Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says

Companies got huge tax cuts and exactly as criticizers of this law said, spent most of it on stock buy backs, not workers or investment

And none of the recipients of this evil buy-back money were workers.
And none of them invest the money in other things.

Because...umm...err...DERP!

Very few (though more than NONE :rolleyes:, asshole) non-management employees actually own any sort of significant company stock where a buy back would help.

You know who else owns American stocks? Foreigners, who hold about 20% of stock.

Very few (though more than NONE :rolleyes:, asshole) non-management employees actually own any sort of significant company stock where a buy back would help.

That's awful!!!! Asshole.
So when the owners of the stock get money from buybacks, what do they do with it?

Foreigners, who hold about 20% of stock.

Oh no!!! 80% of the benefit of buybacks goes to Americans.

They trickle it down, as they always have DUH!

b761280d88e97a1a4be9daaaeca7d145e4cb01a55a6208043f5b2db23976fb6b.jpg

OMG! People freely spending their own money.

Can't have that, eh comrade?

Do you live out on the moon? Sure sounds like it, because your feet are not touching the ground here in the real world.

That'd be nice.
I could use a break from all the liberal whining.

Tax cut scoreboard: Workers $6 billion; Shareholders $171 billion

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

ARC: Athens County back to 'distressed' status

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?

Well see. We can depend on RDean for not knowing ANYTHING about how things work. 13% is just FINE. Because payroll is about 20% of business expenses at companies lumped from small to huge. What did you EXPECT IT TO BE? 80% ?? The more IMPORTANT investment is to BRING BACK and INCREASE jobs and get better paying jobs and MODERNIZE your business. That's the smart and prudent investment to make.

what the hell do bussiness expenses have to do with this???

Bussiness expenses did not go up because of tax cuts, the 80/20 ratio you brought up is entirely meaningless.

Companies got huge tax cuts and exactly as criticizers of this law said, spent most of it on stock buy backs, not workers or investment or lowering the price of their products to consumers.

Business expenses have EVERYTHING to do with it for anybody that knows anything about business and economics. Did you ever really BELIEVE that more than 20% would end up as DIRECT employee benefits??

Some goes to the pockets of their CUSTOMERS. Some goes to their BOOSTING the capacity of their withered and almost NON-EXISTENT US BASE supply chain. Which we lost during the past 30 years of "give-away" globalism.

That supply chain is CRITICAL. I can't BUILD the sophisticated image and signal processing tools for industry that I was able to build 20 years ago. Because all the COMPONENT suppliers are now OVERSEAS. They don't have a big "american sales force" and the applications support is in some Asian language. I can't GET the type of cameras or displays that are needed for "machine vision" or "medical devices" because the ASIAN supply chain focuses on lower tech CONSUMER grade crap..

THAT'S where the critical needs are. To get BACK what we've lost to be competitive on a global scale. Companies that took the bait of "cheap labor" got ROBBED and hosed of their intellectual property and competitive advantages.

As far as "stock buys back". THey were in FULL SWING WAY before the tax cut and only a small percentage of corporations NEEDED or could afford to take this approach to boost their net worth. Many companies almost fatally screwed themselves buying back stock at INFLATED prices. So this is NOT a general windfall for "buying back stocks".

Telling all this to leftist parrots is a complete waste of time usually. Because if you don't mention Trump or elections or slime people -- they just aren't motivated to hear it.

Yea, up yours too Mac. Facts do matter and fact remains that more than anything else companies spent their tax-cuts on buy backs, which is effectively a transfer of national debt increases into the pockets of wealthy.

800x-1.png

Five Charts That Show How Companies Are Spending Their Tax Savings
Corporations do not operate under rules provided by the Regressive Left.

Do you know what the purpose of a corporation is? It's three words.

"The purpose of a corporation is to m_______________ s_____________ v_____________"

I gave you the first three letters of each word.

:rolleyes: Yes, dumbass corporation live on the bottom line for shareholders. Anything else new you want to share with us?

Because that is EXACTLY why we should not cut their tax-rates this drastically on the back of national debt.

Wow.. I'm impressed that u get the fact that stockholders are the OWNERS of corporations. You can buy some for a mere $4 charge. And maybe get dividends. You'll get to VOTE on any issue brought to the meeting by ANY stockholders or mgt. And so????

Go one step further. When a corporation hires a BRAND new CEO -- that PERSON SHOULD become "an owner". Should be fully engaged in the INTEREST of that business. That's why these MASSIVE CEO "packages" are 70% stock usually. NOT salaries. Because they are catching the guy up to a proper level of OWNERSHIP of that company.. If he works 75 hours a week and has 4 meetings in 3 countries a day, and controls the fate of 10s of thousands or even 100s of thousands, workers, investors -- he SHOULD own maybe 4 or 6% of the business.

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?

Well see. We can depend on RDean for not knowing ANYTHING about how things work. 13% is just FINE. Because payroll is about 20% of business expenses at companies lumped from small to huge. What did you EXPECT IT TO BE? 80% ?? The more IMPORTANT investment is to BRING BACK and INCREASE jobs and get better paying jobs and MODERNIZE your business. That's the smart and prudent investment to make.

what the hell do bussiness expenses have to do with this???

Bussiness expenses did not go up because of tax cuts, the 80/20 ratio you brought up is entirely meaningless.

Companies got huge tax cuts and exactly as criticizers of this law said, spent most of it on stock buy backs, not workers or investment or lowering the price of their products to consumers.

Business expenses have EVERYTHING to do with it for anybody that knows anything about business and economics. Did you ever really BELIEVE that more than 20% would end up as DIRECT employee benefits??

Some goes to the pockets of their CUSTOMERS. Some goes to their BOOSTING the capacity of their withered and almost NON-EXISTENT US BASE supply chain. Which we lost during the past 30 years of "give-away" globalism.

That supply chain is CRITICAL. I can't BUILD the sophisticated image and signal processing tools for industry that I was able to build 20 years ago. Because all the COMPONENT suppliers are now OVERSEAS. They don't have a big "american sales force" and the applications support is in some Asian language. I can't GET the type of cameras or displays that are needed for "machine vision" or "medical devices" because the ASIAN supply chain focuses on lower tech CONSUMER grade crap..

THAT'S where the critical needs are. To get BACK what we've lost to be competitive on a global scale. Companies that took the bait of "cheap labor" got ROBBED and hosed of their intellectual property and competitive advantages.

As far as "stock buys back". THey were in FULL SWING WAY before the tax cut and only a small percentage of corporations NEEDED or could afford to take this approach to boost their net worth. Many companies almost fatally screwed themselves buying back stock at INFLATED prices. So this is NOT a general windfall for "buying back stocks".

Telling all this to leftist parrots is a complete waste of time usually. Because if you don't mention Trump or elections or slime people -- they just aren't motivated to hear it.

Tax-cuts have little to nothing to do with business expenses (which are not taxed least you forget). I'm not going to move my production to near-full-employment America just because I've got a tax liability reduction.

Companies specifically boosted stock buy backs and dividends in response to tax-cuts. When you deny this you simply piss away any shred of credibility.

Yea, up yours too Mac. Facts do matter and fact remains that more than anything else companies spent their tax-cuts on buy backs, which is effectively a transfer of national debt increases into the pockets of wealthy.

800x-1.png

Five Charts That Show How Companies Are Spending Their Tax Savings
Corporations do not operate under rules provided by the Regressive Left.

Do you know what the purpose of a corporation is? It's three words.

"The purpose of a corporation is to m_______________ s_____________ v_____________"

I gave you the first three letters of each word.

:rolleyes: Yes, dumbass corporation live on the bottom line for shareholders. Anything else new you want to share with us?

Because that is EXACTLY why we should not cut their tax-rates this drastically on the back of national debt.

Wow.. I'm impressed that u get the fact that stockholders are the OWNERS of corporations. You can buy some for a mere $4 charge. And maybe get dividends. You'll get to VOTE on any issue brought to the meeting by ANY stockholders or mgt. And so????

Go one step further. When a corporation hires a BRAND new CEO -- that PERSON SHOULD become "an owner". Should be fully engaged in the INTEREST of that business. That's why these MASSIVE CEO "packages" are 70% stock usually. NOT salaries. Because they are catching the guy up to a proper level of OWNERSHIP of that company.. If he works 75 hours a week and has 4 meetings in 3 countries a day, and controls the fate of 10s of thousands or even 100s of thousands, workers, investors -- he SHOULD own maybe 4 or 6% of the business.

As I already said, that is EXACTLY why we should not cut business tax rates this drastically on the back of national debt.

Business has it's own interests and not everything that is near-term good for business is good for the country.

I'm not going to move my production to near-full-employment America just because I've got a tax liability reduction.

Then you're literally an economics moron. Couple that with regulation reduction and if you DON'T build modern facilities, an intact DOMESTIC supply chain back home here where your Intel Property won't be STOLEN and your manufacturing held captive overseas -- you're simply doomed.

Doesn't MATTER if shift other tax savings to the VITAL projects with other tax reductions attached. That's just SUPERB business practice. But of course, YOU don't recognize that. Because you've never invested in understanding how free markets and Capitalism actually work.

I'm not going to move my production to near-full-employment America just because I've got a tax liability reduction.

Then you're literally an economics moron. Couple that with regulation reduction and if you DON'T build modern facilities, an intact DOMESTIC supply chain back home here where your Intel Property won't be STOLEN and your manufacturing held captive overseas -- you're simply doomed.

Doesn't MATTER if shift other tax savings to the VITAL projects with other tax reductions attached. That's just SUPERB business practice. But of course, YOU don't recognize that. Because you've never invested in understanding how free markets and Capitalism actually work.

wtf does regulation reduction have to do with tax-cuts? Is one somehow hinged on the other? Why do you keep conflating and mixing in irrevancies?

You've got a total A.D.D. whirlwind in your head.

wtf does regulation reduction have to do with tax-cuts? Is one somehow hinged on the other? Why do you keep conflating and mixing in irrevancies?

We're talking about how tax cuts help to ENCOURAGE re-opening of American competitiveness. Regs are also a prerequisite for that to happen. Can't give you the whole tutorial in one thread. It's all being done for you.. Some DO -- some just whine.

We're talking about how tax cuts help to ENCOURAGE re-opening of American competitiveness. Regs are also a prerequisite for that to happen. Can't give you the whole tutorial in one thread. It's all being done for you.. Some DO -- some just whine.

Nonsence. Tax-cuts are tax-cuts, regulations are regulations. Stop trying to pad one with the other.

Unemployment is at near all time low and here you are arguing that we need to finance a big business give-away at expense of increased national debt to sustain "American competitiveness".

I don't buy that. When times are good we should be looking at dealing with deficits, not blowing long term solvency on solutions in search of a problem.

Last edited:

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

Trump's last year in office. Not so good for middle class people. Even 2019 sucked. Only 2.3% growth in 2019. And meanwhile, as Republican blame illegals and liberals for why they don't have any money....

As many Americans struggled during the COVID-19 pandemic, median pay for CEOs at more than 300 of the nation’s largest public companies zoomed to $13.7 million, up from $12.8 million a year earlier, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis.
CEO compensation kept climbing, even in industries laid low by the pandemic and at companies where chief executives voluntarily gave up some of their salaries, according to the Journal, which analyzed data for S&P 500 companies via research firm MyLogIQ.
The median CEO pay increase was nearly 15%, the analysis found, using figures reported by companies in their regulatory filings. Pay dropped last year for some CEOs in the Journal’s analysis. But it rose for 206 of the 322 CEOs. Company performance wasn’t necessarily connected to pay hikes.

Even though Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings lost $4 billion last year, CEO Frank Del Rio’s pay doubled to $36.4 million, the Journal reported. And the CEO of institutional caterer Aramark, who gave up part of his salary during the pandemic, reaped $27.1 million in 2020 because the board bumped his bonus targets.
CEOs of 350 large publicly traded companies in 2019 earned an average 320 times more than the typical worker in the same company, according to the Economic Policy Institute. In 1989, the average ratio was 61-to-1.
It’s not just pay that’s out of whack. A worker at Missouri’s for-profit Research Medical Center in Kansas City was named employee of the month and given a $6 cafeteria coupon as a “bonus” last year after surviving COVID-19. The CEO of the hospital’s parent company was earning $30 million a year.

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

Trump's last year in office. Not so good for middle class people. Even 2019 sucked. Only 2.3% growth in 2019. And meanwhile, as Republican blame illegals and liberals for why they don't have any money....

As many Americans struggled during the COVID-19 pandemic, median pay for CEOs at more than 300 of the nation’s largest public companies zoomed to $13.7 million, up from $12.8 million a year earlier, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis.
CEO compensation kept climbing, even in industries laid low by the pandemic and at companies where chief executives voluntarily gave up some of their salaries, according to the Journal, which analyzed data for S&P 500 companies via research firm MyLogIQ.
The median CEO pay increase was nearly 15%, the analysis found, using figures reported by companies in their regulatory filings. Pay dropped last year for some CEOs in the Journal’s analysis. But it rose for 206 of the 322 CEOs. Company performance wasn’t necessarily connected to pay hikes.

Even though Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings lost $4 billion last year, CEO Frank Del Rio’s pay doubled to $36.4 million, the Journal reported. And the CEO of institutional caterer Aramark, who gave up part of his salary during the pandemic, reaped $27.1 million in 2020 because the board bumped his bonus targets.
CEOs of 350 large publicly traded companies in 2019 earned an average 320 times more than the typical worker in the same company, according to the Economic Policy Institute. In 1989, the average ratio was 61-to-1.
It’s not just pay that’s out of whack. A worker at Missouri’s for-profit Research Medical Center in Kansas City was named employee of the month and given a $6 cafeteria coupon as a “bonus” last year after surviving COVID-19. The CEO of the hospital’s parent company was earning $30 million a year.

Trump didn't create the COVID virus, numskull.

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

how is CEO pay a president's issue?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

how is CEO pay a president's issue?
He can make it an issue. He after all has the bully pulpit.

How is corporations offshoring a president's issue? Companies can go where they want right? Pay what they want? Pollute as much as they want? Pay no taxes?

How is corporations offshoring a president's issue? Companies can go where they want right? Pay what they want? Pollute as much as they want? Pay no taxes?
a president isn't in charge of money, congress is. So tax discussions are with congress. Regulations are legislative again, a president can encourage congress in a direction, but, you don't care. You're just jealous you're not included in the team picture with a corporation. Offshoring? how is it a president's issue. Again, campaigning on working with congress to eliminate regulations and taxes is still a congressional assignment. you know that right?

a president isn't in charge of money, congress is. So tax discussions are with congress. Regulations are legislative again, a president can encourage congress in a direction, but, you don't care. You're just jealous you're not included in the team picture with a corporation. Offshoring? how is it a president's issue. Again, campaigning on working with congress to eliminate regulations and taxes is still a congressional assignment. you know that right?
You didn't point that out when Trump took credit for anything good that happened on his watch.

You didn't point that out when Trump took credit for anything good that happened on his watch.
he was president right? you gave clinton credit even though the GOP congress gave him a bill he signed. Sure, they get the credit, most don't give credit to congressional legislature because presidents sign them into law. I'm still looking for how a president controls what corporations and shareholders pay CEO's?

he was president right? you gave clinton credit even though the GOP congress gave him a bill he signed. Sure, they get the credit, most don't give credit to congressional legislature because presidents sign them into law. I'm still looking for how a president controls what corporations and shareholders pay CEO's?
Currently they don't do enough.

Biden will be better.

Biden will be better.

at doing what exactly? he has no say so. you're a nut job.

Biden will be better.

Will xiden be involved with all pro sport salaries as well? Can’t make 20 million a year? When does that start, can’t wait

Forum List

Back