law says?

Fucking and drugs are pretty important freedoms :dunno:
During Covid we realized that our First Amendment rights to

1. Religion
2. Assemble
3. Speech

did not really exist in an "emergency" like Covid, yet the populace took it like a chump. I think they are pretty important to, don't you?

Yet the only Constitutional amendments proposed these days is to kill your offspring, take illicit drugs, or gamble your life away, all of which are vices that decrease population levels.

That is the real goal, population control which is why the state pushes ways to do this 24/7.

That is all.

RIP USA.
That is not legalization.

During Covid we realized that our First Amendment rights to

1. Religion
2. Assemble
3. Speech

did not really exist in an "emergency" like Covid, yet the populace took it like a chump. I think they are pretty important to, don't you?

Yet the only Constitutional amendments proposed these days is to kill your offspring, take illicit drugs, or gamble your life away, all of which are vices that decrease population levels.

That is the real goal, population control which is why the state pushes ways to do this 24/7.
Where is that found in the Constitution?

Again, the laws on the books are pretty much ignored as it is, but they are toying with actually changing the words

They won't get their panties in a bung if they have to continue to ignore the law but it would be nice for them to change the words so they don't have to do so.

Oregon is RE-criminalizing hard drugs. They tried DE-criminalizing it several years ago, and ended up with a bunch of people like you committing various crimes. Normally, that's welcome in places like Oregon, but apparently this was bad for the tourist trade.

Again, the laws on the books are pretty much ignored as it is, but they are toying with actually changing the words

They won't get their panties in a bung if they have to continue to ignore the law but it would be nice for them to change the words so they don't have to do so.
I am sure you know where the best can be found on the street.

Oregon is RE-criminalizing hard drugs. They tried DE-criminalizing it several years ago, and ended up with a bunch of people like you committing various crimes. Normally, that's welcome in places like Oregon, but apparently this was bad for the tourist trade.
The only crime I do is tax avoision Trump taught me how to do it.

The state did this with alcohol. Most think that the goal of Prohibition was to reduce the number of alcohol deaths, since to this day alcohol kills more people than any other drug, not even close. However, it was not.

Essentially those in Congress wanted a federal income tax that was struck down as Unconstitutional by SCOTUS at the turn of the 20th century, so they simply decided to add it. But how? They teamed up with evangelicals who were appalled at the ravages of alcoholism at that time, worse than it is today, so they agreed to support the Federal income tax if the Progressives would support Prohibition. For you see, the US Federal government was funded mostly by alcohol sales, so doing away with alcohol would require a new source of Federal revenue.

So, they both passed the Federal Income tax amendment and then Prohibition, but there was never any real resolve to make Prohibition work. Sure they made some arrests but the same Congressmen that outlawed alcohol had bootleggers come to the very steps of the Capital to sell alcohol to them. They basically let Prohibition "fail", shrugged their shoulders, and said it cannot be done. Then they quietly renewed alcohol sales that continues to fund the Federal government.

The Federal government essentialy doubled their tax revenue with these schemes.

Not only that, the US federal government now directly sells alcohol to the public, alcohol that kills more people every year than any other drug.

This is what you are dealing with.

Junkies are main-lining on the public sidewalks in front of public schools ... the police can't be bothered to write the ticket ... my understanding is first offense, simple possession is an infraction ... the idea is first offense maybe we save money by sending these folks to treatment first ... second offense is still a misdemeanor ... we just don't have the police to enforce such a complicated set of laws ... AND we didn't set up any treatment facilities ... M'Martian is correct ... Oregon is re-criminalizing hard drugs ...

FOR THE RECORD ... Distilled spirits can only be bought from the State ... or single servings in a restaurant ... and State owned liquor stores can only sell liquor and the mixers unique to cocktails ... complete lock on retail sales ... I go the the State liquor store to buy my tequila and Grenadine, but I have to go to Safeway to get orange juice and beer ... marijuana is distributed in much the same way ... our pot stores sell pot and pipes and nothing else ...

Exceptions abound, especially in the low density areas ... places where there's only room for one store, that store has to be used as liquor store, DMV, elections, ODFW, ODOT and State welfare workers ... only the Feds get their own special 200 sq ft post office building ...

That is all.

RIP USA.
Your article says recriminalize not decriminalize

Personally I think there are good drugs and bad drugs

meth, crack - definitely bad should be criminal

Opiates and Cocaine - should be available by prescription

Weed, XTC, psychedelics - should be legal

Forum List

Back