One of the biggest threats of Christianity is from within

Jesus was kind to everyone, he never denied any man or woman who needed something from him. He dined with sinners, including prostitutes. So you already know the answer to your question.
I agree. I have seen evangelistic Trump supporters seem to ignore this.

So since you aren't being specific I assume you think Trump supporters are undermining Christianity. Is that it? And just out of curiosity are you a Christian or just a concerned observer? For the record I am not a Christian.
I consider myself a Christian. I am not the one to make any final judgement. Many Christians would probably find some of my beliefs would make me not a Christian. I find Trump lacks morality and ethics. I cannot support him, more, for that reason than his political beliefs. Granted, every politician has deficiencies in morality and ethics but never anything like Trump.

I consider myself a Christian. I am not the one to make any final judgement. Many Christians would probably find some of my beliefs would make me not a Christian. I find Trump lacks morality and ethics. I cannot support him, more, for that reason than his political beliefs. Granted, every politician has deficiencies in morality and ethics but never anything like Trump.
I thought forgiveness for a person's short comings was a cornerstone of Christianity? I had a business partner who was a devout Baptist and that jerk was as corrupt and dishonest as the day is long. But he was in Church every Sunday with his white shirt and tie.

I thought forgiveness for a person's short comings was a cornerstone of Christianity? I had a business partner who was a devout Baptist and that jerk was as corrupt and dishonest as the day is long. But he was in Church every Sunday with his white shirt and tie.
Going to church does not mean you are a person of God. God forgives but I do not think he is too pleased with those who take advantage of his forgiveness. Those who expect forgiveness for themselves but are not sure others receive it are the biggest hypocrites.

How do you think Jesus would be approaching the many illegal immigrants at the US southern border?
First of all there's no such thing as illegal immigrant. They are undocumented immigrants. And I believe Christ would welcome them with open arms.

Going to church does not mean you are a person of God. God forgives but I do not think he is too pleased with those who take advantage of his forgiveness. Those who expect forgiveness for themselves but are not sure others receive it are the biggest hypocrites.
Some of the biggest hypocrites are in the church and they know it.

@ElmerMuddn
The danger to christianity comes from woke preachers who deny the divinity of Christ, his salvation, his resurrection and his ascension. This woman is one of those. Satan uses women to do his dirty work. He always has.

How does your wife feel about that misogynistic statement

I believe all believers must be humble and realize no human is omnipotent as God is. All humans are flawed and can be flawed in their beliefs.
Those who are too sure of what God wants make me nervous.
The work Christians have done and continue to do in the world by the Holy Spirit is the will of God. As God averred through Jeremiah, His plans for His people were a future and a hope, for then His people would seek Him and find Him, and He would hear their prayers and gather them back into His fold (Jer 29:11-24). That was His will. His will was for His people to abandon their waywardness and seek Him, to be in the Spirit worshiping and thanking the true God (Eph 5:17-20). Through the work of the Messiah, the new faithful Israel - the holy Israel of God - has found the Father and is indwelled by the Holy Spirit, and thus has muzzled a great measure of the world's ignorance. Peter sums up the Christian vocation quite succinctly:

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.
(1 Pt 2:15-16)​

By the Holy Spirit, Christians convict the world through their good works.

I believe all believers must be humble and realize no human is omnipotent as God is. All humans are flawed and can be flawed in their beliefs.
Those who are too sure of what God wants make me nervous.
Rightfully so, religion is responsible for some of the biggest atrocities that ever occurred in the world Plus they keep a lot of misters and misjudgments about people other than themselves.

There is much self-righteousness behind this statement. "THESE people are hypocrites. Unlike, say, me."
I am not a religious person. I am purely spiritual, something few religious people can rightfully claim because of all the religious dogma they have to put up with. It's a whole lot more work for a whole lot less the way I see it.

I am not a religious person. I am purely spiritual, something few religious people can rightfully claim because of all the religious dogma they have to put up with. It's a whole lot more work for a whole lot less the way I see it.

Self-righteous too. Judging hypocrites, yes? Of which you are not.

Self-righteous too. Judging hypocrites, yes? Of which you are not.
There was a time probably about when I was 12 years old I figured out the Catholic Church was totally messed up. I felt like a hypocrite going to church, but I did it to please my mother. When I left home and joined the Air Force I was true to myself and gave it up.

There was a time probably about when I was 12 years old I figured out the Catholic Church was totally messed up. I felt like a hypocrite going to church, but I did it to please my mother. When I left home and joined the Air Force I was true to myself and gave it up.

That's nice.

Being a Christian is about admitting that you are a sinner and you're a hypocrite. You cannot do a thing to separate yourself from your sin nature BUT rely on Christ. That's it. Every real Christian would be first to admit that. Yep, I'm a sinner, and a hypocrite, is the saying. There's always room for more.

You didn't say that, did you? You said, sniff sniff, THOSE religions are full of hypocrites. Well, you're right. There's always room for more.

I just spoke to a Catholic. He said some of the biggest hypocrites are those who leave the church, and they know it.

That's nice.

Being a Christian is about admitting that you are a sinner and you're a hypocrite. You cannot do a thing to separate yourself from your sin nature BUT rely on Christ. That's it. Every real Christian would be first to admit that. Yep, I'm a sinner, and a hypocrite, is the saying. There's always room for more.

You didn't say that, did you? You said, sniff sniff, THOSE religions are full of hypocrites. Well, you're right. There's always room for more.
I grew out of the primitive religions. I am one with God now and no matter what you say you cannot offend me. I hope everyone will see the light one of these days. Either way you will understand sooner or later.

I grew out of the primitive religions. I am one with God now and no matter what you say you cannot offend me. I hope everyone will see the light one of these days. Either way you will understand sooner or later.

Okey dokey

Forum List

Back