Ok so who besides me is ordering takeout?

The restaurant industry is DYING right now. The SBA loans are stalled, the money is running out, they've laid almost everyone off and the owners are in there cooking and serving until they drop. They need your support. The food is great. The food is safe. If you want to be extra careful nuke it for a couple minutes. I've been getting takeout every other day about, and they are all so happy to have the business. They didn't deserve this, support your favorite local restaurants they REALLY NEED YOU.

You must have good money. I don't. I'm trying to order as little as possible.
I have simple tastes. I love my Mexican restaurants and a takeout meal for 3 of us is around 25 bucks with tip.

The restaurant industry is DYING right now. The SBA loans are stalled, the money is running out, they've laid almost everyone off and the owners are in there cooking and serving until they drop. They need your support. The food is great. The food is safe. If you want to be extra careful nuke it for a couple minutes. I've been getting takeout every other day about, and they are all so happy to have the business. They didn't deserve this, support your favorite local restaurants they REALLY NEED YOU.

I have simple tastes. I love my Mexican restaurants and a takeout meal for 3 of us is around 25 bucks with tip.
Sadly our favorite Mexican restaurant is only doing take and bake meals so no Mexican for us unless it's something like taco bell which we all know isn't anything like Mexican.

Sadly our favorite Mexican restaurant is only doing take and bake meals so no Mexican for us unless it's something like taco bell which we all know isn't anything like Mexican.
That's a bummer. Well there's probably some good ones worth trying.

I love going to my favorite restaurants for breakfast. I'd do it 5 times a week.

But until this COVID-19 thing gets under control, I ain't gonna go.
Of course that's your call. I am cautious, I take the order and when I get home I remove everything from the packaging and put it in our containers. I Throw away the packaging and wash my hands. Then nuke the food for a couple minutes.

We haven't.
We live too far from anything to be in delivery range except the local pizza place.
I really miss my favorite Mexican place, but that is 17 miles away.

Y

That's a bummer. Well there's probably some good ones worth trying.
Yeah I remembered one. They had good food but a really shitty atmosphere. We went once but wound up staring at a wall then moved to the front window so never went back. Since the inside no longer matters we'll give them a call in a today or two.

We had four restaurants. Within a week, they were all closed entirely. They tried take out but people aren't in town to work or shop so none of the restaurants had enough orders to justify paying a cook and kitchen help. My favorite, where I go for breakfast a lot, closes one day a year and is open during the worst blizzards for the snow plow and utilities workers. It's their duty, they say. But they couldn't do it with no customers for a solid week.

McDonalds is all there is left.

We had four restaurants. Within a week, they were all closed entirely. They tried take out but people aren't in town to work or shop so none of the restaurants had enough orders to justify paying a cook and kitchen help. My favorite, where I go for breakfast a lot, closes one day a year and is open during the worst blizzards for the snow plow and utilities workers. It's their duty, they say. But they couldn't do it with no customers for a solid week.

That a shame. Hopefully they'll reopen when this crap is all over and done with.

We really wanted to know this, ol' bag.
Cook your own eggs for a change!

My takeout places are closed and I has a sad. :(

Not me. Restaurant food is a treat to me and that's only if I can eat inside. If I have to eat it in the car or my own home I mine as well cook my own food. I usually only eat at Texas Roadhouse and that's because I'm a mystery shopper and get the food for free. (I did mystery shop Twin Peaks a while back, free food and cute girls, hell yea) Food is too expensive at restaurants now. I remember not long ago going places and finding main courses for 9.99. Now you go places and you're lucky to find an appetizer for that much.

I do cook too. I'm not a GREAT cook but I'm a good cook, much better than when I was first married--heh. Now that we're all home all the time I tell my family, "aren't you glad I learned to cook?" heh
I bet you are a better cook than you are a teacher.

Your teachers obviously were better cooks.

My takeout places are closed and I has a sad. :(
Hopefully that is temporary.

My daughter is a catering manager for a local deli. I try to order take out once a week from them for my other kids and my mom.

I always like the drive thru at the local Mexican restaurant, which offers the finest Mexican cuisine available, Taco Bell.

Also did take out at KFC as well as a tremendous local pizzeria, Domino's.

Some good stuff out there.

I always like the drive thru at the local Mexican restaurant, which offers the finest Mexican cuisine available, Taco Bell.

Also did take out at KFC as well as a tremendous local pizzeria, Domino's.

Some good stuff out there.

The donut chicken sandwich.

Forum List

Back