Oracle signs naming rights deal for NBA stadium

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
I wasn't sure whether to put this under "Science and Technology" or "Sports"... here goes....

Oracle is the largest manufacturer of databases in the world. It is also the 2nd largest software company in the world (right after, you guessed it, Microsoft). If you've ever used Google or shopped online, chances are you've used an Oracle database and didn't realize it. I believe USMB's database is not Oracle, but MySQL, although I'm not certain....

Larry Ellison, founder and CEO of Oracle, is estimated to have a net worth of about $20 billion

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Golden State Warriors will now play basketball in 'the Oracle' after business software maker Oracle said on Friday it signed a 10-year naming rights agreement with the NBA team.

The deal to rename the Arena in Oakland also includes additional exclusive team sponsorship elements with the club. Financial terms were not released by Oracle, which is headquartered across the San Francisco Bay in Redwood Shores.

The Oracle, with a capacity for 19,596 people, will play host to 43 Warriors regular-season home games each season along with a variety of events that include concerts and other entertainment.

The venue's new name comes in the same season the club has brought in a new coach to try to reverse the fortunes of a team struggling to return to the playoffs for the first time since 1994.

http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6128263.html?part=rss&tag=6128263&subj=news

Forum List

Back