Opponents in LGBT case agree: It's not about wedding cake

The bakers were not judging the couple, they were refusing to commit a sin themselves.

Which sin is that?

Participating in and endorsing an abomination. That's why the baker could sell them anything they wanted and maintain a business relationship with them but not bake the wedding cake. It was never a judgment on homosexuality, but a refusal to endorse and participate in homosexuality.

The bakers were not judging the couple, they were refusing to commit a sin themselves.

Which sin is that?

Participating in and endorsing an abomination. That's why the baker could sell them anything they wanted and maintain a business relationship with them but not bake the wedding cake. It was never a judgment on homosexuality, but a refusal to endorse and participate in homosexuality.

You are not participating in the wedding, they have already taken their vows
I can see providing a ring.....but a cake?

If God considers homosexuality a sin, let him punish those getting married
It is not up to bakers

It is not up to bakers

Again, the bakers aren't punishing gays. That's not their motivation. They are protecting themselves from eternal damnation (Jude 1 Romans 1 NT).

However, the lesbians were punishing the Christians in that they knew they could go elsewhere but chose instead to force a Christian couple out of business as an act of dogmatic-dominance display. Which is fodder for a countersuit.

It is not up to bakers

Again, the bakers aren't punishing gays. That's not their motivation. They are protecting themselves from eternal damnation (Jude 1 Romans 1 NT)..

If the Baker wanted to protect himself from damnation then he should follow the law- like Romans 13 tells him to.

Which sin is that?

I am pretty sure baking a wedding cake is not a homosexual act.

The bakers were refusing to follow the law.

Which of course Romans 13 tells Christians to do.

It is not up to bakers

Again, the bakers aren't punishing gays. That's not their motivation. They are protecting themselves from eternal damnation (Jude 1 Romans 1 NT).

However, the lesbians were punishing the Christians in that they knew they could go elsewhere but chose instead to force a Christian couple out of business as an act of dogmatic-dominance display. Which is fodder for a countersuit.
No God would send people to hell for baking a cake

Why would you worship such a God?

Anyone with a lick of sense recognizes a typo.

You're not clever. Not funny. You're ill informed and incredibly annoying.

You can walk down the street and spot atheists and adulterers?

Stupid sob, that's a lame rebuttal.

I enjoy pointing out typos and grammar mistakes from those attempting to belittle the intelligence of others

If you were a true "Christian Bakery" you would ask customers if they take Jesus as their savior
Adulterers are well known in their community. He is divorced because he cheated on his wife and is now marrying the hussy he was cheating with

How could a devoted Christian baker make a cake for such a wedding?

Yawn, you don't understand Christianity or faith and you're blabbering like an inchorent fool on this thread.

But gotta keep that post count up, eh?

I understand hypocrisy when I see it
Then why are you still such a hypocrite ?

?
:eusa_shhh:

Because bakers represent the moral compass of our society
Only they can decide who is righteous enough to receive a cake

They aren't passing righteous judgment. They're afraid of eternal peril. I know you understand the difference, but it sounds much more insidious when you put it your way. Won't fly with a judge though. The Christians and Jude 1 will have their day in court.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass WHAT they're doing when they decide to refuse service. I'm still very hung up on the fact that no one has the right to force someone else to do something for them.

They aren't passing righteous judgment. They're afraid of eternal peril. I know you understand the difference, but it sounds much more insidious when you put it your way. Won't fly with a judge though. The Christians and Jude 1 will have their day in court.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass WHAT they're doing when they decide to refuse service. I'm still very hung up on the fact that no one has the right to force someone else to do something for them.

Nobody is forcing you to open a business

If you can't follow the laws....you don't belong in business

If you are going to be a Christian Bakery....be a Christian Bakery
Only bake cakes for righteous Christian weddings

But once you start picking and choosing about which Christian edicts you will enforce......you lose the claim of being a "Christian Bakery"

So says you...and anyone wuth a lick of sense laughs at your musings. I know I do

wuth?

Anyone with a "lick if sense" knows the word is "with"

Anyone with a lick of sense recognizes a typo.

You're not clever. Not funny. You're ill informed and incredibly annoying.

You can walk down the street and spot atheists and adulterers?

Stupid sob, that's a lame rebuttal.

I enjoy pointing out typos and grammar mistakes from those attempting to belittle the intelligence of others

If you were a true "Christian Bakery" you would ask customers if they take Jesus as their savior
Adulterers are well known in their community. He is divorced because he cheated on his wife and is now marrying the hussy he was cheating with

It does appear the baker picks the sin he finds abhorrent, thus the religious exemption may fail.

Then it appears the "religious exemption" is a load of crap which doesn't understand the nature of religion and morality at all. He believes what he believes, and it's HIS choice what those beliefs are, without them being subject to anyone else's approval. Anything that takes beliefs out of the realm of individual choice and puts them up for public approbation is wrong at that point.

Nobody has ever been sent to hell for baking a cake

They have for disobeying God's law.

Dumbass
What's God's law on baking wedding cakes?

Right, the one you made up like God and all the rest.

Do we all get to vote now on what YOU believe and whether or not you should be allowed to do so?

It does appear the baker picks the sin he finds abhorrent, thus the religious exemption may fail.

Got your fingers crossed?

No, I read the passages cited; men with men are only one of the sins noted. If the baker makes cakes for adulterers, his religious exemption MAY be faulty.

How would the baker know who's an adulter?

Good grief, THINK

If the baker really follows his faith, he should ask.

Really? How do you know the requirement to ask about personal lives is part of his faith?

Got your fingers crossed?

No, I read the passages cited; men with men are only one of the sins noted. If the baker makes cakes for adulterers, his religious exemption MAY be faulty.

How would the baker know who's an adulter?

Good grief, THINK

If the baker really follows his faith, he should ask.

Lame....excuse me sir have you committed adultery?

Good gawd, that's stupid

How did he know the two he refused to serve were gay?

They told him. If they hadn't, he wouldn't have known or cared.

Nobody is forcing you to open a business

If you can't follow the laws....you don't belong in business

The First Amendment is the law. Being part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, and takes precedence over all legislative acts.

Someone who can't follow that law doesn't belong in government.

Nobody is preventing him from practicing his religion
He is imposing his religious beliefs on others

He operates a business ......that business must conform with applicable statutes

The First Amendment is the law. Being part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, and takes precedence over all legislative acts.

Someone who can't follow that law doesn't belong in government.
Someone who flagrantly violates that Highest Law belongs in a countersuit for violation of someone else's constitutional rights.

Opponents in LGBT case agree: It's not about wedding cake
In a legal case with profound implications for LGBT rights and religion's place in public life, the opposing sides agree on this: It's not about the cake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And everyone with a brain left know this is how it should be. It isn't about the cake it is about being " FORCED" ........this is America not N. Korea.
Its about following the law.

Some Christians think that they shouldn't have to follow the law- even though no American- by law- can refuse to serve a Christian- for being a Christian.
. If your side wins, I will be able to force gay bakers to make a cake with "God Hates Fags and my baker agrees!" Are you okay with that?

Forum List

Back