Ol' Trump Sure Does Like The Sound Of His Own Chin Music

Chin music is a baseball pitched high and tight, buzzing under your chin. Nobody likes it or wants it. You can't even insult somebody with any degree of intelligence.

Get off the boards Homer.

Chin music is a baseball pitched high and tight, buzzing under your chin. Nobody likes it or wants it. You can't even insult somebody with any degree of intelligence.

Was I wrong... I thought you were smart enough to know, sometimes there are different meanings for various words and phrases - duh!

Definition of chin music

chin music
  • idle talk, chatter.Whenever those two get together, all they do is make a lot of chin music.

<snip>

• White lies.
  • You've owed me the rent for over a week, but all you've given me is a lot of chin music.
  • (Boxing) A hard punch to the jaw, usually from the side.Trinidad gave Oscar Dela Hoya a little chin music.

noun

• Mocking another with false sympathy by pretending to play a tiny violin at one's chin.As John launched into his excuse for missing class, his teacher said, "Cry me a river" and began playing chin music.
    Last edited on Dec 16 2014. Submitted by Anonymous on Dec 16 2014.
noun - uncountable
  • facial hair around the chin or mouth on a male. Especially used in the context of baseball pitchers, derived from the other sense of this term which involves baseball.

Was I wrong... I thought you were smart enough to know, sometimes there are different meanings for various words and phrases - duh!

Definition of chin music

chin music
  • idle talk, chatter.Whenever those two get together, all they do is make a lot of chin music.

<snip>

• White lies.
  • You've owed me the rent for over a week, but all you've given me is a lot of chin music.
  • (Boxing) A hard punch to the jaw, usually from the side.Trinidad gave Oscar Dela Hoya a little chin music.

noun

• Mocking another with false sympathy by pretending to play a tiny violin at one's chin.As John launched into his excuse for missing class, his teacher said, "Cry me a river" and began playing chin music.
    Last edited on Dec 16 2014. Submitted by Anonymous on Dec 16 2014.
noun - uncountable
  • facial hair around the chin or mouth on a male. Especially used in the context of baseball pitchers, derived from the other sense of this term which involves baseball.

Yeah I knew other meanings would exist. Most common to me (and normal Americans) is the baseball use. Sorry, "the gloves are off".

Forum List

Back