Oil Price Plunging. Thanks Biden!

Here's a snapshot of the end of Obama's first term, begining of his second term...

"
gas prices have risen sharply under President Obama even when adjusted for inflation. At the beginning of the Obama administration, a gallon of regular gasoline cost only $1.93 in today’s dollars. However, President Obama has pursued policies that have been counterproductive to achieving the goal of low energy prices. The current administration has pushed restrictions on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), imposed a moratorium on deep-water drilling, and rejected the Keystone XL pipeline.

These policies have contributed to steadily rising gasoline prices throughout the Obama administration. Real prices have approached $4.00 per gallon in the spring of 2011 and again this past April; they remained at the historically high level of $3.54 in June.

Whether President Obama will change course and advocate policies that would boost domestic energy production and lead to lower gas prices has yet to be determined. The data show, however, that the course being followed by the current administration is likely to result in more pain at the pump for ordinary Americans."

So, I don't think your chart disagrees with that...The point is, policies matter, and when Democrats, and liberals want to damage the energy sector of this country they do it without regard as to whom it effects in the bottom line, and that is the poor, and middle class...

People ultimately vote kitchen table issues, and when you start hitting them in their pocketbooks, then you should be prepared to move out of your position next election.

BP cheated on safety regs for DeepWater Horizon..Keystone XL is a tax dodge at the expense of the US taxpayer and ANWR isn't worth it.

Why don't YOU go into the oil business since like Trump you know more about it than oilmen?

BP cheated on safety regs for DeepWater Horizon..Keystone XL is a tax dodge at the expense of the US taxpayer and ANWR isn't worth it.

Why don't YOU go into the oil business since like Trump you know more about it than oilmen?
I know enough to read your bullshit and reject it....How about that?

Why do you care how fast they grow? The idea is to create a sustainable world economy. The cowboy economy is dead. A conserver economy is a sustainable economy.

Whose idea is that? I certainly don't care if China has a sustainable economy. IN fact, I want exactly the opposite. China is a threat to every free economy on the planet. What we want is to keep it as weak as possible. Fast economic growth is the way it gets strong.

What the fuck is the "cowboy economy?" What the hell is the "conserver economy? I love these terms you just make up. They are utterly meaningless.

This 1973 article from the New York Times will explain it for you. The USA is always a day late and a dollar short in doing the right thing. Too bad you didn't wake up 40 years ago.

If it was in the New York Times, then it's guaranteed to be total bullshit.

No, it isn't true that they "cheated" on any regulations.

I know a lot more about it than you, yet you claim to have superior knowledge. You really are a total fucking fool.

Last edited:
I know a lot more about it than you, yet you claim to have superior knowledge. You really are a total fucking fool.

My brother did the post mortem saftey assessment on DeepWater Horizon and all the ways they intentionally set it up to avoid accountability.

My brother did the post mortem saftey assessment on DeepWater Horizon and all the ways they intentionally set it up to avoid accountability.
In other words, they didn't violate any regulations.

Thanks for admitting it.

Here's a snapshot of the end of Obama's first term, begining of his second term...

"
gas prices have risen sharply under President Obama even when adjusted for inflation. At the beginning of the Obama administration, a gallon of regular gasoline cost only $1.93 in today’s dollars. However, President Obama has pursued policies that have been counterproductive to achieving the goal of low energy prices. The current administration has pushed restrictions on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), imposed a moratorium on deep-water drilling, and rejected the Keystone XL pipeline.

These policies have contributed to steadily rising gasoline prices throughout the Obama administration. Real prices have approached $4.00 per gallon in the spring of 2011 and again this past April; they remained at the historically high level of $3.54 in June.

Whether President Obama will change course and advocate policies that would boost domestic energy production and lead to lower gas prices has yet to be determined. The data show, however, that the course being followed by the current administration is likely to result in more pain at the pump for ordinary Americans."

So, I don't think your chart disagrees with that...The point is, policies matter, and when Democrats, and liberals want to damage the energy sector of this country they do it without regard as to whom it effects in the bottom line, and that is the poor, and middle class...

People ultimately vote kitchen table issues, and when you start hitting them in their pocketbooks, then you should be prepared to move out of your position next election.
It's almost as if Obama was president for only 5 years. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be trying to dishonestly cherry pick the data, or suggest that $1.80 gas in the middle of a fucking Great Recession makes a valid comparison point, would you sir?

It's almost as if Obama was president for only 5 years. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be trying to dishonestly cherry pick data, would you sir?
Not at all...simply showing that for a pretty fair part of both his first term, and second, his policies drove gas prices through the roof, making it hard on the poor and middle classes...Hell, I can remember during that period charging a fuel premium to cover fuel for deliveries I made...Do you think that was passed along in the form of higher prices to the consumer, or just ate by the distributor?

Not at all...simply showing that for a pretty fair part of both his first term, and second, his policies drove gas prices through the roof, making it hard on the poor and middle classes...Hell, I can remember during that period charging a fuel premium to cover fuel for deliveries I made...Do you think that was passed along in the form of higher prices to the consumer, or just ate by the distributor?
So what happened to gasoline prices 2014-2017 dear def-not-cherry-picking-liar friend?

The article I posted earlier addresses that....
We'll go ahead and say how.

Use your big boy words, you've had plenty of those to talk about Obama's first term and start of second, but seem to ran out of them for his last three years in office.

Strange eh?

Go back and read, I'm not here to repeat myself.
Ok time to get real - you and I both know what happened, in Obama's second term gasoline prices dropped big, to well bellow where they where before Great Recession hit under Bush.

Trump mouthed off a lot about gasoline, but untill Covid recession hit all it did was go up.

You can stop your cherry-picking now, no one is buying your bullshit.

Ok time to get real - you and I both know what happened, in Obama's second term gasoline prices dropped big, to well bellow where they where before Great Recession hit under Bush.

Trump mouthed off a lot about gasoline, but untill Covid recession hit all it did was go up.

You can stop your cherry-picking now, no one is buying your bullshit.

Maybe where you live.

Forum List

Back