Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says

I guess it has never occurred to you that workers would not even be getting that 13% of at least $800B without the Trump tax cuts. By the way, what's 13% of $800B? (And $800B is a conservative estimate.)
It occurred to workers that prices doubled because of higher deficit from tax cuts. So their pay was actually cut in half!

I guess it has never occurred to you that workers would not even be getting that 13% of at least $800B without the Trump tax cuts. By the way, what's 13% of $800B? (And $800B is a conservative estimate.)

I guess it never occurred to you that this is not a free lunch and fractional returns now will become proportional burdens with interest when the bills come due.

I guess it never occurred to you that this is not a free lunch and fractional returns now will become proportional burdens with interest when the bills come due.

Proportional burdens?! WTF, you and the government can just tighten your fricken belts.

130307_Good_News_t1070_h44e1d037e526ffa873a13864075d8117d825faf5.jpg

Proportional burdens?! WTF, you and the government can just tighten your fricken belts.

...which is a burden to SOMEONE.

When government slashes your SS benefits to pay for massive tax-cuts for corporations - that’s a burden.

When government slashed your SS benefits - that’s a burden.

Which part of "tighten your fricken belts" was too difficult for you to understand...want me to use smaller word?

Which part of "tighten your fricken belts" was too difficult for you to understand...want me to use smaller word?

Are you drunk? Serious question.

Sober persons do not have much difficulty understanding that government spending like SS...benefits it’s reciepents.

Sober persons do not have much difficulty understanding that government spending like SS...benefits it’s reciepents.

Are you fricken stupid? Serious question.

Government spending money that, for the most part, we put in there for ourselves...

Government spending money that, for the most part, we put in there for ourselves...

I don’t know who YOU are but “we” are not corporations and pass through income who just got a tax cut from 35% to 21%. But yes WE are going to have to pay for it one way or another because the federal revenues are well short of spending.

ROTFLMAO

I don’t know who YOU are but “we” are not corporations and pass through income who just got a tax cut from 35% to 21%. But yes WE are going to have to pay for it one way or another because the federal revenues are well short of spending.

Yes, you don't know who I am, and I don't CARE who you are. Nevertheless, you have no idea how SS is funded.

It occurred to workers that prices doubled because of higher deficit from tax cuts. So their pay was actually cut in half!
How much did prices rise after Obama added $9.3 trillion to our debt?

What's sad is that you even posted a comment that stupid, what's even worse is that someone agreed with your statement.

Tax cut scoreboard: Workers $6 billion; Shareholders $171 billion

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

ARC: Athens County back to 'distressed' status

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?

So what do you think happened the shareholders did with their $171 billion... bury it in the backyard, or better yet hide it under their mattresses... or what?

Hmmm... Let's say half goes back as dividends to those evil shareholders..(who by the way maybe workers with 401Ks but let's not quibble ok?).

$85 billion will be taxed. Also known as a double taxation by the way.

Under current law, qualified dividends are taxed at a 20%, 15%, or 0% rate, depending on your tax bracket.
So let's say 15% of the $85 billion will go BACK to the Federal Government as taxes or over $12.5 billion... again BACK as taxes.
Tax cut scoreboard: Workers $6 billion; Shareholders: $171 billion

So what will those EVIL shareholders (again remember some might be your evil co-workers with 401Ks or teachers pension plans... who knows but they are evil for sure!)...
A) Well those extremely wealthy evil shareholders could buy another $60 million yacht! Now I use to get paid by a yacht manufacturer and frankly I know the workers there
would be MOST happy if that were to happen! Plus I am sure that there are some yacht captains that would LOVE to become the captain and make over $150,000 a year
just running that dirty evil shareholders $60 million yacht!
B) Or say those wealthy evil shareholders decided..."hey I need to foster that image of an evil capitalist shareholder... I know I'll donate a million dollars!"
The number of donations of $100-million or more last year was also impressive.
“Ten people committed that much, an increase from 2010, when only six philanthropists gave $100-million or more, and from 2009 when seven donors announced gifts of that size,” reports Philanthropy.“What’s more, gifts of $1-million or more totaled $5.4-billion in 2011, compared with $3.6-billion a year ago.”
Donations From the Rich to Charities Rose in 2011
America’s biggest donors gave $14.7 billion to nonprofits in 2017, a high mark for the past decade that falls just shy of the $15.5 billion they donated in 2008.The entire Philanthropy 50 report features our analysis of the list and giving trends among megadonors in an age of growing income inequality. It also explores the increasing popularity of unrestricted big gifts; how cities and other locales benefit when an area nonprofit receives a big donation; and a 2018 gift from Amazon founder Jeff Bezos that philanthropy observers believe signals his entry to big philanthropy. See the full analysis.
Yea just what we needed more donations from those evil wealthy people !

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?
Remember republicans said the gap between the rich and poor grew under obama? That was bullshit because of course the rich got richer coming out of the bush recession. Buy low sell high.

Anyways, ask republicans this. Did this tax break widen the gap between the rich and poor? The answer is yes it did and trickle down doesn’t work.

Plus republicans are making cuts to Medicare and social security so the middle class is taking a Hugh hit and we don’t realize it because trump gave them $30 a month more
What does buy low, sell high have to do with a wider income gap?
I need to explain? That’s the proof you’re a broke ass. The rich got richer after the recession. They bought your foreclosed home cheap and now you’re renting from them.

Who gave you a winner? They’re a loser too

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

Remember republicans said the gap between the rich and poor grew under obama? That was bullshit because of course the rich got richer coming out of the bush recession. Buy low sell high.

Anyways, ask republicans this. Did this tax break widen the gap between the rich and poor? The answer is yes it did and trickle down doesn’t work.

Plus republicans are making cuts to Medicare and social security so the middle class is taking a Hugh hit and we don’t realize it because trump gave them $30 a month more
I need to explain? That’s the proof you’re a broke ass. The rich got richer after the recession. They bought your foreclosed home cheap and now you’re renting from them.

Yes, you need to explain why you're confusing capital gains and income.

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

Whatever dude. Say what you wanna say

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

Whatever dude. Say what you wanna say
Whine some more about the income gap. Derp!

My 401k is doing great. Pretty happy.

Your kids are not going to live off of your 401K, nope, they'll paying up for those tax-cuts.

DOW has been flat for half a year now and just wait till the trade wars kick into high gear. .

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

No doubt you'll uncrititcally swallow ANY transparent bullshit that confirms your bias.

First tax-cuts didn't show up in paychecks untill right about February and would not reflect on January revenues.

You know what happened in February? Revenue reductions. March? Also revenue reduction. Those two months are the ONLY months in this fiscal year with reduced revenues. People paid last year's taxes in April so that would reflect 2017 rates, not 2018.

May revenue numbers will be released on June 11th.

[/school]

BTW May revenue numbers are out - only $217B collected compared to $240B in May 2017. 23 Billion shortfall.

This makes it third (comparable) month in a row of revenue shortfalls instead of normally expected growth that was posted in all other months this fiscal year.

Forum List

Back