Okl lege has a few Republicans acting like The Onion

Left wing loon's version of American History can be taught with these two words.

"America sucks". or in the words of Reverend Wright "Goddamn America".
And these two words "American exceptionalism" is horse shit as well.

No, america is exceptional. Its just that you're unexceptional.

You know I constantly find it amazing at how the left hates America. No other country in the world would put up with their bullshit.

They are like a nagging ex wife/ ex husband. Always bitching. They remind you every time they open their mouths why you divorced them.

:lol:

Left wing loon's version of American History can be taught with these two words.

Fool. What America is and always will be is exceptional. I'll never forget standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty for the first time and looking up at her. It was an overwhelming experience. Part of the problem with you left wing nutbars is you've never travelled outside of your home town to experience the sheer wonder that is America.

I've been coast to coast. Blessed in my life that way.Very few states I haven't been to.

America is just fabulously unreal.

Shhhh. Starkey is a republican.

Like I'm freaking Nancy Pelosi!

:lmao:

Fool. What America is and always will be is exceptional. I'll never forget standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty for the first time and looking up at her. It was an overwhelming experience. Part of the problem with you left wing nutbars is you've never travelled outside of your home town to experience the sheer wonder that is America.

I've been coast to coast. Blessed in my life that way.Very few states I haven't been to.

You like that statue, made in France?

Pulpit Initiative - The Black Robe Regiment

One of the Black Robe Pulpit initiatives...........

n 2008, ADF launched the Pulpit Initiative, which is designed to restore the right of pastors to speak freely from the pulpit on any and all issues addressed by Scripture.

Historically, churches have emphatically, and with great passion, spoken Scriptural truth from the pulpit about government and culture. Historians have stated that America owes its independence in great degree to the moral force of the pulpit. Pastors have proclaimed Scriptural truth throughout history on great moral issues such as slavery, women’s suffrage, child labor and prostitution. Pastors have also spoken from the pulpit with great frequency for and against various candidates for government office.

All that changed in 1954 with the passage of the "Johnson amendment" which restricted the right of churches and pastors to speak Scriptural truth about candidates for office. The Johnson amendment was proposed by then-Senator Lyndon Johnson, and it changed the Internal Revenue Code to prohibit churches and other non-profit organizations from supporting or opposing a candidate for office. After the Johnson amendment passed, churches faced a choice of either continuing their tradition of speaking out or silencing themselves in order to retain their church’s tax exemption. The Internal Revenue Service, in conjunction with radical organizations like Americans United for Separation of Church and State, have used the Johnson amendment to create an atmosphere of intimidation and fear for any church that dares to speak Scriptural truth about candidates for office or issues.

It is time for the intimidation and threats to end. Churches and pastors have a constitutional right to speak freely and truthfully from the pulpit – even on candidates and voting – without fearing loss of their tax exemption. Join us on September 26th for Pulpit Freedom Sunday and make a stand for our 1st Amendment freedoms.

Elect Truth Get the Facts Vote the Future

History of the Johnson Amendment

The Johnson Amendment was passed by Congress in 1954 as an amendment to section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code. The Johnson Amendment states that entities who are exempt from federal income tax cannot:

Participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of – or in opposition to – any candidate for public office.

The Johnson Amendment was added to the tax code as a result of the political machinations of Lyndon B. Johnson who was running for reelection to the United States Senate. One scholar who studied this extensively concluded that the Johnson Amendment “is not rooted in constitutional provisions for separation of church and state…. Johnson was not trying to address any constitutional issue related to separation of church and state; and he did not offer the amendment because of anything that churches had done.” Click here to read a scholarly history of the Johnson Amendment.

Since its passage in 1954, the Johnson Amendment has been applied to prohibit what a pastor says from the pulpit concerning candidates who are running for elective office. This means that under current IRS regulations, a pastor cannot say anything from the pulpit that may constitute support for – or opposition to – a political candidate.

It has not always been this way. For almost the first 200 years of America’s history, pastors frequently spoke out with great boldness about the great moral and social issues of the day and about the candidates running for office.

n 2008, ADF launched the Pulpit Initiative, which is designed to restore the right of pastors to speak freely from the pulpit on any and all issues addressed by Scripture.

Historically, churches have emphatically, and with great passion, spoken Scriptural truth from the pulpit about government and culture. Historians have stated that America owes its independence in great degree to the moral force of the pulpit. Pastors have proclaimed Scriptural truth throughout history on great moral issues such as slavery, women’s suffrage, child labor and prostitution. Pastors have also spoken from the pulpit with great frequency for and against various candidates for government office.

All that changed in 1954 with the passage of the "Johnson amendment" which restricted the right of churches and pastors to speak Scriptural truth about candidates for office. The Johnson amendment was proposed by then-Senator Lyndon Johnson, and it changed the Internal Revenue Code to prohibit churches and other non-profit organizations from supporting or opposing a candidate for office. After the Johnson amendment passed, churches faced a choice of either continuing their tradition of speaking out or silencing themselves in order to retain their church’s tax exemption. The Internal Revenue Service, in conjunction with radical organizations like Americans United for Separation of Church and State, have used the Johnson amendment to create an atmosphere of intimidation and fear for any church that dares to speak Scriptural truth about candidates for office or issues.

It is time for the intimidation and threats to end. Churches and pastors have a constitutional right to speak freely and truthfully from the pulpit – even on candidates and voting – without fearing loss of their tax exemption. Join us on September 26th for Pulpit Freedom Sunday and make a stand for our 1st Amendment freedoms.
There's an easy fix, no tax exemption. Religion isn't supposed to be about politics. It gets ugly when it is.

Only when we live up to the Constitution is America exceptional, we have done it many times, and we have failed many times.

I am no more a left winger than you are a mainstream American.

America has pimples. Get over it.

Looked at the members site and groups.............Not that many people there, but I am looking at some of their issues.............

Posted one....................

Churches can lose their Tax Free Status by supporting or not supporting a Politician...................If they do then they can get taxed by the IRS...............They state that for nearly 200 years Churches could speak for or against a candidate and that in 1954 they were told no.

Now Union GROUPS and other Groups can support Candidates, so why couldn't a Church speak it's mind under our Constitution.

On this one, I believe they have a case.................and I learned this from their site.

There's an easy fix, no tax exemption. Religion isn't supposed to be about politics. It gets ugly when it is.
According to the article, they were allowed to do so up until 1954....................

Did our country implode during for the nearly 200 years when they voiced their opinions......................

According to the article, they were allowed to do so up until 1954....................

Did our country implode during for the nearly 200 years when they voiced their opinions......................
Give up the tax break and say what you want. Your free speech doesn't require me to pay for it.

Give up the tax break and say what you want. Your free speech doesn't require me to pay for it.
That wasn't the question...............Before 1954 cite the problem.

Oh certainly. I love that statue that symbolizes America's heart and soul.

My father you see loved history. While other kids went off to camp and got to do cool things like learning how to canoe, my dad bless his soul dragged me around historical monuments and battlefields.

My "how I spent my summer vacation" included brutal descriptions of the medic tent at Gettysburg or how my dad climbed the Washington Needle with me. I had an interesting childhood.

That wasn't the question...............Before 1954 cite the problem.
The problem before is the same as the problem now, religion is non-partisan and should that way.

Why would you want the faithful to walk away from a church because of politics? Answer, you wouldn't.

Only when we live up to the Constitution is America exceptional, we have done it many times, and we have failed many times.

I am no more a left winger than you are a mainstream American.

America has pimples. Get over it.

With all due respect Jake, kiss my ass. :) If one is a minority there is no place on the planet to be as free to be as different as you want as America.

Even up here we have a real deal with Quebec harboring truly bigoted attitudes towards Muslims or Mennonites or anyone that isn't of the Catholic Faith. AND/OR not of "Quebec blood". The shit going down is beyond unseemly.

In this day and age. Just north of you.

My father you see loved history. While other kids went off to camp and got to do cool things like learning how to canoe, my dad bless his soul dragged me around historical monuments and battlefields.

My "how I spent my summer vacation" included brutal descriptions of the medic tent at Gettysburg or how my dad climbed the Washington Needle with me. I had an interesting childhood.
Always nice to hear of someone who appreciates their childhood, or even their father for that matter.

That's awesome!

5 Facts About American History That Oklahoma Wants to Ban - Mic

5 Facts About American History That Oklahoma Wants to Ban

In a move straight out of an Onion article, the Oklahoma state legislature has moved to ban history. At least, the accurate study of it.

House Bill 1380, written by Republican state legislator Dan Fisher, prohibits "the expenditure of funds on the Advanced Placement United States history course" in Oklahoma public schools. Fisher is a member of the dominionist Black Robe Regiment, which argues that a "false wall of separation of church and state has been constructed" by secular progressives who aim to stamp out religious faith in the United States. This might explain his motivation for the bill: That Advanced Placement U.S. history courses only teach "what is bad about America" and fail to emphasize "American exceptionalism."

· Some of Fisher's peers feel that even this egregious politicization of Oklahoma's curriculum doesn't go far enough. Rep. Sally "Gays Are Worse Than Terrorists" Kern has claimed that "AP courses violate the legislation approved last year that repealed Common Core" and "could be construed as an attempt to impose a national curriculum on American schools."

· Oklahoma's not the first state to declare the AP U.S. history course "un-American." In January, the Georgia legislature introduced a resolution that rejects a new version of the course for teaching a "radically revisionist view of American history" and neglecting to sufficiently lionize "America's Founding Fathers, the principles of the Declaration of Independence [and] the religious influences on our nation's history."

·

Far right wing reactionaries are to blame for this anti-educational insanity.

The idiots claim that “Manifest Destiny, American military tactics in World War II and the immigration booms of the late 19th century are all ‘maligned in the new framework, according to Krieger — and he's made it his life's mission to change the AP U.S. history course back to the more "pro-American" version”.

Among the more common false teachings “in American classrooms to unsuspecting students” are — a list of truths that, if Oklahoma gets its way, students may never hear." Examples are:

· “Lie: The Civil War had little to do with slavery.
Truth: The Civil War had everything to do with slavery”

· Lie: America was founded on religious freedom.
Truth: America was founded on religious persecution.

· Lie: America was founded as a Christian nation.
Truth: America passed a treaty saying it's not.

You spent too much time in government history classes

Always nice to hear of someone who appreciates their childhood, or even their father for that matter.

It wasn't just all balls to the walls historical adventures. My father was a champ. He got me into the THE Peppermint Lounge in New York when I was just a kid. I had to of course have the "Shirley Temples" while my mom, dad, and Baba got to seriously partying down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days. Next up memories from F Troop.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeding.

Looked at the members site and groups.............Not that many people there, but I am looking at some of their issues.............

Posted one....................

Churches can lose their Tax Free Status by supporting or not supporting a Politician...................If they do then they can get taxed by the IRS...............They state that for nearly 200 years Churches could speak for or against a candidate and that in 1954 they were told no.

Now Union GROUPS and other Groups can support Candidates, so why couldn't a Church speak it's mind under our Constitution.

On this one, I believe they have a case.................and I learned this from their site.
My opinion is that if an entity is tax-exempt, it should be completely non-political.

So end all tax-exempt statuses. End all tax deductions and exemptions for businesses, churches, and unions.

Forum List

Back