One year ago today Biden claimed Taliban would not take over Afghanistan

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
That didn't age too well Joe, you dufus!

Joe Biden's Old Video Claiming 'Taliban Would Not Take Over Afghanistan' Goes Viral​

On July 8, following the announcement of US troops withdrawal, President Biden had said that Afghanistan troops were enough to defend the Taliban.​

He did a horrible job at this but he still did it. He just didnt just talk about it, he did it.

Joe Biden's Old Video Claiming 'Taliban Would Not Take Over Afghanistan' Goes Viral​

On July 8, following the announcement of US troops withdrawal, President Biden had said that Afghanistan troops were enough to defend the Taliban.​

Do you mean the deal that Rump put together?

Speaking at the White House, Mr Trump congratulated Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and "the people of the United States for having spent so much in terms of blood, in terms of treasure, and treasury."

He said the Taliban had been trying to reach an agreement with the US for a long time, and that he had faith in the deal because "everyone is tired of war."

In a speech, Mr Pompeo urged the militant group to "keep your promises to cut ties with al-Qaeda".

Did the Taliban keep their promises to cut ties with Al-Qaeda? LOL

How soon the trumptards forget.

.....May God bless you all, and may God protect our troops. Thank you.

Q Mr. President — do you trust the Taliban, Mr. President?

Q Is a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan now inevitable?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it is not.

Q Why?

THE PRESIDENT: Because you — the Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped — as well-equipped as any army in the world — and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban. It is not inevitable.

Q Do you trust the Taliban, Mr. President? Do you trust the Taliban, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: You — is that a serious question?

Q It is absolutely a serious question. Do you trust the Taliban?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I do not.

Q Do you trust handing over the country to the Taliban?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I do not trust the Taliban.

Q So why are you handing the country over?

Q Mr. President, is the U.S. responsible for the deaths of Afghans after you leave the country?

Q Mr. President, will you amplify that question, please? Will you amplify your answer, please — why you don’t trust the Taliban?

THE PRESIDENT: It’s a — it’s a silly question. Do I trust the Taliban? No. But I trust the capacity of the Afghan military, who is better trained, better equipped, and more re- — more competent in terms of conducting war.

Yes, ma’am.

Q Thank you, Mr. President. Given the amount of money that has been spent and the number of lives that have been lost, in your view, with making this decision, were the last 20 years worth it?

THE PRESIDENT: You know my record. I can tell by the way you asked the question.

I opposed permanently having American forces in Afghanistan. I argued, from the beginning, as you may recall — it came to light after the administration was over, last — our administration — no nation has ever unified Afghanistan. No nation. Empires have gone there and not done it.

The focus we had — and I strongly support it — and you may remember I physically went to Afghanistan. I was up in that pass where Osama bin Laden was — allegedly escaped or — out of harm’s way.

We went for two reasons: one, to bring Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell, as I said at the time. The second reason was to eliminate al Qaeda’s capacity to deal with more attacks on the United States from that territory. We accomplished both of those objectives — period.

That’s what I believed, from the beginning, why we should be and why we should have gone to Afghanistan. That job had been over for some time. And that’s why I believe that this is the right decision and, quite frankly, overdue.

Speaking at the White House, Mr Trump congratulated Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and "the people of the United States for having spent so much in terms of blood, in terms of treasure, and treasury."

He said the Taliban had been trying to reach an agreement with the US for a long time, and that he had faith in the deal because "everyone is tired of war."

In a speech, Mr Pompeo urged the militant group to "keep your promises to cut ties with al-Qaeda".

Trump lives in your head 24/7/365/ Good news! In 2024 that will be 24/7/366. Enjoy.

PS Trump had certain conditions that had to be met or any deal was off. Biden ignored those and went full speed stupid.

Hell, the Taliban offered to allow US forces to maintain security over Kabul. Biden said no.

Trump had certain conditions that had to be met or any deal was off.
Do tell. What conditions did they meet ever meet?

Gen. Milley: (29:51)
And everyone has served in that war should be proud. Your service mattered. Beginning in 2011, we sternly drew down our troop numbers, consolidated and closed bases and retrograded equipment from Afghanistan. At the peak in 2011, we had 97,000 US troops alongside 41,000 NATO troops in Afghanistan. 10 years later when Ambassador Khalilzad signed the Doha agreement with Mullah Baradar on 29, February, 2020, United States at 12,600 US troops with 8,000 NATO and 10,500 contractors. This has been a 10 year multi administration draw down, not a 19 month or 19 day NEO. Under the Doha agreement, the US would begin to withdraw its forces contingent upon Taliban meeting certain conditions, which would lead to a political agreement between the Taliban and the government of Afghanistan. There were seven conditions applicable to the Taliban and eight conditions applicable to the United States. While the Taliban did not attack US forces, which was one of the conditions, it failed to fully honor, any, any other condition under the Doha agreement.

Based on my advice and the advice of the commanders, then Secretary of Defense, Esper, submitted a memorandum on nine November recommending to maintain US forces at a level between about 2500 and 4500 in Afghanistan until conditions were met for further reduction. Two days later on 11, November, 2020, I received an unclassified signed order directing the United States military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than 15, January, 2021."

Trump lives in your head 24/7/365/ Good news! In 2024 that will be 24/7/366. Enjoy.

PS Trump had certain conditions that had to be met or any deal was off. Biden ignored those and went full speed stupid.

Hell, the Taliban offered to allow US forces to maintain security over Kabul. Biden said no.

Nah, Rump does not live in my head. You are the idiots that still worship the orange douche bag.

Where do you idea that Rump had certain conditions or the deal was off? Is that what the loser told his retards?

As for the Taliban offering to maintain security over Kabul? You idiot, they took over Kabul. Are you seriously that daft? :auiqs.jpg:

Quid Pro was in charge. He didn't have to follow TRUMP!'s plan if he thought it was not a good one. Obviously, he thought is was a good one.

Do tell. What conditions did they meet ever meet?

Gen. Milley: (29:51)
And everyone has served in that war should be proud. Your service mattered. Beginning in 2011, we sternly drew down our troop numbers, consolidated and closed bases and retrograded equipment from Afghanistan. At the peak in 2011, we had 97,000 US troops alongside 41,000 NATO troops in Afghanistan. 10 years later when Ambassador Khalilzad signed the Doha agreement with Mullah Baradar on 29, February, 2020, United States at 12,600 US troops with 8,000 NATO and 10,500 contractors. This has been a 10 year multi administration draw down, not a 19 month or 19 day NEO. Under the Doha agreement, the US would begin to withdraw its forces contingent upon Taliban meeting certain conditions, which would lead to a political agreement between the Taliban and the government of Afghanistan. There were seven conditions applicable to the Taliban and eight conditions applicable to the United States. While the Taliban did not attack US forces, which was one of the conditions, it failed to fully honor, any, any other condition under the Doha agreement.

Based on my advice and the advice of the commanders, then Secretary of Defense, Esper, submitted a memorandum on nine November recommending to maintain US forces at a level between about 2500 and 4500 in Afghanistan until conditions were met for further reduction. Two days later on 11, November, 2020, I received an unclassified signed order directing the United States military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than 15, January, 2021."

Has nothing to do with the reality of what happened under Biden.

Were forces withdrawn by January 15, 2021? No. So why post that BS?

Quid Pro was in charge. He didn't have to follow TRUMP!'s plan if he thought it was not a good one. Obviously, he thought is was a good one.

You mean the plan where we evacuated all but 2500 troop and met all of our conditions but let the Taliban skate by not meeting hardly any of theirs, and then blaming Biden for the FUBAR conditions Benedict Donald left our military in?

You think Joe should have re-invaded Afghanistan just to clean up the mess Benedict Donald's left behind in Afghanistan?

Nah, Rump does not live in my head. You are the idiots that still worship the orange douche bag.

Where do you idea that Rump had certain conditions or the deal was off? Is that what the loser told his retards?

As for the Taliban offering to maintain security over Kabul? You idiot, they took over Kabul. Are you seriously that daft? :auiqs.jpg:

You poor thing.

The Taliban offered to allow US forces to maintain security over Kabul until we were fully withdrawn, Biden said no.

Is English not your first language?

You mean the plan where we evacuated all but 2500 troop and met all of our conditions but let the Taliban skate by not meeting hardly any of theirs, and then blaming Biden for the FUBAR conditions Benedict Donald left our military in?

You think Joe should have re-invaded Afghanistan just to clean up the mess Benedict Donald's left behind in Afghanistan?

Biden should have kept US forces at Bagram, a super fortified base.

BTW Biden was offered US security control over Kabul until the full withdrawal. Biden refused.

The entire mess is on Biden. Including droning an innocent family in his haste to look strong after the killing of our soldiers.

Has nothing to do with the reality of what happened under Biden.

Were forces withdrawn by January 15, 2021? No. So why post that BS?
The Taliban didn't met hardly any of their conditions and we met all of our, including withdrawing nearly all of our troops. A lot of which was in the post Doha period, giving the Taliban a much stronger position in the country than even that agreement gave them.

Joe goes down as the President who ended the forever war and the President who lost the fewest troops in Afghanistan.

Quid Pro was in charge and had access to all the intel. This was the choice HE made, and you want to blame it on TRUMP!? We were told that he had vast experience in Washington and in foreign affairs. Why, he had almost 50 years in office. And THIS was the choice he made. TRUMP! didn't force him to choose it, it was his choice. if he didn't like the plan or thought it was a bad one, he could change it. Obviously, he thought it was just fine.

Trump had already given the Taliban everything with his deal in Doha.

You poor thing.

The Taliban offered to allow US forces to maintain security over Kabul until we were fully withdrawn, Biden said no.

Is English not your first language?

"The general said he met the head of the Taliban’s political wing, Abdul Ghani Baradar, on Aug. 15 in Doha “to pass a message to him that we were withdrawing and if they attempted to disrupt that withdrawal we would punish them severely for that.”

During the meeting, the Taliban offered to let the U.S. military secure Kabul, but McKenzie said agreeing to such an offer was not in his instructions and “we did not have the resources to undertake that mission.”

Asked whether the Taliban’s offer was conveyed to President Biden, McKenzie said he did not know,"

The Taliban didn't met hardly any of their conditions and we met all of our, including withdrawing nearly all of our troops. A lot of which was in the post Doha period, giving the Taliban a much stronger position in the country than even that agreement gave them.

Joe goes down as the President who ended the forever war and the President who lost the fewest troops in Afghanistan.

There wasn't a US soldier killed for over a year until Biden's watch and that bombing took place killing 13 soldiers.

Biden turned down the offer to allow US forces to maintain security in Kabul.

Forum List

Back