Ohio police shot black man 60 times

No, it is not.

Investigative Detention

Under certain circumstances, police officers can temporarily detain a suspect while the officer conducts a brief investigation to determine if the suspect is involved in criminal activity.

During the investigative detention, the suspect is not free to leave, may be handcuffed for officer safety, and may be frisked (briefly searched) for weapons. This is often referred to as a “Terry stop,” named for the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Terry v. Ohio, that first approved the concept of investigatory detentions.

Ray, just a word of advice. DO NOT go down the rabbit hole with pknopp.
He knows more about the legal system/ criminal justice than you & me & Bootney & miketx put together and he is never, ever wrong.
EVER

There is nothing suspicious about how he was dressed. He explained to the officers why he was dressed like he was. It is very common with people with anxiety issues.

Really? How come I've never heard or seen that before in my life. I know several people with anxiety issues. Again, what do you want the cop to say "Okay, that's all I need to know!" Okay. Now it turns out he was lying, and breaks into a gun store and steals $20,000 of merchandise. If you were the owner of that gun store would you be okay with that?

Swerving across lanes is a traffic violation. Walking home from the store is not.

Then why don't they just write the drunk a ticket and send him on his way?

Ray, just a word of advice. DO NOT go down the rabbit hole with pknopp.
He knows more about the legal system/ criminal justice than you & me & Bootney & miketx put together and he is never, ever wrong.
EVER

The legal system has agreed with my conclusion.

No? They were fired, arrested, charged and now facing trial.

No?

Last time. They have been arrested, charged and are facing trial. Maybe you need to offer your advice to his attorney's?

And you have yet to provide any evidence of that. Even if you did, going to trial doesn't make anybody guilty of anything. This is a dead end case given the autopsy report concluded cause of death undetermined. It could have been anything from natural causes to a severe asthma attack, and yes, he had asthma.

The grand jury indicted the officers but I have yet to read on what grounds.

And you have yet to provide any evidence of that. Even if you did, going to trial doesn't make anybody guilty of anything. This is a dead end case given the autopsy report concluded cause of death undetermined. It could have been anything from natural causes to a severe asthma attack, and yes, he had asthma.

The grand jury indicted the officers but I have yet to read on what grounds.

You are reading.......that's a plus.

You are reading.......that's a plus.

So you still can't come up with anything. What a surprise.

But let me remind you of the standard instructions to a jury: proceed with your decision based on evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. I would say an autopsy report being inconclusive is more than reasonable doubt.

So you still can't come up with anything. What a surprise.

But let me remind you of the standard instructions to a jury: proceed with your decision based on evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. I would say an autopsy report being inconclusive is more than reasonable doubt.

They are facing multiple charges.

Did another one cause himself to get shot or are we still talking about the results of a 1 in 250,000 outcome of a police encounter as if it’s every single day that it happens?

The Akron police department is doing an investigation into this shooting as well as complying with state authorities. The Capital police didn't even look into the matter of one of their own shooting and killing an unarmed female vet. It's been told he had a history of misusing his firearm in the past.
Yeah but black coward killing white former soldier just isn’t hackles raising for lib loons.

So what are they? You don't know and I can't find them. It still doesn't change the jury instructions. They can only vote guilty if they have indisputable evidence.

I'm not too concerned over the specific charges.

after Attorney General Phil Weiser announced the 32-count indictment, which included charges of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide for all five defendants.

Charges filed in death of Elijah McClain, with investigations still unfolding - Colorado Newsline

And then the Feds can step in.

I'll also note where this is another case where the local DA said, nothing wrong here. No problem but then had to be over ruled.

It’s a new form of vote buying to fall all over the place in sorrow when a criminal gets held accountable and make a big production of awarding millions to relatives. Kinda a cash for crash scheme .
These awards need to be investigated and stopped. Pure political posturing and vote buying

It’s a new form of vote buying to fall all over the place in sorrow when a criminal gets held accountable and make a big production of awarding millions to relatives. Kinda a cash for crash scheme .
These awards need to be investigated and stopped. Pure political posturing and vote buying
Yea the cop is never held accountable for his actions the taxpayers have to pick up the tab for his wrongdoing.

20 years ago George Floyd would be what he should be. Unknown.
But then Barry and TDS and the media lapping up both found great mileage in the Feel Bad About Yourself Americans (white). 10 million police encounters per year and 3 or 4 end up with a black miscreant achieving the foreseeable end result of violent criminality and society is supposed to recoil as if this is an unwarranted, every day thing.
Once again. Hoax.

]quote]20 years ago George Floyd would be what he should be. Unknown.
[/QUOTE]
Yea the police would have swept it under the rug 20yrs ago.
But then Barry and TDS and the media lapping up both found great mileage in the Feel Bad About Yourself Americans (white).
Yep them damn video cameras just ruined everything.
10 million police encounters per year and 3 or 4 end up with a black miscreant achieving the foreseeable end result of violent criminality and society is supposed to recoil as if this is an unwarranted, every day thing.
Once again. Hoax.
Yea in the Good Ole Days cops could do whatever they wanted to and black folks couldn't do a damn thing about it. I remember the great days of when policing started with the slave patrols.

Forum List

Back