OK Brainiacs, how would YOU prevent future school shootings?

You are a gun-control freak.
You remind me of a line from that old Buffalo Springfield song : There's a man with a gun over there, telling me I have to beware". You sir, are not in any position to be name calling.

That's a fact, not name calling.
You, my dear, confuse opinion with facts, then add spurious pejoratives to slander people. This is a serious issue, which you seem willing to mock for your own needs.

No, that would be you and your tactics, but thank you for playing. Now, is your homework done?
Why do pro gun people have this weird paranoia everyone that dosen't agree with them is involved in some kind of superstitious plot and the segue off into slanders and misdirection? "Is your Homework done"? What does that even mean?

You act like a child when your arguments get destroyed. Therefore, I was checking to see if you had your homework done. Monday will be here before you know it.

Let's here it from all you gun control freaks...
"Gun control freaks"? What about us normal regular folks that oppose the pro gun nutter insanity? Because, that's were this issue begins. They need a big dose of reality in that cool aid they drink.

You are a gun-control freak.
Shut up - progressives (adults) are talking.
progressives (adults)

that's an oxymoron

Eliminate the sale of AR-15's and other repeating rifles to the general public.

No selling of guns at gun shows without background checks.

Must be 21 or older to buy any gun.

Anyone with a mental health problem cannot buy a gun.

Anyone found guilty of violence of any kind banned from having a gun.

Those in red text are already in place. I assume you were just joking about this.
You can buy a gun at a gun show as long as the seller is not a registered dealer--the so-called gun show loophole
You can buy a long gun at 18
Sure..if the problem is diagnosed and is entered into the system..and the system is checked
Felony violence....you can have 20 misdemeanor assault and batteries..and buy a gun.

Those in red text are already in place. I assume you were just joking about this.
Actually, I claim ignorance.
Sorry for posting on this. I stand corrected, thanks.

I like guns actually, it's funny about that. I just don't hold them in the same high regard as the rest of you. I wondered about this earlier. What do we do about mass shootings in America? Smarter people than all of us aren't being heard over the din of us shouting at each other. I am open to solutions.

You weren't as wrong as you think.....in fact..I think you had the gist of it.

I like guns actually, it's funny about that. I just don't hold them in the same high regard as the rest of you. I wondered about this earlier. What do we do about mass shootings in America? Smarter people than all of us aren't being heard over the din of us shouting at each other. I am open to solutions.
It appears that the tips are being given to LE, it's just not being investigated. That should be dealth with immediately! And...Why did these surrogate parents allow the boy to have the guns?

Thank you, EEF.

It appears that the tips are being given to LE, it's just not being investigated. That should be dealth with immediately! And...Why did these surrogate parents allow the boy to have the guns?
They were scared, he was of age..and the weapons..at least the one used in the crime, was purchased and owned legally.

As for the FBI, social services and local LEA...some of those should go straight to jail.

You can buy a gun at a gun show as long as the seller is not a registered dealer--the so-called gun show loophole
Sure..if the problem is diagnosed and is entered into the system..and the system is checked
Felony violence....you can have 20 misdemeanor assault and batteries..and buy a gun.

How will you stop private sales? Pass a law the everyone knows is unenforceable?
What good will changing the age do? It would have prevented one school shooter, and that was the last one.
How will you fix the problem of the system being broken? Pass another useless law?
So, I get charged with assaulting someone I am banned from defending myself for life? There is a reason why these are misdemeanors.

I suggest another round, of whatever you are drinking and some deep thought on the subject. You aren't there yet, in either case!

They were scared, he was of age..and the weapons..at least the one used in the crime, was purchased and owned legally.

As for the FBI, social services and local LEA...some of those should go straight to jail.
Atually, I didn't know they were scared. I thought they were actually surprised he did the shooting. I was under the impression he was well mannered at home.

Nope. You are just as confused as the other poster.

You remind me of a line from that old Buffalo Springfield song : There's a man with a gun over there, telling me I have to beware". You sir, are not in any position to be name calling.

That's a fact, not name calling.
You, my dear, confuse opinion with facts, then add spurious pejoratives to slander people. This is a serious issue, which you seem willing to mock for your own needs.

No, that would be you and your tactics, but thank you for playing. Now, is your homework done?
Why do pro gun people have this weird paranoia everyone that dosen't agree with them is involved in some kind of superstitious plot and the segue off into slanders and misdirection? "Is your Homework done"? What does that even mean?

You act like a child when your arguments get destroyed. Therefore, I was checking to see if you had your homework done. Monday will be here before you know it.
My arguments were never mention, sir. You presume. This shouldn't be made personal. Now, what "Homework" would you suggest we need?

How will you stop private sales? Pass a law the everyone knows is unenforceable?
What good will changing the age do? It would have prevented one school shooter, and that was the last one.
How will you fix the problem of the system being broken? Pass another useless law?
So, I get charged with assaulting someone I am banned from defending myself for life? There is a reason why these are misdemeanors.

I suggest another round, of whatever you are drinking and some deep thought on the subject. You aren't there yet, in either case!
How will you stop private sales? No advertising the sale of guns by private people. Making the private sale (if they are not collector's guns) illegal.
Changing the age would give parents the right to refused buying their kid a gun. Most shooters are under 21 aren't they? Stopping a few is better than none.
Maybe you think the laws are useless, maybe they hust aren't be enforced.
Guilty of assault...no gun...yes.

Atually, I didn't know they were scared. I thought they were actually surprised he did the shooting. I was under the impression he was well mannered at home.
Well...I just read the interview..looks like he groomed them pretty good...wonder if they knew this?

Suspected shooter Nikolas Cruz threatened to kill ex's boyfriend

“Iam going to f-----g kill you,” Cruz wrote, according to messages Enea provided to BuzzFeed. “Iam going to watch ypu bleed.”
“I jave guns b---h ahahahahah,” he continued. “Iam going to shoot you dead.” He also sent him a photo of his rifles and a black Velcro vest

Mental Health Agency Could Have Hospitalized Cruz In 2016

Sometimes...it's pretty clear that you say shit just to say it. You know I'm right..in fact..in the post previous to this..you as much as admitted I'm correct, factually..in your lame and maudlin rebuttal.

Nice try..demoted to j.g.---just another butter bar...lol!

Any serious replies?

A trained officer with a tactical shotgun, specifically trained in close quarters combat with the shotgun. It's cheap, it's effective, it could be put into place in weeks. For less than the cost of one fighter jet, or Trumps wall.
Except Skews..no one can predict what a person will do in a combat situation..like that Cop in Florida..he was there for that very situation..and he froze..and let those kids die.

Point taken, but you'll notice I qualified my solution with "Trained". Those officers in Florida have no real training in close quarters combat, tactical entry into buildings, or special weapons training. The biggest thing those guys do is write traffic tickets or bust a kid for smoking a joint. Which encompasses 99% of police departments in the south. A bunch of Barney Fifes looking to get a pension in the good 'ol boys club.

The most worthless examples of humanity on the planet.

I'm for firing all of their worthless asses, with no pensions an d let hem get jobs they are qualified for, like picking up trash on the side of the road.

I want people with actual tactical training, who will run up on an idiot with an AR and lay waste to him with one shot of 00Buckshot at close range.

I know for a fact this is not only possible, but entirely realistic, and can be done without the $500,000 it cost to train a SEAL.

Putting one of these guys in each school can be done reasonably fast, and at a reasonable cost to the tax payers, and without making the students feel like they are in Syria.

How will you stop private sales? No advertising the sale of guns by private people. Making the private sale (if they are not collector's guns) illegal.
How do you enforce this?

Changing the age would give parents the right to refused buying their kid a gun. Most shooters are under 21 aren't they?

No, they are about 33 years old on average. What is to prevent them from stealing the weapons from others? Wait, that would be against the law, wouldn't it?

Stopping a few is better than none.

Which one would it have stopped?

Maybe you think the laws are useless, maybe they hust aren't be enforced.

Laws that are not or cannot be enforced ar useless. Let's just repeal the law of gravity so we can all float away!

Guilty of assault...no gun...yes.

You know "assault" has a very wide definition. That is why there is misdemeanor assault and felony assault.

I answered each of your ponts above.

Any serious replies?

A trained officer with a tactical shotgun, specifically trained in close quarters combat with the shotgun. It's cheap, it's effective, it could be put into place in weeks. For less than the cost of one fighter jet, or Trumps wall.
Except Skews..no one can predict what a person will do in a combat situation..like that Cop in Florida..he was there for that very situation..and he froze..and let those kids die.

Point taken, but you'll notice I qualified my solution with "Trained". Those officers in Florida have no real training in close quarters combat, tactical entry into buildings, or special weapons training. The biggest thing those guys do is write traffic tickets or bust a kid for smoking a joint. Which encompasses 99% of police departments in the south. A bunch of Barney Fifes looking to get a pension in the good 'ol boys club.

The most worthless examples of humanity on the planet.

I'm for firing all of their worthless asses, with no pensions an d let hem get jobs they are qualified for, like picking up trash on the side of the road.

I want people with actual tactical training, who will run up on an idiot with an AR and lay waste to him with one shot of 00Buckshot at close range.
Skews, respectfully, when's the last time you 'ran up to an idiot with an AR'? In a normal,everyday setting, when something like this happens, it all gets very surreal, and people can find out some surprising things about themselves..even trained to the ears officers.

Running up on someone with an AR..armed with a shotgun..is a quick way to get dead. This kid was in his video game..his aim was true. No nerves because it was not real to him.

Yeah, I want an end too...but dealing with the situation after the shooting starts is unacceptable..I want to deal with a system that worked..and the people who failed.

Sometimes...it's pretty clear that you say shit just to say it. You know I'm right..in fact..in the post previous to this..you as much as admitted I'm correct, factually..in your lame and maudlin rebuttal.

Nice try..demoted to j.g.---just another butter bar...lol!

No. I destroyed your feeble attempts to pass unenforceable and useless laws to solve problems that are already addressed. Try reading for comprehension. That seems to be your downfall.

Forum List

Back