Zone1 Only SIX PERCENT of Black slaves were sent to America. The rest went to S American sugar plantations.

I agree, the Southern states had a stranglehold on the federal government, partially because of the three fifths compromise that makes you so angry. It would have been worse if the south had gotten its way and had every slave counted in the census as a full person. If the northern states had managed to not have slaves counted at all, the north could have ended slavery much sooner, perhaps as soon as it banned the importation of slaves,
For some reason, you expect other people, especially white people to be perfect. Historical people can only fairly be judged by the standards of their times, judging them by today’s standards is unfair to them and you since they will never live up to your standards.

The north had slaves.

More excuses.

No, I don't expect other people to be perfect. But I'm not the one arrrogantly posting daily about the superiority of the white culture and how terrible, immoral, violent, and criminal black culture is and how my black friends who look at me as a worthless n word and all this shit you and others like you here post. Now you want to make excuses and now you whine "But nobody's perfect." You get no sympathy from me. I am judging them by their own stated standards.

You and other whites are judging Africans, well slavery was just the way things were back then, you can't judge those Africans by today's standards. Pfft! Whites like you make every excuse on earth to justify your wrongs. Whites made slavery legal in this country. The only reason they stopped importing slaves was that doing that would dilute the market and drive down costs. So they created perhaps the first American industry-slave breeding.

You get no mercy from me here. Me and millions of blacks had to gut it out every year going to school learning about slavery according to Critical White Supremacist Theory. You are going to face the parts they left out. So just man up.

Let me again repost what the standards of the past were according to the so-called founders.

“Why keep alive the question of slavery? It is admitted by all to be a great evil.”
Charles Carroll, Signer of the Declaration

“I am glad to hear that the disposition against keeping negroes grows more general in North America. Several pieces have been lately printed here against the practice, and I hope in time it will be taken into consideration and suppressed by the legislature.”
Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration, Signer of the Constitution, President of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society

“That men should pray and fight for their own freedom and yet keep others in slavery is certainly acting a very inconsistent, as well as unjust and perhaps impious,”
John Jay, President of Continental Congress, Original Chief Justice U. S. Supreme Court

“Justice and humanity require it [the end of slavery]–Christianity commands it. Let every benevolent . . . pray for the glorious period when the last slave who fights for freedom shall be restored to the possession of that inestimable right.
Noah Webster, Responsible for Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution

I hope we shall at last, and if it so please God I hope it may be during my life time, see this cursed thing [slavery] taken out. . . . For my part, whether in a public station or a private capacity, I shall always be prompt to contribute my assistance towards effecting so desirable an event.”
William Livingston, Signer of the Constitution; Governor of New Jersey

“The whole commerce between master and slave is a perpetual exercise of the most boisterous passions, the most unremitting despotism on the one part, and degrading submissions on the other. . . . And with what execration [curse] should the statesman be loaded, who permitting one half the citizens thus to trample on the rights of the other. . . . And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.”
Thomas Jefferson

America was NOT one of the first to end slavery and whites were not the first to stop it. Hiaiti was the first country to stop it due to a revolt led by Jean-Jacques Dessalines and Toussaint L'Ouverture. It's time the lying stopped and it's time those like you quit trying to force feed people a severely revised version of history.

Last edited:
According to IM2 there were only a few breeding farms. Most of the increase came from normal relations between men and women who happened to be slaves.
I didn't see IM2 post that. Judging by how much the slave population increased by 1861 I think the breeding farms were some busy places. And many of those slave babies had White slavemaster Daddies.

Thanks, that puts a finer point on the subject. But the fundamental point is still that the vast majority of Africans who were shipped out of Africa did NOT go to the American mainland. They went to the sugar cane fields of South America and Caribbean countries so that wealthy British could have sugar in their tea. America is made out to be the slavery bad guy while the countries behind the huge surge in the African slave trade get a pass by Liberal historians.
The fundamental point is a nation founded on individual liberty didn’t grant that liberty to blacks. It kept them enslaved, which is most hypocritical and unjust. It is the fundamental problem the Founders had and they knew it. They failed and this failure still haunts us today.

Yet the left calls slavery 'America's original sin' as if we invented slavery and were the ones running the slave trade in the world.

Slavery existed long before the great Christopher Columbus even discovered America. And sadly, slavery still exists today including in China.

America was merely a bit player in 6000 years of slave history........~S~

The fundamental point is a nation founded on individual liberty didn’t grant that liberty to blacks. It kept them enslaved, which is most hypocritical and unjust. It is the fundamental problem the Founders had and they knew it. They failed and this failure still haunts us today.
That's the crux of it all Gip.....`S~

Nobody has ever denied the history of slavery. But using it as excuse for what happened here is weak. Furthermore, to pretend that slavery was it in this country is even worse. Finally everything that is called slavery is not the same. Slavery in Africa was neither lifetime or generational. And when people start trying to compare such things, they should do so accurately.

The reason for the obvious distortion of the truth is it completely changes the narrative from AMERICA'S ORIGINAL SIN to the WORLD's ORIGINAL SIN. You can start splitting hairs about this detail or that detail, but the truth is that the vast majority of the African slave shipments went to South America and the Caribbean to work the sugar cane fields. They went there to feed Europe's insatiable desire for sugar. And they worked in conditions that were far worse than anything seen in America.

That is absolutely true. But it sounds more like trying to somehow minimize the role of slavery and it’s enduring effect for over a century after it’s abolition in our own country. Like see see, it was worse over there, why pick on America?

We have been taught in school to “never forget” certain atrocities, like the holocaust. People who attempt to minimalize it’s effect are marginalized. Germany, the country who was responsible, makes sure it is not forgotten. They don’t point to the former USSR and Stalin and say look how many people were slaughtered by Stalin, why pick on us?

Slavery was an entrenched institution in our country long after the Atlantic slave trade was abolished and slavery ended elsewhere. This does not put us in a higher moral position than the Dominican Republic etc., it put’s us in the same basket.

We shouldn’t be trying to “soften” the impact it had in our country precisely because it is OUR country and OUR legacy.

If the 1619 project and CRT are so intent on telling the true history of slavery, then tell the whole truth not just the part that singles out America as the lone villain of slavery. And while we're at it, how about the African natives who helped the Muslims capture and sell their brothers into slavery? Seems like we need to go back to Great Britain, Africa South America and the Middle East to get some reparations.or diversity.

The 1619 project has a lot of problems with historical accuracy. CRT is nothing more than a complex theory that rightists are now misapplying and using to ban anything to do with racism or even diversity.

This really a whataboutism to try to avoid acknowledging an uncomfortable reality in our historical legacy.

To the whites who create all kinds of excuses:

Tomorrow, go to any store and claim you own something you did't purchase and see what you get.

I keep reading stuff from a particular type of white person who keeps talking about what Africans sold.

Why did whites buy the slaves? Africans didn't force them to do so at gunpoint because they didn't have guns. So how did the alimighty superior in every way white man get "duped" into buying other
human beings?

Certainly the more advanced vastly superior white creators of all civilzation knew that buying humans was wrong. I'm sure that in those highly advanced european universities whereby the foundations of liberty, self government and the rule of law have been claimed to have been created taught those great intellectual white men that owning other humans was wrong, So how did a bunch of low IQ half nekkid "savages" not far removed from apes make the white man buy slaves?
Slavery allowed a certain type of culture to exist and that culture fought to retain that “lifestyle” by using race to define what is and isn’t fully human and thus justify subjugation long after it should have been abolished.

If you haven’t read it, American Nations is a fascinating read on this, and how we were never really one nation founded under one idea but rather many, forced together with a lot of compromising and shifting uneasy cultural alliances including the issue of slavery.

The deep south’s slavery was among the most brutal in our country…and from it came the term “sold down the river”. No surprise, it was largely settled and defined by West Indies plantation owners.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Do you think that any other slave holding society was any different?
Depends. Each IS different. Many slave societies enslaved war captives or people captured in a raid. Children born of slaves were not always born slaves. When freed, they were fully free. It wasn’t based on skin color alone, they weren’t bred like animals, and their rights weren’t subject to skin color even after they were freed.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
That is absolutely true. But it sounds more like trying to somehow minimize the role of slavery and it’s enduring effect for over a century after it’s abolition in our own country. Like see see, it was worse over there, why pick on America?

We have been taught in school to “never forget” certain atrocities, like the holocaust. People who attempt to minimalize it’s effect are marginalized. Germany, the country who was responsible, makes sure it is not forgotten. They don’t point to the former USSR and Stalin and say look how many people were slaughtered by Stalin, why pick on us?

Slavery was an entrenched institution in our country long after the Atlantic slave trade was abolished and slavery ended elsewhere. This does not put us in a higher moral position than the Dominican Republic etc., it put’s us in the same basket.

We shouldn’t be trying to “soften” the impact it had in our country precisely because it is OUR country and OUR legacy.

The 1619 project has a lot of problems with historical accuracy. CRT is nothing more than a complex theory that rightists are now misapplying and using to ban anything to do with racism or even diversity.

This really a whataboutism to try to avoid acknowledging an uncomfortable reality in our historical legacy.
Actually the 1619 Project is fairly accurate. What has not been accurate is the history we have been taught and what those like Mike want to see continue to be taught.

USMB's leading Black victim and reparations advocate is here!
That's funny coming from a person whining about how it's unfair to blame America for slavery because only 6 percent of the slaves were bought here. Now instead of your childish attempt at an attack, try explaining to us how those uncivilized, inferior, dumb Africans made white buy slaves.

Slavery allowed a certain type of culture to exist and that culture fought to retain that “lifestyle” by using race to define what is and isn’t fully human and thus justify subjugation long after it should have been abolished.

If you haven’t read it, American Nations is a fascinating read on this, and how we were never really one nation founded under one idea but rather many, forced together with a lot of compromising and shifting uneasy cultural alliances including the issue of slavery.

The deep south’s slavery was among the most brutal in our country…and from it came the term “sold down the river”. No surprise, it was largely settled and defined by West Indies plantation owners.
That looks interesting and I will read it.

No, I have said no such thing. Whites like you keep trying to minimize things. I never mentioned how many breeding farms there were only that 389,000 africans turned into 4 million and it was not mostly done by normal relations.

“The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

It's time for the excuses and falsehoods to stop.

My master often went to the house, got drunk, and then came out to the field to whip, cut, slash, curse, swear, beat and knock down several, for the smallest offense, or nothing at all.

He divested a poor female slave of all wearing apparel, tied her down to stakes, and whipped her with a handsaw until he broke it over her naked body. In process of time, he ravished her person and became the father of a child by her. Besides, he always kept a colored Miss in the house with him. This is another curse of Slavery concubinage and illegitimate connections which is carried on to an alarming extent in the far South. A poor slave man who lives close by his wife is permitted to visit her but very seldom, and other men, both white and colored, cohabit with her. It is undoubtedly the worst place of incest and bigamy in the world. A white man thinks nothing of putting a colored man out to carry the fore row [front row in field work] and carry on the same sport with the colored man’s wife at the same time.

I know these facts will seem too awful to relate, but I am constrained to write of such revolting deeds, as they are some of the real “dark deeds of American Slavery.” Then, kind reader, pursue my narrative, remembering that I give no fiction in my details of horrid scenes. Nay, believe, with me, that the half can never be told of the misery the poor slaves are still suffering in this so-called land of freedom.

-
WILLIAM J. ANDERSON, Life and Narrative of William J. Anderson, Twenty-Four Years a Slave, 1857

On this plantation were more than 100 slaves who were mated indiscrimi-nately and without any regard for family unions. If their master thought that a certain man and woman might have strong, healthy offspring, he forced them to have sexual relation, even though they were married to other slaves. If there seemed to be any slight reluctance on the part of either of the unfortunate ones, “Big Jim” would make them consummate this relationship in his presence. He used the same procedure if he thought a certain couple was not producing children fast enough. He enjoyed these orgies very much and often entertained his friends in this manner; quite often he and his guests would engage in these debaucheries, choosing for themselves the prettiest of the young women. Sometimes they forced the unhappy husbands and lovers of their victims to look on. Louisa and Sam were married in a very revolting manner. To quote [Louisa]:

“Marse Jim called me and Sam ter him and ordered Sam to pull off his shirt that was all the McClain ******* wore and he said to me: Nor, ‘do you think you can stand this big ******?’ He had that old bull whip flung acrost his shoulder, and Lawd, that man could hit so hard! So I jes said ‘yassur, I guess so,’ and tried to hide my face so I couldn’t see Sam’s nakedness, but he made me look at him anyhow.”

“Well, he told us what we must git busy and do in his presence, and we had to do it. After that we were considered man and wife. Me and Sam was a healthy pair and had fine, big babies, so I never had another man forced on me, thank God. Sam was kind to me and I learnt to love him.”

SAM & LOUISA EVERETT, enslaved in Virginia, interviewed 1936 [WPA Slave Narrative Project]

If a hand were noted for raising up strong black bucks, bucks that would never “let the monkey get them” while in the high-noon hoeing, he would be sent out as a species of circuit-rider to the other plantations to plantations where there was over-plus of “worthless young ****** gals.” There he would be “married off” again time and again. This was thrifty and saved any actual purchase of new stock.

JOHN COLE, enslaved in Georgia, interviewed 1937, as paraphrased by the interviewer [WPA Slave Narrative Project]

Mother said there were cases where these young girls loved someone else and would have to receive the attentions of men of the master’s choice. This was a general custom. . . The masters called themselves Christians, went to church worship regularly and yet allowed this condition to exist.

HILLIARD YELLERDAY, enslaved in North Carolina, interviewed ca. 1937 [WPA Slave Narrative Project]
FOUR PERCENT A YEAR isn't a large increase. Yes slavery was horrible, but you can't use it as an excuse for modern behavior.
That kind of abuse happened in EVERY slave holding society going back ten thousand years. Slaves were raped, violated, tortured and murdered. They were often worked to death because they had such a small value because constant wars and slave reproduction insured a constant supply of cheap, disposable slaves. As late as the seventeen hundreds both Spain and France had galleys rowed by slaves in their navies, and those slaves were white, not black.

I didn't see IM2 post that. Judging by how much the slave population increased by 1861 I think the breeding farms were some busy places. And many of those slave babies had White slavemaster Daddies.
That was how I understood his implication since he referenced only a couple of cases. And I agree that many if not all, descendants of slaves are part white, some are mostly white. Use simple logic, if the increase in slave numbers was the object, every female slave on a breeding farm between twelve and fifty would have been having a child every eighteen months. That's an average of twenty-six babies per breeding slave over thirty-eight years. If a slave farm had two hundred women, that's 5,200 slaves from the original two hundred slaves not counting the bred slaves coming into the breeding pool at twelve or thirteen, say even one third of the children would be female, that's going to add 66 breeding slaves to the pool after twelve years for each additional year. That's why the numbers in the chart of slaves don't point to deliberate breeding being a big factor in the increase of the number of slaves. The increase would be a very steep curve, not the almost straight line the graph shows. While the slave mothers were forced, I'm sure the slave fathers were just given the opportunity as a reward. That's how it worked in other slave holding societies after all. A male slave that pleased the master or overseer would be given access to a woman or women as a reward and to encourage other slaves to excel.

FOUR PERCENT A YEAR isn't a large increase. Yes slavery was horrible, but you can't use it as an excuse for modern behavior.
That kind of abuse happened in EVERY slave holding society going back ten thousand years. Slaves were raped, violated, tortured and murdered. They were often worked to death because they had such a small value because constant wars and slave reproduction insured a constant supply of cheap, disposable slaves. As late as the seventeen hundreds both Spain and France had galleys rowed by slaves in their navies, and those slaves were white, not black.
Stop making excuses for slavery in America. Only racist whites do that. Modern behavior includes MODERN WHITE RACISM. And every fucking time I talk about MODERN WHITE RACISM, you guys go to slavery. So just stop making excuses and accept responsibility for what WHITES in power were enabled to do by the whites that voted them into office. Then start studying the damage caused so you don't continue posting excuses and silly bs.

389,000 Africans were the total amount that were shipped here by 1808. 52 years later there were 4 milliion. That's more than a 1000 percent increase and approximately a 20 percent increase per year. Stop trying to justify slavery to a descendant of slaves.

Stop making excuses for slavery in America. Only racist whites do that. Modern behavior includes MODERN WHITE RACISM. And every fucking time I talk about MODERN WHITE RACISM, you guys go to slavery. So just stop making excuses and accept responsibility for what WHITES in power were enabled to do by the whites that voted them into office. Then start studying the damage caused so you don't continue posting excuses and silly bs.

389,000 Africans were the total amount that were shipped here by 1808. 52 years later there were 4 milliion. That's more than a 1000 percent increase and approximately a 20 percent increase per year. Stop trying to justify slavery to a descendant of slaves.
I'm not justifying slavery. It happened. It's history. It's a fact. As for your increase, by your numbers that's only 72,220 a year. But even that number is wrong. According to statistica, in 1810 there were 1,191,162 slaves in the USA. In 1860 there were 3,963760. That's an increase of 2,772,598. 2,772,598 divided by 52 equals 53,319 slaves per year. That's not a huge increase. Over the same years, in 1810 the white population of the USA was 6,048,519. In 1860 that number had climbed to 27,479,561. That's an increase of 21,431,042. Divided by 52 equals 4,213,135 per year. During the 52 years in question slightly less than 7,000,000 whites immigrated to the USA. Subtract that 7,000,000 from the 27,479,561 gives a population of 20,479,561 subtract the 1810 figure of 6,048,519 from that equals a white population growth of 14,431,042. Divided by the 52 years that's an increase of 277,520 people per year. Far more white babies were being born than slave babies.
Not a single person responsible for slavery is alive today, not a single slave is alive today. None of their great-grandchildren are alive today. So nobody alive today is responsible for slavery. I won't take responsibility for something that neither I nor any of my ancestors supported. In fact one of my great-great-grandfathers fought for the Union. He was an Irish immigrant who arrived in 1861 according to family lore. None of my ancestors profited from slavery, they were all poor. None of my family managed to get into the middle class until after WWII. I'm no more responsible for enslaving blacks than I am for my distant Swedish Viking ancestor enslaving English, Irish and Scots. Since you are almost certain to have white blood, you are as responsible for slavery as I am.

Actually the 1619 Project is fairly accurate. What has not been accurate is the history we have been taught and what those like Mike want to see continue to be taught.
I would disagree, it makes a lot of unsupported claims, for example the claim that the Revolutionary war was fought to preserve slavery.

Here is the REAL TRUTH about the Black slave trade from the 1500s to the 1800s. Only SIX PERCENT of the slaves were shipped to America. The other 94 PERCENT of the slaves were sent to work the sugar plantations in South America and anywhere sugar cane was abundant. That was because Europe, especially England, developed a great demand for sugar. Africans were forced to work under conditions that made American slavery a vacation by contrast. But for some reason all we hear about is the SIX PERCENT of the slaves working in America. Now why would historians suppress these facts? Hmmmmmm

Who is suppressing that? I read that long ago. About 400,000 out of 10 million that made it to the new World. Just another fantasy conspiracy, looking for a footing.

Forum List

Back