Opinions on Oath Keeper article

South Dakota Rep. Phil Jensen named as member on Oath Keepers list I am against any citizen no matter how radicle their views to be harassed by the government or anyone else because of their views. Or because they attended a protest.
It is hard to keep regular citizens from voicing their disapproval of the actions and words of people in public. The list (I read about this morning) was put out by another leak group, similar to Wikileaks. Kind of like the Russians stealing Hillary emails and then giving to Wikileaks and wiki posting them, to the delight of the Trump campaign.
People need to realize, if in the public eye, nothing is secret. I am not talking about government, but groups that have and will publish membership lists and activities with groups, they may not want people to know about, due to activities of the groups. People in the public eye, need to watch their associations and how they interact with some of their support groups, and what those groups really represent. To do otherwise is foolish. Once out, there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. I started looking (to no avail) early this morning for an actual copy of the list of the 38,000 members, not just the reports on the few hundred. I wanted to know if there were people on the list, that I knew or might live near me, as the Oath keepers do appear to be dangerous and subversive. While I would never harass them, I would like to know who they are and if any live near me, as in my neighborhood, that I might be vigilant, just as I am aware and vigilant, while never harassing sex offenders, easily mapped near my neighborhood, again, just to remain aware and vigilant.

South Dakota Rep. Phil Jensen named as member on Oath Keepers list I am against any citizen no matter how radicle their views to be harassed by the government or anyone else because of their views. Or because they attended a protest.

As usual the ADL is lying their ass off. Oath Keepers started out as a very good organization. It was all about not obeying illegal or unconstitutional orders that would violate anyone's rights. It was never about race and to my knowledge they accepted members from all races.

As usual the ADL is lying their ass off. Oath Keepers started out as a very good organization. It was all about not obeying illegal or unconstitutional orders that would violate anyone's rights. It was never about race and to my knowledge they accepted members from all races.

yup.
I cant remember if it was them or the SPLC but they called them extreme because they like to remind military and LEs that they took an oath. I read that and just rolled :rofl:

Frankly, I don't know what the big deal is now with the Oath Keepers, I saw one of the heads of the organization interviewed once on TV and the guy was the most intelligent, down to earth, reasonable person you could ever hope for.

It is hard to keep regular citizens from voicing their disapproval of the actions and words of people in public. The list (I read about this morning) was put out by another leak group, similar to Wikileaks. Kind of like the Russians stealing Hillary emails and then giving to Wikileaks and wiki posting them, to the delight of the Trump campaign.
People need to realize, if in the public eye, nothing is secret. I am not talking about government, but groups that have and will publish membership lists and activities with groups, they may not want people to know about, due to activities of the groups. People in the public eye, need to watch their associations and how they interact with some of their support groups, and what those groups really represent. To do otherwise is foolish. Once out, there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. I started looking (to no avail) early this morning for an actual copy of the list of the 38,000 members, not just the reports on the few hundred. I wanted to know if there were people on the list, that I knew or might live near me, as the Oath keepers do appear to be dangerous and subversive. While I would never harass them, I would like to know who they are and if any live near me, as in my neighborhood, that I might be vigilant, just as I am aware and vigilant, while never harassing sex offenders, easily mapped near my neighborhood, again, just to remain aware and vigilant.
These are Oath Breakers... not Keepers... they have long-since broken faith with the People and their Republic and its Constitution.

Putting such membership lists into the public domain can be considered a Public Service in a very real sense.

Last edited:
yup.
I cant remember if it was them or the SPLC but they called them extreme because they like to remind military and LEs that they took an oath. I read that and just rolled :rofl:
They’re extremists because they have fringe views on the authority granted to law enforcement as able to substitute their judgement for that of the court. Last I checked a sheriff doesn’t have the authority to declare a law unconstitutional.

They’re extremists because they have fringe views on the authority granted to law enforcement as able to substitute their judgement for that of the court. Last I checked a sheriff doesn’t have the authority to declare a law unconstitutional.
They want them to ignore them. Nothing wrong with that!

I would defend them or anyone's right to privacy and free association. I wonder if those who put out the list can be sued on constitutional grounds.

Frankly, I don't know what the big deal is now with the Oath Keepers, I saw one of the heads of the organization interviewed once on TV and the guy was the most intelligent, down to earth, reasonable person you could ever hope for.
Yea never mind that Oath Keeper leadership was involved with planning the attack on the Capitol

Perhaps not, however, the ATF certainly has demonstrated the unconstitutional ability to create new laws, laws which directly infringe on our second amendment rights.

Wow another commie idiot. Tell the class what the folks in New Orleans should have done when they were ordered to confiscate legally owned firearms from citizens after Katrina, leaving them at the mercy of the looters and criminals? Should those orders have been carried out? The courts said NO! That's one circumstance the prompted the formation of the Oath Keepers.

Wow another commie idiot. Tell the class what the folks in New Orleans should have done when they were ordered to confiscate legally owned firearms from citizens after Katrina, leaving them at the mercy of the looters and criminals? Should those orders have been carried out? The courts said NO! That's one circumstance the prompted the formation of the Oath Keepers.
If it had been Florida, DeSantis would have had them suspended and replaced for failure to follow orders.

He’s already done it.

Forum List

Back