On NPR, David Brooks Says Democrats Are 'Crazy' to Think Trump Can Win in 2020

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Liberals are breaking out in flop sweat that impeachment is going to backfire and that Donald Trump will be re-elected in November. So if you need someone to shake you out of your fears, there's always pseudo-conservative David Brooks of The New York Times. On the Friday "Week in Politics" segment on NPR's All Things Considered, he said Democrats are "crazy" to think Trump can win again.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Here, let me correct the header: "On NPR, David Brooks Says Democrats Are BEING DRIVEN 'Crazy' KNOWING Trump WILL Win in 2020." There, that's more like it.

This the kind of conservative who is unable to conserve his pants when called a racist?

Liberals are breaking out in flop sweat that impeachment is going to backfire and that Donald Trump will be re-elected in November. So if you need someone to shake you out of your fears, there's always pseudo-conservative David Brooks of The New York Times. On the Friday "Week in Politics" segment on NPR's All Things Considered, he said Democrats are "crazy" to think Trump can win again.

Here, let me correct the header: "On NPR, David Brooks Says Democrats Are BEING DRIVEN 'Crazy' KNOWING Trump WILL Win in 2020." There, that's more like it.
Thanks. I hope David Brooks is right.

Opinion | The Banality of Change

I mean, since 2016, since Trump was elected, there have been 300 elections around the country - governorships, House races. Republicans have done terribly in pretty much all them. They've lost 10 governorships. They've lost their House majority.

Poor David using Dem math again.

Unfortunately for you, he is usually wrong by his own admission. Anybody with his track record should automatically be dismissed.

David Brooks: "My Predictions Have Been Wrong Consistently," However Trump Will Underperform In Iowa
David Brooks: "My Predictions Have Been Wrong Consistently," However Trump Will Underperform In Iowa

I hope he goes to Cuba!

Unfortunately for you, he is usually wrong by his own admission. Anybody with his track record should automatically be dismissed.

How can his consistently wrong predictions and Trump winning be recondiled

None of the talking heads of left or right, or posters on this board can accurately predict the 2020 election at this time. If someone does, it is dumb luck, although there is a betting line in Los Vegas that will be glad to take your money. Too much can happen between now and then, so go ahead and pound each other for entertainment value only. :)

I have to be honest here, I am seeing some of the same complacency with trump supporters that I saw with Hillary supporters...maybe not to the ridiculous degree they were at [celebrating her birth-right the night before the election] but heading down that road.
...but my real problem is why did it take this for Brooks to call liberals crazy?

None of the talking heads of left or right, or posters on this board can accurately predict the 2020 election at this time. If someone does, it is dumb luck, although there is a betting line in Los Vegas that will be glad to take your money. Too much can happen between now and then, so go ahead and pound each other for entertainment value only. :)

Oh, I think Trump will "win" (read: buy) the election.
Inside Donald Trump’s army of super PACs and MAGA nonprofits – Center for Public Integrity

Follow the money. Always follow the money.

Actually you’re wrong. Some will accurately predict it. The point is that Brooks is consistently wrong when he has a 50/50 chance. That takes a special kind of stoopid.

I think it's crazy to think he CAN'T win. There's a lot of time between now and November and a lot of things can happen, but my Lord, I look at who's running on the Dems side and I think, there's no one there that can sway the independent voters. They're all far left people with huge spending ideas, a lot more than Trump. They can win their blue states, but it'll be pretty much a redo of 2016 IMHO, at this point anyway. The Left coast and the East coast go blue and everything in between minus a few states will go red.

Last edited:

Good, he should go tell President Hilary his prediction....cause something tells me he was also telling people that hilary was going to win in 2016....

Ask the internet and it will reward you....

David Brooks: It Is Accepted "Fact" That Trump Will Lose; "Inner Bitterness Coming To The Surface In Unattractive Ways"

Forum List

Back