Zone1 Once again Protestants get Catholicism wrong (understatement): You can be forgiven outside Confession

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

This is a truly Catholic site, trusted by yours truly.

Even before I discovered this site. or any truly Catholic .. uh... anything... I knew that the Church did not teach: that you have to go to confession to a priest and if you don't b4 you die, you will go to Hell. That's what a lot of Protestants THINK the CC teaches. Or they claim to believe that Catholics believe that... A lot of anti-Catholics... they are the worst people IMO because they seem to not care (just speaking in generalities) about actually having the TRUE Catholic teachings in mind when they attack the CC.. I don't trust them as far as I can throw Michael Moore..

But anyhow, I learned something myself going to that site, namely that we should say the Act of Contrition (said in a sacramental confession [to a priest]) every day... not just in confession. Of course Novus Ordo Watch says we haven't had any validly ordained priests for a long time. A validly ordained priest is such bc he has been ordained by a validly ordained bishop... something we are in dire shortage of.. Many bishops, themselves validly ordained, have died off since 1958 when the Vatican was taken over by commies and liberals..

• Banned
Everyone needs to work for true contrition... esp in light of the fact that the Catholic Churches.. oops.. I mean what purports to be such

have likely no validly ordained priests who can sacramentally absolve you. Again, the Vatican sect stole the Vatican from true Catholics in 1958

At the surface level, the biggest difference between Catholics and "Born Agains" is that you will NEVER hear a Catholic claim to be "saved," and in fact, most Catholics find that expression nauseating.

The older I get, the more muddy is my conception of "sin." I reject the idea of "thought-sins" and I'm to old to actually do anything sinful.

• Banned
At the surface level, the biggest difference between Catholics and "Born Agains" is that you will NEVER hear a Catholic claim to be "saved," and in fact, most Catholics find that expression nauseating.

The older I get, the more muddy is my conception of "sin." I reject the idea of "thought-sins" and I'm to old to actually do anything sinful.
doesn't make sense. . the implication is that young people have to fight their sinfulness but once you're old, you are home free vis a vis all that... can rest easy.. time for Heaven! Well, it is true that older people are more spiritual, usually (James Carville being a serious exception) but you commit sins about as much as you always did. I know this bc of my own experiences being human. I gave up mortal sin a long time ago but venial sins dog my footsteps and always will. You give up one sin and another takes its place. When you, with Jesus, conquer your sins, the devil tells you You are a great person, appealing to your pride... ("you're better than those terrible sinners" etc... but pride is one of the deadly sins) and I could give other examples... Fighting sin goes on all one's life... which is why, as you say, some Catholics find it "nauseating" to hear that "I'm saved" nonsense... Salvation is a process. And salvation, once attained can and often is lost... and then you have to go through those dread "processes" all over again.... se la vie... good thing Christ has patience w/ us

Forum List

Back