Okl lege has a few Republicans acting like The Onion

Information overload....................

Somebody Please take over leaving off with PEOPLING...........LOL

Thats a course in History.............PEOPLING.............LOL:bang3::banghead:

I guarantee you almost no one on this board knows of the existence of La Pietra Report. Rethinking American History in a Global Age edited by Bender.

This is a real for deal paper that was put out there on how to revamp American History to fit with a globalization view.

It's for fucking real. And they're putting it into practice.

Learning Objectives Students are able to ...

In the Concept Outline ID-4

Explain how conceptions of group identity and autonomy emerged out of cultural interactions between colonizing groups, Africans, and American Indians in the colonial era.

ID-5 Analyze the role of economic, political, social, and ethnic factors on the formation of regional identities in what would become the United States from the colonial period through the 19th century.

ID-6 Analyze how migration patterns to, and migration within, the United States have influenced the growth of racial and ethnic identities and conflicts over ethnic assimilation and distinctiveness.

ID-7 Analyze how changes in class identity and gender roles have related to economic, social, and cultural transformations since the late 19th century.

ID-8 Explain how civil rights activism in the 20th century affected the growth of African American and other identity-based political and social movements.

Peopling (PEO) This theme focuses on why and how the various people who moved to, from, and within the United States adapted to their new social and physical environments. Students examine migration across borders and long distances, including the slave trade and internal migration, and how both newcomers and indigenous inhabitants transformed North America. The theme also illustrates how people responded when “borders crossed them.” Students explore the ideas, beliefs, traditions, technologies, religions, and gender roles that migrants/immigrants and annexed peoples brought with them and the impact these factors had on both these peoples and on U.S. society.
I can see why Republicans are outraged....it doesn't mention rich white men at all
One day you'll grow up...............don't see it now...............

One day, Republicans will grow up and not be threatened by a realistic depiction of history

Republicans are rewriting science, why not do the same thing with history?

Well there's a broad brush.

By all means give specifics.

Let's see

97% of scientists support the idea of man made global warming......Republicans still don't believe it

A leading Republican for President doesn't support evolution

I can still see that you believe in this farce. Y'all are the new flat earthers.
Why should we believe 97% of scientists over what Rush Limbaugh tells us to believe?
97% of rightwing media moguls do not believe in global warming

Explain how conceptions of group identity and autonomy emerged out of cultural interactions between colonizing groups, Africans, and American Indians in the colonial era.

ID-5 Analyze the role of economic, political, social, and ethnic factors on the formation of regional identities in what would become the United States from the colonial period through the 19th century.

ID-6 Analyze how migration patterns to, and migration within, the United States have influenced the growth of racial and ethnic identities and conflicts over ethnic assimilation and distinctiveness.

ID-7 Analyze how changes in class identity and gender roles have related to economic, social, and cultural transformations since the late 19th century.

ID-8 Explain how civil rights activism in the 20th century affected the growth of African American and other identity-based political and social movements.

Peopling (PEO) This theme focuses on why and how the various people who moved to, from, and within the United States adapted to their new social and physical environments. Students examine migration across borders and long distances, including the slave trade and internal migration, and how both newcomers and indigenous inhabitants transformed North America. The theme also illustrates how people responded when “borders crossed them.” Students explore the ideas, beliefs, traditions, technologies, religions, and gender roles that migrants/immigrants and annexed peoples brought with them and the impact these factors had on both these peoples and on U.S. society.
I can see why Republicans are outraged....it doesn't mention rich white men at all

One day, Republicans will grow up and not be threatened by a realistic depiction of history
How do you do that when those writing it change the second amendment wording in Common Core to save WHAT..........10 OR SO WORDS...............

Why NOT POST IT AS WRITTEN....................

Why the change.......................

When it was NOT NEEDED..............

PEOPLING TOPIC......................

You've got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME..................I can tell the HIPPIES OF THE 60'S are running the show as they FRIED their BRAINS back then................

Let's see

97% of scientists support the idea of man made global warming......Republicans still don't believe it

I can still see that you believe in this farce. Y'all are the new flat earthers.
Why should we believe 97% of scientists over what Rush Limbaugh tells us to believe?

Because it's a lie. Truly stop making a fool of yourself claiming that 97% or scientists believe in global warming.

:lol:

Do you know how they got the 97%? Truly?

79 scientists responded who listed themselves with climate science as an area of expertise out of 3,146 who responded to the survey said they believed in AGW.

The other scientists were left out. 97% of those 79 SCIENTISTS have you got it? 79 Scientists who wrote papers on climate change believed in it. And that's just for starters. I can break it down further for you.

Let's see

Because it's a lie. Truly stop making a fool of yourself claiming that 97% or scientists believe in global warming.

79 scientists responded who listed themselves with climate science as an area of expertise out of 3,146 who responded to the survey said they believed in AGW.

The other scientists were left out. 97% of those 79 SCIENTISTS have you got it? 79 Scientists who wrote papers on climate change believed in it. And that's just for starters. I can break it down further for you.
Good god.....is that all you got?

Let's talk FACT

Scienists around the globe laugh at Republican deniers

How do you do that when those writing it change the second amendment wording in Common Core to save WHAT..........10 OR SO WORDS...............

Why NOT POST IT AS WRITTEN....................

Why the change.......................

When it was NOT NEEDED..............

PEOPLING TOPIC......................

You've got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME..................I can tell the HIPPIES OF THE 60'S are running the show as they FRIED their BRAINS back then................

Hey back off. I expanded mine and became a conservative. :lol:

Honestly what you are witnessing are people who wished they'd had a good time in the 60's and were the nerdy assholes of the 60's who never got laid.

John F'n did you know I was in Vietnam Kerry is a perfect example of loser chic from that time period.

Let's see

Good god.....is that all you got?

Let's talk FACT

Scienists around the globe laugh at Republican deniers

Put them up. By all means put up all your global warming fools and I can neg you out in mine.

I only go on one thing rightwinger. The earth's environment is changing. As it always has, as it always will.

Now being a mega conservationist I believe we have to spend our time, our effort and our monies trying not to influence our lives and our beings and the way we live as to impact negatively on the planet. AKA mother earth.

Wasting monies giving politicians who can't even fix a freaking pothole quizzillions of tax payer dollars to fix the earth's weather isn't on the top of my agenda.

They can't fix jack shit buddy. And now you want to think that Pelosi or McConnell are going to fix the fucking weather?

Kiss my ass :lol:

Now. Do I think we can do shit? You bet I do. I'm a conservationist after all.

Left wing loon's version of American History can be taught with these two words.

"America sucks". or in the words of Reverend Wright "Goddamn America".
And these two words "American exceptionalism" is horse shit as well.

Fool. What America is and always will be is exceptional. I'll never forget standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty for the first time and looking up at her. It was an overwhelming experience. Part of the problem with you left wing nutbars is you've never travelled outside of your home town to experience the sheer wonder that is America.

I've been coast to coast. Blessed in my life that way.Very few states I haven't been to.

America is just fabulously unreal.
Only when we live up to the Constitution is America exceptional, we have done it many times, and we have failed many times.

I am no more a left winger than you are a mainstream American.

America has pimples. Get over it.

With all due respect Jake, kiss my ass. :) If one is a minority there is no place on the planet to be as free to be as different as you want as America.

Even up here we have a real deal with Quebec harboring truly bigoted attitudes towards Muslims or Mennonites or anyone that isn't of the Catholic Faith. AND/OR not of "Quebec blood". The shit going down is beyond unseemly.

In this day and age. Just north of you.
That you are wrong matters not. America is not exceptional, Americans less so, unless we follow the Constitution. We don't as we should most of the time.

You spent too much time in government history classes
Keep bah-ing, you silly goat. You are a libertarian in political philosophy, so you are as brainless as bripat, the anarchist.

I do grant that you are not innately evil in your philosophy as is Contumacious, who uses it as a disguise for his own desires.

You believe it, as senselessly and faithfully and blindly as does the communist, the flip side of your single coin.

You spent too much time in government history classes
Keep bah-ing, you silly goat. You are a libertarian in political philosophy, so you are as brainless as bripat, the anarchist.

I do grant that you are not innately evil in your philosophy as is Contumacious, who uses it as a disguise for his own desires.

You believe it, as senselessly and faithfully and blindly as does the communist, the flip side of your single coin.

More racist drivel. What is your hatred of blacks based on? What have they ever done to you?

Oklahoma is unwilling to accept that advanced placement students may learn that your country does not always make good decisions and that there are sometimes wide ranging repurcussions of bad government

My country right or wrong is good enough for Oklahoma

Let's see

You are putting words in Walker's mouth . He never said that he didn't.
He said in one of his tweets that he thinks God and science go hand in hand.

Not even the scientists are in agreement with climate change being man made.
Many say they need more data.

Let's see

You are putting words in Walker's mouth. He never said that he didn't.

Many say they need more data

Many of these so called scientists made the exact same statements about cigarette smoking and cancer

Let's see

Many of these so called scientists made the exact same statements about cigarette smoking and cancer

And people are still getting lung cancer, even though they have never smoked or been around it.

Let's see

And people are still getting lung cancer, even though they have never smoked or been around it.

Conservatives and logic

Smoking causes cancer therefore anyone who has cancer must have smoked
Drunk driving causes auto accidents therefore anyone in an auto accident must be driving drunk

Conservatives and logic

Drunk driving causes auto accidents therefore anyone in an auto accident must be driving drunk

That is not what I said.

Conservatives and logic

That is not what I said.

If Christians were treated as well as Muslems in the U.S. they would be jumping for joy. A kid can get suspended for carrying a Bible or wearing a Crucifix on campus but Muslems are encouraged to wear religious garb and in fact Christian girls are often forced to wear a burka to see what it is like. Liberals were horrified that the Koran might have been mishandled in Gitmo by Marines but the Ten Commandments that had been part of a court house wall for a half century were ordered by the court to be smashed by sledgehammer. Who would have thought that the fake "separation church/state" decision written by a S.C. justice who was a former KKK member would become so perverted that a Korean War monument in San Diego was ordered demolished because it featured a Christian Cross?

Eagle is right, to present any schooling with bias on any side is government censorship. ALL the facts need to be laid out and then a discussion is ensued and everyone takes home their own belief.

Forum List

Back