One At A Time...Go Trump

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
9th circuit get another judge that Trump picked.
Didn't even bother consulting with the democrats on it. my, my

The Senate on Tuesday confirmed President Trump's nominee to be a judge on the liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in a party-line vote -- and, in a historic snub, the White House ignored the input of the judge's two Democratic home-state senators in the process.

The aggressive and unprecedented move to bypass the traditional "blue slip" consultation process and plow ahead with the confirmation comes as the Trump administration seeks to systematically erode left-wing dominance on the key appellate court, which Trump has called "disgraceful" and politically biased.

With a sprawling purview representing nine Western states, the appellate court has long been a thorn in the side of the Trump White House, with rulings against his travel ban policy and limits on funding to "sanctuary cities." A lawsuit is currently pending before the 9th Circuit concerning Trump's emergency declaration over border security -- and Trump had sarcastically predicted that Democrats would purposefully file suit in the San Francisco-based appellate court to improve their odds.
9th Circuit gets another Trump-picked judge, after White House bypasses consultation with Dems

Funny how the article pretends only the 9th circuit has forced the dotard to comply with the constitution.

Funny how the article pretends only the 9th circuit has forced the dotard to comply with the constitution.
The 9th circuit I believe is the most overturned court. Time for a change.
Less than 0.1% overturned. At 99.9% affirmed, I don't see where this need for change comes from.

https://www.americanbar.org/content...azine/LandslideJan2010_Hofer.authcheckdam.pdf
They want unlimited power for the Presidency. Which will be amusing when a Democrat takes over.

It is not. Trump tweets are not reliable sources.
I don't look at tweets. But you are correct, still nothing to brag about, though.
The 9th Circuit’s reversal rate is higher than average, but it’s not the absolute highest among the circuit courts. That distinction goes to the 6th Circuit, which serves Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee, with an 87 percent average between 2010-15. The 9th Circuit placed third.

6th Circuit - 87 percent;

11th Circuit - 85 percent;

9th Circuit - 79 percent;

3rd Circuit - 78 percent;

2nd Circuit and Federal Circuit - 68 percent;

8th Circuit - 67 percent;

5th Circuit - 66 percent;

7th Circuit - 48 percent;

DC Circuit - 45 percent;

1st Circuit and 4th Circuit - 43 percent;

10th Circuit - 42 percent.
Trump: 9th Circuit Court has 80 percent overturn rate

Not sure what the percentage is from 2015 and 2018

Less than 0.1% overturned. At 99.9% affirmed, I don't see where this need for change comes from.

https://www.americanbar.org/content...azine/LandslideJan2010_Hofer.authcheckdam.pdf
I think you're reading it wrong, Kon.

In high profile cases, where the plaintiffs want the Constitution to be ignored, they are ALWAYS filed in the 9th Circuit.

That court is not the enemy of Trump, it is the enemy of the Constitution and the American people.

In high profile cases, where the plaintiffs want the Constitution to be ignored, they are ALWAYS filed in the 9th Circuit.

That court is not the enemy of Trump, it is the enemy of the Constitution and the American people.
Yup, that where the democrats go shopping when looking for a judge.

^ brainwashed

^ brainwashed
Strange that the 9th circuit court is the court of choice by the democrats when they want an injunction to stop Trump.
No, no he's not brainwashed....but, you....................?

^ brainwashed
Strange that the 9th circuit court is the court of choice by the democrats when they want an injunction to stop Trump.
Again, you pretend the fat bastard hasn’t been slapped down in other circuit courts.

^ brainwashed
Again, you pretend the fat bastard hasn’t been slapped down in other circuit courts.
No, we were talking about what DGS was discussing regarding the high profile cases, and the reasoning behind shopping the 9th circuit

It is not. Trump tweets are not reliable sources.
I don't look at tweets. But you are correct, still nothing to brag about, though.
The 9th Circuit’s reversal rate is higher than average, but it’s not the absolute highest among the circuit courts. That distinction goes to the 6th Circuit, which serves Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee, with an 87 percent average between 2010-15. The 9th Circuit placed third.

6th Circuit - 87 percent;

11th Circuit - 85 percent;

9th Circuit - 79 percent;

3rd Circuit - 78 percent;

2nd Circuit and Federal Circuit - 68 percent;

8th Circuit - 67 percent;

5th Circuit - 66 percent;

7th Circuit - 48 percent;

DC Circuit - 45 percent;

1st Circuit and 4th Circuit - 43 percent;

10th Circuit - 42 percent.
Trump: 9th Circuit Court has 80 percent overturn rate

Not sure what the percentage is from 2015 and 2018
That's of the cases sent to SCOTUS. The rate of total cases overturned is less than 0.1%.

Forum List

Back