Omaha Catholics protest gender discrimination policies

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
Very proud of all the parents who stood up against the Omaha archdiocese gender discrimination policy today, August 31st 2022. The policy has been changed and implementation has been pushed back till next year. Essentially, they said they will not allow their children to be bullied by archaic standards of what and who they are. Today's parents demand an end to all discrimination that affects their children. This is the way to change the church and get it out of the dark ages. Solidarity, there is no church if it has no members.

Very proud of all the parents who stood up against the Omaha archdiocese gender discrimination policy today, August 31st 2022. The policy has been changed and implementation has been pushed back till next year. Essentially, they said they will not allow their children to be bullied by archaic standards of what and who they are. Today's parents demand an end to all discrimination that affects their children. This is the way to change the church and get it out of the dark ages. Solidarity, there is no church if it has no members.
It was on the local news tonight and there's not really a site for it there's one but you have to buy into the nonpareil paper over in Iowa. I will post one probably tomorrow when it becomes available.

So what exactly are they protesting against? What did the church even do?

So what exactly are they protesting against? What did the church even do?
The archdiocese of Omaha made up of gender policy that was nothing but discriminatory. It was supposed to be initiated this year. At a meeting with parents the objections were so great they pushed it back to next year but they said adamantly that they were not changed the standing but they would use better language in. Which means absolutely nothing. Just put it this way we have an organization with a long history of turning a blind eye to systemic child abuse. And now they want to continue that to cause harm to children that don't fit there standard. Think about it they have no right to take anything like this. Three of the Catholic schools in the archdiocese said they were not follow it was discriminatory in nature and it was harmful to inact it.

I have read several posts here and have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. You give no details, just plethora of emotive, opinionated stuff that reveals nothing of .. what u are talking about

I can't tell if the diocese was "discriminating" against trans or against those who do not believe in transing yourself..

If the parents are really religious as good Catholics are supposed to be and believe God made man, they would realize God made 2 genders. If a body has an Y chromosome it is male. If it has no Y it is female. Mental illness aside, case closed.

The archdiocese of Omaha made up of gender policy that was nothing but discriminatory. It was supposed to be initiated this year. At a meeting with parents the objections were so great they pushed it back to next year but they said adamantly that they were not changed the standing but they would use better language in. Which means absolutely nothing. Just put it this way we have an organization with a long history of turning a blind eye to systemic child abuse. And now they want to continue that to cause harm to children that don't fit there standard. Think about it they have no right to take anything like this. Three of the Catholic schools in the archdiocese said they were not follow it was discriminatory in nature and it was harmful to inact it.
What is this issue actually about: all your posts have been cagey, cagey. You are hiding something, in fact everything. Is this about pedophilia, or trannies, and is it pro or con?

I have read several posts here and have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. You give no details, just plethora of emotive, opinionated stuff that reveals nothing of .. what u are talking about

I can't tell if the diocese was "discriminating" against trans or against those who do not believe in transing yourself..
It was very discriminatory they said they would view all students as the gender they were born, etc. One parent who was disheartened by the language of the original policy said, "; I think what struck me the most about the language seems so definitive on the youth that would be included or excluded from our school system.. part of the reason we chose Saint Cecilia's is that it's always been this welcoming, warm environment for any child no matter who they are or who they think they might be. I hope now that with the letter that has come out that the archbishop will really sit down and take into account feedback from the parents in the school community. We have such a wonderful Catholic school program here in Omaha I hope we can keep it that way." The previous week the archdiocese made a public statement about the policies of for how schools were to respond to children experiencing gender dysphoria. The policies cover the use of pronouns, dress codes, and participation in sports, saying those should be determined by biological sex at birth. The policies were applied to students, staff and volunteers. According to the policies, students are staff who didn't abide by Catholic teachings regarding gender identity could be dismissed from school or lose their job. They went on to say that gender was not a personal choice and it threatened everything the Catholic Church stands for, I guess that's why they murdered Joan of Arc. Still in the dark ages. A mental health expert who has three children in Catholic schools in Omaha couldn't believe this was happening and said it would cause harm to such students. There's no doubt in her mind it was discriminatory and very ill-advised. My stance is that an organization of unmarried men with a notorious history of child abuse don't even have the right to suggest such things. They just creating more harm for children. Children accept who they are, if so-called adults can't they are the ones with the problem.

If the parents are really religious as good Catholics are supposed to be and believe God made man, they would realize God made 2 genders. If a body has an Y chromosome it is male. If it has no Y it is female. Mental illness aside, case closed.

That's correct if you're ignorant. Sex and gender are not the same thing. There are only two sexes that's correct, that's the physical aspect of our reality here on Earth ( with rare exceptions ). Fortunately, in mankind's psyche / mind there has been an always will be many, many genders. One is biology. One is spiritual / psychological.

Most parents try to protect their children when they can. Most parents don't want undue influence on their children by anyone. Most parents are reasonable. When you come up against things that are unreasonable you protest. If an organization refuses to change with the times they need to be toxic side it's as simple as that. There's nothing holy about the Catholic Church, from its inception in Rome it's been about power and dominance over the people. Where is there any love in that.

Most parents try to protect their children when they can. Most parents don't want undue influence on their children by anyone. Most parents are reasonable. When you come up against things that are unreasonable you protest. If an organization refuses to change with the times they need to be toxic side it's as simple as that. There's nothing holy about the Catholic Church, from its inception in Rome it's been about power and dominance over the people. Where is there any love in that.
Not being a Catholic I can't disagree with you. However your categorization of gender as mental is simply a justification for not treating mental illness.

Not being a Catholic I can't disagree with you. However your categorization of gender as mental is simply a justification for not treating mental illness.
If you read my last post, a mental health expert was present and said if these policies that discriminate on the gender or basis or enforced it would cause harm to the children. I agree with her. When you don't feel wanted or l even tolerated it tends to affect people adversely. Both the people that are doing the discriminating and the ones being discriminated against, it hurts everyone. I am no longer a Catholic but I remember all the harm it did to me because I am gay. I believe in GOD, but not the religious ones. The real one.

Forum List

Back