One Opinion On The JFK Assassination

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Kelly Mclaughlin’s article stirred up personal memories for me:

Former CIA director was part of a 'benign cover-up' to withhold information from investigators about JFK's assassination
By Kelly Mclaughlin For Dailymail.com
Published: 16:12 EST, 10 October 2015 | Updated: 20:07 EST, 10 October 2015

CIA director withheld information about JFK's assassination

I am not going to dissect Kelly Mclaughlin’s piece because it has nothing to do with my opinion about who killed JFK. Everything I am going to say is not a conspiracy theory. I am simply laying out how I arrived at my opinion about an event that is rapidly fading into history. I’ll try to be brief for bumper sticker mentalities.

Let me begin with a departed friend of mine, Eugene, the most politically astute person I ever knew.

Gene and I sailed together on two ships. The first one was in late 1961 or early 1962. That ship, a break/bulk freighter, was on a scheduled run that seamen called the jungle run because it went to some gawd-awful ports in the Orient. Saigon was one of the better ports of call.

After the ship docked in Saigon, Gene and I went ashore for a few hours. Everything was normal. The next morning we decided to go uptown just to get off the ship. As soon as we got there it looked like we were walking around a US Army post. American Soldiers were everywhere. We soon found out that a troop ship had arrive the night before. If I remember correctly, we learned that 3,000 troops came in on that ship. Naturally, Gene and I discussed the implications.

After we settled down with cold beers in the Majestic Hotel:

images

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...majesticsaigon.com.vn/images/history/1960.jpg

Gene detailed the coming Vietnam War. I distinctly remember him discussing Dien Bien Phu:

I am not talking about crystal ball gazing or Monday morning quarterbacking. Gene blamed President Eisenhower for not helping the French hang on to Vietnam as he detailed what was coming.

Now let’s move to November 1, 1963. As fate would have Gene and I found ourselves on a ship docking in Saigon. Only this time all hell broke loose:

Following the overthrow of his government by South Vietnamese military forces the day before, President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother are captured and killed by a group of soldiers. The death of Diem caused celebration among many people in South Vietnam, but also lead to political chaos in the nation. The United States subsequently became more heavily involved in Vietnam as it tried to stabilize the South Vietnamese government and beat back the communist rebels that were becoming an increasingly powerful threat. While the United States publicly disclaimed any knowledge of or participation in the planning of the coup that overthrew Diem, it was later revealed that American officials met with the generals who organized the plot and gave them encouragement to go through with their plans. Quite simply, Diem was perceived as an impediment to the accomplishment of U.S. goals in Southeast Asia. His increasingly dictatorial rule only succeeded in alienating most of the South Vietnamese people, and his brutal repression of protests led by Buddhist monks during the summer of 1963 convinced many American officials that the time had come for Diem to go. Three weeks later, an assassin shot President Kennedy. By then, the United States was more heavily involved in the South Vietnamese quagmire than ever. Its participation in the overthrow of the Diem regime signaled a growing impatience with South Vietnamese management of the war. From this point on, the United States moved step by step to become more directly and heavily involved in the fight against the communist rebels.

This Day in HIstory: Nov 02 1963
Ngo Dinh Diem assassinated in South Vietnam

Ngo Dinh Diem assassinated in South Vietnam - Nov 02, 1963 - HISTORY.com

Being somewhat foolish, Gene and I went uptown to see what was going on. Before long we once again settled down in the Majestic Hotel. Gene covered much of what we talked on our previous trip to Saigon adding “Now it begins.”

The long voyage home

Going from Saigon to the West Coast usually took about 18 days depending upon weather. On November 23, 1963 the ship was a few hours out of San Pedro, California. Gene and I were working on deck preparing for port when someone came out and told us that JFK had been assassinated.

After finishing work we went to the mess room and listened to the radio that was blanketed with the events in Dallas. Lee Harvey Oswald was still unknown in those early reports. It did not matter. The first thought that came to our minds was that a Catholic South Vietnamese hit squad had assassinated JFK as revenge for Ngo Dinh Diem’s assassination.

NOTE: Remember that Ngo Dinh Diem was also Catholic killed by Buddhist officers. They had no reason to kill JFK who ordered Diem’s murder.

President Kennedy (not wanting to be a one term President) ordered Diem to let up on the persecutions . . . but he refused. World opinion forced Kennedy to choose between his church and his political career and his decision cost him his life.

Finally the order went forth for Diem's removal and Buddhist Officers dragged him from the church and riddled him with bullets. This occurred on Nov. 2, 1963.

Assassination of President Kennedy — Solved at Last!!

Assassination of President Kennedy: Solved at Last!!

Subsequent events never changed our minds. Indeed, the still to come coverup convinced us that South Vietnamese Catholics unconnected to the Vatican either killed JFK or paid for it. The coverup tells the story after you eliminate every crackpot theory:

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes to Doctor Watson.

Of all the theories —— blaming this guy is the most improbable:

2D48FF2D00000578-3267845-image-m-104_1444511072132.jpg

Both McCone and the commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald (center) was a 'lone gunman' who killed Kennedy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/10/22/2D48FF2D00000578-3267845-image-m-104_1444511072132.jpg

This is my opinion rather than a theory:

The government needed the South Vietnamese, a Buddhist country, as willing allies in the coming war against Communist expansion in SE Asia. The American people never would have fought for the South if the Vietnamese got caught for killing an American president.

You can find a piss pot full of interpretations for the JFK assassination. The more the merrier. Everything from Oswald, to the CIA, to the Catholic Church, to the mafia. Every theory, and some I probably never heard about, is down by the head with true believers. Examine them one by one and this fact runs through all of them. Liberals will never admit that a simple act of revenge killed their beloved JFK for something he did.

Finally, the Vietnam War was as necessary as the Korean War. Had this country defeated Communism during the Cold War, the war against Islam would be a pushover today instead of facing two enemies sworn to destroy this country. Specifically, Vietnam would be an ally on China’s border instead a full-fledged Communist enemy country.

Putting your theory about JFK's assassination aside, I would like to read more about your experiences on the high seas and the many places you must have visited. That would be interesting.

PS. Anyone who has extensively studied the events in Dallas, knows it was a coup d'etat.

Putting your theory about JFK's assassination aside, I would like to read more about your experiences on the high seas and the many places you must have visited. That would be interesting.
To gipper: I will post a sea story if I think of one that does not bore me to death.
PS. Anyone who has extensively studied the events in Dallas, knows it was a coup d'etat.
To gipper: Is that your opinion? or is it a theory?

And exactly which government was overthrown?

coup d'état (noun)
plural coups d'état or coup d'états

The sudden overthrow of a government by a usually small group of persons in or previously in positions of authority.​

In case your extensive study missed it —— the same people who were in positions of power before Dallas were still there after Dallas. They all moved up one slot.

Quite wrong .

The only ones concluding it was a coup are those who are entertained by conspiracy theories and selectively limit them selves only to information about those theories.

Intelligent people who study it with an eye to logic and evidence from any perspective conclude Oswald acted alone.

That is what the evidence proves and no evidence supports the theory of a coup

Intelligent people who study it with an eye to logic and evidence from any perspective conclude Oswald acted alone.

To Soupnazi630: I, too, cannot see a coup d'état. If my opinion of the JFK assassination is unacceptable, then Oswald acting alone —— supported by the Warren Court’s conclusion —— is just as believable as anything else.

How in the world could the CIA "withhold information" in the most important event in the 20th century? Had the CIA become an independent rogue agency or did it still work for the U.S. Government in 1963? The short answer is that the CIA didn't "withhold information", the CIA was at the center of the Warren Commission cover up. Why did the CIA invite Oswald back into the U.S. at the peak of the Cold War after he committed treason and denounced his citizenship and sought asylum in the USSR? It's possible that Oswald's treason led to the downing of the U-2 flight but why didn't the CIA care? Why did they allow the traitor to return to the U.S. with his Russian bride who was the daughter of a high ranking KGB officer? WTF was the CIA up to? The grassy knoll is bullshit. The CIA tried to use Oswald to assassinate Castro and the mission backfired.

To Soupnazi630: I, too, cannot see a coup d'état. If my opinion of the JFK assassination is unacceptable, then Oswald acting alone —— supported by the Warren Court’s conclusion —— is just as believable as anything else.
Come now, you must know the Warren Commission report was just about entirely bogus.

Do not forget that Allen Dulles was fired by JFK, but then LBJ in effect, put the scumbag in charge of the Warren Commission. So, he did not just move up a notch, he went from nothing to being in charge.

At any event, one must analyze the entirety of the event....before, during, and after the killing. There is so much material that one must spend years analyzing it before making a valid judgement. I have. Have you?

How in the world could the CIA "withhold information" in the most important event in the 20th century? Had the CIA become an independent rogue agency or did it still work for the U.S. Government in 1963? The short answer is that the CIA didn't "withhold information", the CIA was at the center of the Warren Commission cover up. Why did the CIA invite Oswald back into the U.S. at the peak of the Cold War after he committed treason and denounced his citizenship and sought asylum in the USSR? It's possible that Oswald's treason led to the downing of the U-2 flight but why didn't the CIA care? Why did they allow the traitor to return to the U.S. with his Russian bride who was the daughter of a high ranking KGB officer? WTF was the CIA up to? The grassy knoll is bullshit. The CIA tried to use Oswald to assassinate Castro and the mission backfired.
There was no Warren commission cover up..the Warren commission followed the evidence to the only logical conclusion.

The CIA did not invite Oswald back into the usa nor did they allow him or give him permission to return to the usa. Such matters are not CIA business. Emigration and immigration is run by the state department.

Marina Oswald was the daughter of a local police officer not a kgb official.

Oswald's immigration was not treason even if he did renounce his citizenship. There is no way it could have compromised the u2/program as he had nothing to do with the u2.

Follow the evidence not supposition

Come now, you must know the Warren Commission report was just about entirely bogus.

Do not forget that Allen Dulles was fired by JFK, but then LBJ in effect, put the scumbag in charge of the Warren Commission. So, he did not just move up a notch, he went from nothing to being in charge.

At any event, one must analyze the entirety of the event....before, during, and after the killing. There is so much material that one must spend years analyzing it before making a valid judgement. I have. Have you?
You have never read the Warren commission report you have my been told it is bogus and have never checked to see what it said.

You are dead wrong in your claims.

Absolute fact Allen Dulles RESIGNED which is not being fired.

Absolute fact: Allen Dulles was not in charge nor placed in charge of the Warren commission. Chief justice Earl Warren was placed in charge and was in charge of the commission from start to finish. Hence the name WARREN commission.

And yes unlike you I have spent years studying it from both sides not just one.

You can show no evidence of a conspiracy but a mountain of unrefuted evidence proves Oswald did it

You have never read the Warren commission report you have my been told it is bogus and have never checked to see what it said.

Absolute fact: Allen Dulles was not in charge nor placed in charge of the Warren commission. Chief justice Earl Warren was placed in charge and was in charge of the commission from start to finish. Hence the name WARREN commission.

You can show no evidence of a conspiracy but a mountain of unrefuted evidence proves Oswald did it
I have provided a mountain of evidence, but you have chosen to ignore it.

To believe Dulles resigned of his own free will, is further proof you are uninformed.

To believe Dulles resigned of his own free will, is further proof you are uninformed.

Actually you have only made assertions never provided evidence.

A resignation is a resignation even if chosen over less pleasant alternatives

I know you are trying to be funny.:lmao:

Listening to anything USMB's resident troll the evil NAZI paid shill says,you cant expect people like me and gipper to take you serious. uh anybody who is stupid enough to use the word NAZI in their user name,obviously has no interest whatsoever in the truth.THINK. you can do it..:rolleyes::uhoh3::biggrin:

that troll is so desperate for attention around here he talks to himself always addressing my posts all the time when he knows i have him on ignore.:lmao: He is only doing what his handlers instruct him to do here..

someone like that belongs in a mental institution.:haha:

I have a few people here that have me on their ignore list,but unlike that stupid nazi troll,i have logic and common sense and dont go around talking to myself like he does with me.:haha:

the warren commission has been refuted,you obviously have not looked into this case.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

yeah the OP has not done any research into this at all other than look at the stuff that supports the warren commission.:rolleyes:

Flanders you need to get off that deserted island you been living on your whole life and watch this video here has the facts in it that are overwhelming that there were multiple shooters and it was CIA operation.nobody has even been able to refute it.

Here is another good one as well.

if thats too long for you to watch,these two videos below are all under three minutes so you have NO EXCUSE NOT TO WATCH THEM.:biggrin:

so much for Flanders wacky conspiracy THEORY that oswald shot JFK.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::rolleyes:

When Jesse Curry retired as police chief of Dallas, Texas, he wrote a book called "JFK Assassination File." In a 1969 interview for the Dallas Morning News around the time of publication, Curry stated,

"We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did.

Nobody's yet been able to put him in that building with a gun in his hand." [1]

here is Jesse curry in this video below.

Thats the UNDERSTATEMENT of the century.:up:

as always,the warren commission apologists demonstrate like clockwork,they only see what they WANT to see so he of course wont watch my videos above or read anything i posted.:D:rolleyes:

anything that exposes the warren commissions lies,they refuse to look at as always.

Last edited:

I know you are trying to be funny.:lmao:

Listening to anything USMB's resident troll the evil NAZI paid shill says,you cant expect anybody to take you serious.that troll is so desperate for attention around here he talks to himself always addressing my posts all the time when he knows i have him on ignore.:lmao:

someone like that belongs in a mental institution.:haha:

I have a few people here that have me on their ignore list,but unlike that stupid nazi troll,i have logic and common sense and dont go around talking to myself like he does with me.:haha:

the warren commission has been refuted,you obviously have not looked into this case.:rolleyes:
You do not ignore anyone because you are too immature.

Every post you have ever types has been refuted and crushed which is why you respond by repeating them endlessly.

You have been proven dishonest and uninformed .

You nor anyone else has refuted the WC you only assert they have with zero evidence.

Now run and sling shit like a loser which is all you ever do troll

yeah the OP has not done any research into this at all other than look at the stuff that supports the warren commission.:rolleyes:

Flanders you need to get your head out of your ass and watch this video,the facts in it are overwhelming that there were multiple shooters and it was CIA operation.nobody has even been able to refute it.
Your videos are fictional entertainment.

They prove nothing and in fact there is no evidence of cia involvement or a second shooter.

But he's you are dim enough to believe such films are real.

You actually believed every episode of the xfiles are documented truth

the warren commission apologists cant think for themselves to understand that was WHY gerald ford was rewarded POTUS same as governor ronald reagan was for blocking jim garrisons investigation blocking his subpeona for allen dulles as was arlen specter for future senator for their roles in the coverup.:rolleyes:

I took him to school and owned him in post # 15 :D

You failed to do anything except make a fool of yourself.

None of these claims are supported by any evidence.

the warren commission apologists cant think for themselves to understand that was WHY gerald ford was rewarded POTUS same as governor ronald reagan was for blocking jim garrisons investigation blocking his subpeona for allen dulles as was arlen specter for future senator for their roles in the coverup.:rolleyes:

I took him to school and owned him in post # 15 :D

You have presented no evidence of any kind that Gerald Fords succession to nixon had any connection to the WC.

You failed to provide that Reagan blocked anything.

You failed to even provide any evidence that the WC is wrong

Forum List

Back