OMIGOD...Tony Gwynn gone

I remember as a little kid telling all my friends one day he's going to hit .400. Too bad it never happened. They really shouldn't let players chew that shit during games. It's not good for the players and it's not good for the kids to see.

He came close. If not for the strike one year he may have hit .400. I think that for a 162 game period he did

I don't watch baseball anymore. Back when I used to watch the only other guy besides TG who I thought had a chance at it was Tod Helton on Colorodo.

Olerud had as shot at in in 1993. Hit .363. He also hit .354 for the Mets in 1998.

He came close. If not for the strike one year he may have hit .400. I think that for a 162 game period he did

I don't watch baseball anymore. Back when I used to watch the only other guy besides TG who I thought had a chance at it was Tod Helton on Colorodo.

Olerud had as shot at in in 1993. Hit .363. He also hit .354 for the Mets in 1998.

I'm a met fan. He was one of my favorite players. I thought he was such a dork for wearing his batting helmet in the field. lol

I'm a met fan. He was one of my favorite players. I thought he was such a dork for wearing his batting helmet in the field. lol

You do know it was because he had a head injury, right?

In 1989, while recovering from a brain aneurysm, Olerud hit .359 with 5 HR and 30 RBI in 78 plate appearances. He threw for three wins, two losses, and a 6.68 ERA. He was a Pac-10 North All-League Designated Hitter.]

The aneurysm put him at higher risk for another one if he experienced trauma to his head.

You do know it was because he had a head injury, right?

In 1989, while recovering from a brain aneurysm, Olerud hit .359 with 5 HR and 30 RBI in 78 plate appearances. He threw for three wins, two losses, and a 6.68 ERA. He was a Pac-10 North All-League Designated Hitter.]

The aneurysm put him at higher risk for another one if he experienced trauma to his head.

I know. I wasn't knocking the guy for wearing it. I just thought it made him look dorky.

We did a card show with him signing autographs, my kid and his friend were playing on the elevators at the hotel and met Tony Gwynn on the way down. Gwynn signed a ball and gave it to the kids and then latter came up and chatted with them and us for awhile.

A very nice guy, all of sports needs more of his type.

He will be missed.

How much are his rookie cards worth now?

Anything with a confirmed signature basically doubles overnight.

Its the morbid side of the collector's business.

We've got cards...a Hawaiian Islander ball he wanted to buy from us but signed instead and a signed bat (we were there for the signings)....but we want to hang on to our memorabilia.

How sad....we watched him for years....and got to know him on the autograph circuit. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm going to guess from being overweight? You just knew he was going to get fat after baseball. You know who didn't who I thought would? Cecil Fielder. His son is a fatty though and probably will be huge when he's done with baseball.

No from too much Tobbacky.

Forum List

Back