Ohio police shot black man 60 times

That is DEMONSTRABLY not what happened. He was clearly tripping.

Who was? The guy they suffocated? Why do I have to repeat myself over and over. If the choices are allowing someone to trip or suffocate them, I say leave him alone.

If McClain, no he wasn't.

No but grabbing them and not allowing them to leave is.
Forget the facts of this case (on which we obviously disagree).

Should police have the authority grab and restrain a person who is obviously tripping on drugs and obviously not acting in a rational manner?

Forget the facts of this case (on which we obviously disagree).

Should police have the authority grab and restrain a person who is obviously tripping on drugs and obviously not acting in a rational manner?

In the post you posted they can restrain him. They can't kill him over it.

A black man walking down the street is not a concern just because he dresses different than you.

Again with the lies. Is that all you have? The call was not about a guy dressing differently, the call was about him dressed suspicious for August weather and acting very strangely. He was acting like he was on dope. Because he said he wasn't, the cops are just supposed to take his word for it and go away? Of course not. They want to make sure his claim is true. If you are pulled over for swerving in a lane and a cop pulls you over for suspected intoxication, is that all you need to do, just tell him you weren't intoxicated? If that works, let me know. I'm going to start drinking more when I go out.

No but grabbing them and not allowing them to leave is.

No, it is not.

Investigative Detention

Under certain circumstances, police officers can temporarily detain a suspect while the officer conducts a brief investigation to determine if the suspect is involved in criminal activity.

During the investigative detention, the suspect is not free to leave, may be handcuffed for officer safety, and may be frisked (briefly searched) for weapons. This is often referred to as a “Terry stop,” named for the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Terry v. Ohio, that first approved the concept of investigatory detentions.

Again with the lies. Is that all you have? The call was not about a guy dressing differently, the call was about him dressed suspicious for August weather and acting very strangely.

There is nothing suspicious about how he was dressed. He explained to the officers why he was dressed like he was. It is very common with people with anxiety issues.

He was acting like he was on dope. Because he said he wasn't, the cops are just supposed to take his word for it and go away?

Yes.

Of course not. They want to make sure his claim is true. If you are pulled over for swerving in a lane and a cop pulls you over for suspected intoxication, is that all you need to do, just tell him you weren't intoxicated? If that works, let me know. I'm going to start drinking more when I go out.

Swerving across lanes is a traffic violation. Walking home from the store is not.

No, it is not.

Investigative Detention

Under certain circumstances, police officers can temporarily detain a suspect while the officer conducts a brief investigation to determine if the suspect is involved in criminal activity.

During the investigative detention, the suspect is not free to leave, may be handcuffed for officer safety, and may be frisked (briefly searched) for weapons. This is often referred to as a “Terry stop,” named for the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Terry v. Ohio, that first approved the concept of investigatory detentions.

Last time. They have been arrested, charged and are facing trial. Maybe you need to offer your advice to his attorney's?

Forum List

Back