Jesus v Buddha

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
OK, I am reading a book by John Paul II who has been canonized (I am beginning to wnder if any canonizations since... say, 1950 are valid but I won't digress any further)

He said something that I admit I am taking out of context, a sentence taken out of one of the paragraphs in the book

but the paragraph does not exactly refute my ... uh.. point

the point is that he says that it is in the (often-labeled "evil") world (which the Buddhists give up for spiritual reasons) that we find God... and I'm like HUH? I thought we found God through CHRIST? through HIs Church..

so he goes on to say that our struggles in the world ... can't recall verbatim but something like.. how they help us in our spiritual life.. (my words). Yeh... right... To some extent that is so... but.. I actually found myself agreeing, in that segment of the book anyway, with the Buddhists... I mean, you look around and there is just nothing but hideous evil

The Catholic Church for the most part agrees with Buddha RE this issue. Proof of this is

the convents and monasteries

many of them do not allow outsiders in except to visit briefly and the cloistered stay out of the world... Also, the black (the collar) worn by priests indicates a death to the world philosophy

the longer i live in this sick world the more I want to get away from it...

too bad I can't take Musk's rocket to the moon or somewhere...

sigh

(Tune of "Plastic Jesus")
Get yourself a happy Buddha,
he's the man to help you through the
hard times, when trouble comes to pass.

Though he never lost his virginity,
Buddha found the path to serenity,
In forty days of sitting on his ass.

By Seymour Flops

(Tune of "Plastic Jesus")
Get yourself a happy Buddha,
he's the man to help you through the
hard times, when trouble comes to pass.

Though he never lost his virginity,
Buddha found the path to serenity,
In forty days of sitting on his ass.

By Seymour Flops
LOL

you wrote that?

best poem I've heard in a long time... (which may not be saying much as I am NOT a poetry fan...)

:)

no buddhists here i reckon
What are you looking for? ALL groups have SOME truth. But if they deny Jesus, they deny the Father. All religions have SOME truth, but the One True God only works through His church. Believe or reject Christ's own words. The choice is yours

What are you looking for? ALL groups have SOME truth. But if they deny Jesus, they deny the Father. All religions have SOME truth, but the One True God only works through His church. Believe or reject Christ's own words. The choice is yours
Let's hope it stays that way

Did Buddah teach, "no man can come to the Father, except through Me"???
Beat me to it!

But, I don't know a lot about Buddha, so I don't want to speak out of ignorance.

ABikerSailor , can you give us four or five examples of Buddha's teachings that matched those of Jesus? Like "Well, Buddha said ___________, and Jesus said __________, and they are similar because __________." No one or two word answers, please.

Beat me to it!

But, I don't know a lot about Buddha, so I don't want to speak out of ignorance.

ABikerSailor , can you give us four or five examples of Buddha's teachings that matched those of Jesus? Like "Well, Buddha said ___________, and Jesus said __________, and they are similar because __________." No one or two word answers, please.
From what I know, Buddha was a philosopher and not really a RELIGIOUS leader. But you're right. ONLY Jesus spoke with AUTHORITY as the Son of God

Truth: Polls indicate that the majority of American's declare they are Christian. Sad to say that other polls prove the vast majority of those who claim to be Christian have no respect for the actual doctrine of Christ as found in the Holy Bible or the Christian "law Giver"......Christ Jesus.

A few years back there was a poll taken that sampled 35000 American's who claimed to be Christian (Pew forum on Religion and Public life.) -- 2008 70% of that 35000 stated that there are "many" religions that can lead to salvation, Christianity is not exclusive.

79% of the Catholics that were sampled answered in the affirmative.......Christianity is not exclusive to salvation. 83% of the mainline protestants answered the same..........and 57% of the so called "Evangelicas" also answered the same.

The president of the Interfaith Alliance declared this to be a good thing meaning, "It indicates a level of humility about religion that would be a great benefit to everyone......"

Truth: Those who claim to be Christian yet declare that Christianity is not the only path to eternal salvation and fellowship with the living God are....at best, "Conceited, Cowards, or Conmen"........or all 3. For clearly they are "uniformed" concerning the actual theachings of Christ Jesus as presented in the Holy Bible. The night before He was sacrificed on the cross He stated this, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through Me." -- John 14:6

Later the Apostle Peter declared the same thing.........Salvation is only through Christ Jesus (Acts 4:12). If anyone actually wants to know about the way to eternal fellowship (Life) with God, he/she will only learn that truth through the teachings of Jesus Christ, who will, ".........judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His Kingdom." -- John 12:48......its the words of Christ that will judge everyone on the final day.

How can any "rational and logical person" make such a claim while stating that He/She is a Christian? How can they conclude there other or many pathways to salvation and eternal life?

The New Testament revelations from God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit teach that the way to salvation is not through, "Confucius, Budda, Mohammad, Gandhi, or Krishna".

We are instructed to "enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction......." -- Matthew 7:13-14

Truth: Polls indicate that the majority of American's declare they are Christian. Sad to say that other polls prove the vast majority of those who claim to be Christian have no respect for the actual doctrine of Christ as found in the Holy Bible or the Christian "law Giver"......Christ Jesus.

A few years back there was a poll taken that sampled 35000 American's who claimed to be Christian (Pew forum on Religion and Public life.) -- 2008 70% of that 35000 stated that there are "many" religions that can lead to salvation, Christianity is not exclusive.

79% of the Catholics that were sampled answered in the affirmative.......Christianity is not exclusive to salvation. 83% of the mainline protestants answered the same..........and 57% of the so called "Evangelicas" also answered the same.
Well, I am Catholic and I have never believed that you can be saved in any way other than through Christ (except maybe when I was 5 yrs old and didn't know Jesus too well... didn't have very religious parents, 4 sure)

But Catholics began being taught this any-religion-can-save nonsense with Vatican II. The Church b4 Vatican II always taught as Scripture teaches: "No one can come to the Father except through Me"

so you can blame all this confusion and idiocy on Vatican II and the anti-Christs who changed things. There were some bishops who defied this and other changes at Vatican II. Listen to them (I tell the Catholics. Protestants probably don't want to hear a word I am saying just bc I am Catholic.. [I've been in this world for some time now, have noticed Protestants despise Catholicism, even though they don't u/stand the first thing about it])

OK, I am reading a book by John Paul II who has been canonized (I am beginning to wnder if any canonizations since... say, 1950 are valid but I won't digress any further)

He said something that I admit I am taking out of context, a sentence taken out of one of the paragraphs in the book

but the paragraph does not exactly refute my ... uh.. point

the point is that he says that it is in the (often-labeled "evil") world (which the Buddhists give up for spiritual reasons) that we find God... and I'm like HUH? I thought we found God through CHRIST? through HIs Church..

so he goes on to say that our struggles in the world ... can't recall verbatim but something like.. how they help us in our spiritual life.. (my words). Yeh... right... To some extent that is so... but.. I actually found myself agreeing, in that segment of the book anyway, with the Buddhists... I mean, you look around and there is just nothing but hideous evil

I don't know what you really like to say here - but I guess I can break down your strange problem to a question like "Who is the better Catholic?" and here some concrete names: "Al Capone or Mahatma Ghandi?", "Josef Stalin or the Dalai Lama?", "Adolf Hitler or Dietrich Bonhoeffer?", "Meister Eckhart or rightnow909?"

Did Buddah teach, "no man can come to the Father, except through Me"???

Jesus said so. And do you really like to tell Jesus he is wrong if he should bring a Buddha to his father? By the way: Jesus is his father. They are one.

-----
Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ...
-----

-----

Last edited:
the longer i live in this sick world the more I want to get away from it...

too bad I can't take Musk's rocket to the moon or somewhere...

sigh

Your "sigh" is indeed an "halleluja" if you only start to think about one of the problems which you really had in this context - like for example the problem radiation. But slowly I start to think I'm also happy that I have the worst 50% of my life behind me. Nevertheless I hope for some good or better decades in front of me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back