Ohio bill: Takes more precautions to prevent election fraud. Democrats very upset.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) – From photo ID requirements to rule changes for absentee ballots, the Ohio state legislature is considering changes to Ohio’s voting laws.

Meanwhile, Democratic lawmakers say the changes proposed by Republican lawmakers are unnecessary and designed to suppress votes. Democrats call the proposed legislation the “anti-voter bill.”

“The concerns that we and other voting rights advocates have always had with photo ID is that it can be extremely difficult, particularly the address requirements for students, college students, for young adults for individuals who may have to move frequently,” said state representative Allison Russo D-District 24.

The bill would require voters to request an absentee ballot seven days before the election, instead of the current three, but would allow Ohioans to request a ballot online.

“The former bill said we had to make that deadline 10 days. Now we’re going to make it seven days. I think that still cuts it awful close,” said Seitz.

“Republicans are just now trying to jam House Bill 294 through, hoping no one would notice it. We’re making sure that people notice,” said Rep. Brown.

It would limit the number of drop boxes to one per county, with 24-hour surveillance and require voters to show photo ID, which state representative Seitz addressed in a hearing last month.

The updated version of House Bill 294, that the state senate is reviewing, would require mail-in ballots to arrive by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.

“If their bill gets over here and we pass it, there will no longer be any need for people to use a utility statement, bank statement, etc. because we will be issuing a free photo ID to anybody that wants one, who doesn’t have a driver’s license,” said state representative Bill Seitz R-District 30 in November.

Ow that hurts. Free photo ID so Democrats can't use that worn out excuse that some can't afford an ID. Drivers licenses still allowed as an acceptable form of ID to vote. One drop box per county under surveillance, and your absentee ballot must be there by election day, no later.

Well there you go Democrats. States have the right to set forth their own election rules and regulations. While commie states are taking measures to expand the possibility of voter fraud, we in Ohio are reducing those possibilities which means you will have less chance at winning Ohio if this bill passes.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) – From photo ID requirements to rule changes for absentee ballots, the Ohio state legislature is considering changes to Ohio’s voting laws.

Meanwhile, Democratic lawmakers say the changes proposed by Republican lawmakers are unnecessary and designed to suppress votes. Democrats call the proposed legislation the “anti-voter bill.”

“The concerns that we and other voting rights advocates have always had with photo ID is that it can be extremely difficult, particularly the address requirements for students, college students, for young adults for individuals who may have to move frequently,” said state representative Allison Russo D-District 24.

The bill would require voters to request an absentee ballot seven days before the election, instead of the current three, but would allow Ohioans to request a ballot online.

“The former bill said we had to make that deadline 10 days. Now we’re going to make it seven days. I think that still cuts it awful close,” said Seitz.

“Republicans are just now trying to jam House Bill 294 through, hoping no one would notice it. We’re making sure that people notice,” said Rep. Brown.

It would limit the number of drop boxes to one per county, with 24-hour surveillance and require voters to show photo ID, which state representative Seitz addressed in a hearing last month.

The updated version of House Bill 294, that the state senate is reviewing, would require mail-in ballots to arrive by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.

“If their bill gets over here and we pass it, there will no longer be any need for people to use a utility statement, bank statement, etc. because we will be issuing a free photo ID to anybody that wants one, who doesn’t have a driver’s license,” said state representative Bill Seitz R-District 30 in November.

Ow that hurts. Free photo ID so Democrats can't use that worn out excuse that some can't afford an ID. Drivers licenses still allowed as an acceptable form of ID to vote. One drop box per county under surveillance, and your absentee ballot must be there by election day, no later.

Well there you go Democrats. States have the right to set forth their own election rules and regulations. While commie states are taking measures to expand the possibility of voter fraud, we in Ohio are reducing those possibilities which means you will have less chance at winning Ohio if this bill passes.
I.D. is "repressing" voting but is necessary to cash that welfare check.

I.D. is "repressing" voting but is necessary to cash that welfare check.

I think we should have had it a long time ago, but better late than never. The absentee deadline is what's going to piss them off the most. No ability to mail in ballots last minute in close races. I never cared for the idea of using utility bills as a form of ID to vote. I'm glad they're finally getting rid of that as well.

Ohioans whooped Democrat ass in 2022. Sure, it wasn't a clean sweep like in 2010. But we still whooped Democrat ass.

Ever since Daniel Hausman, Amy Little, and Yolanda Hippensteele got busted in 2008, the Democrats aren't doing so well in Ohio. Ohio isn't even considered to be a swing state anymore.

Sure those voter fraudsters got off with a slap on the wrist, but we gathered tons of intelligence info on the Democratic party's massive voter fraud organization.

Their current use of postmarks seems crazy to me.

I wonder how far off is it until we get voter identification through DNA? That would be my choice.

It's bad enough people are too Fn lazy to vote and we cater to them, but then giving them 10 days after the election to have their ballots counted is ridiculous. If somebody is too lazy to vote, the least they can do is get their ballot in the mailbox on time.

Let's just let the pink elephant out of the room. mail in voting is cheating pure and simple. you will hear every demofk who cheats tell the class that having more than one ballot by a voter is allowed in their world, although they say one person one vote. Hilarious I tell you. Demofk = cheater

Let's just let the pink elephant out of the room. mail in voting is cheating pure and simple. you will hear every demofk who cheats tell the class that having more than one ballot by a voter is allowed in their world, although they say one person one vote. Hilarious I tell you. Demofk = cheater

I don't know how much fraud really goes on, but mail-in attracts the most politically ignorant of our society to vote. Politically ignorant and stupid people vote Democrat. If it were up to me, nobody but those that can't vote in person would be allowed mail-in. You would also have to include a picture of your drivers license/ state ID, and the last four of your SS number on the ballot itself.

It took several weeks for me to get an absentee ballot, fill it out, and return it when I was on active duty.

This is an obvious ploy by the Republicans to make it harder to vote.

As for Voter ID, I have been on this forum since 2011, and no one has ever been able to show me an example of actual voter fraud which could have been stopped by Voter ID.

Voter ID is a hoax. It's theater for the rubes.

If it doesn't stop fraud, then it very obviously is intended to serve another purpose.

It took several weeks for me to get an absentee ballot, fill it out, and return it when I was on active duty.

This is an obvious ploy by the Republicans to make it harder to vote.

As for Voter ID, I have been on this forum since 2011, and no one has ever been able to show me an example of actual voter fraud which could have been stopped by Voter ID.

Voter ID is a hoax. It's theater for the rubes.

If it doesn't stop fraud, then it very obviously is intended to serve another purpose.

Which is as stupid as saying valid ID to buy cigarettes or alcohol is unnecessary because we can't find cases where people tried to buy those items that were underage.

So what other purpose does voter id serve other than making sure the person voting is indeed who they say they are? Read the OP. Free ID to anybody without a drivers license that wants one. It doesn't say for blacks, for Democrats, for Independents. It says for everybody.

Which is as stupid as saying valid ID to buy cigarettes or alcohol is unnecessary because we can't find cases where people tried to buy those items that were underage.
Apples and oranges fallacy.

If you spent ten seconds...you know...THINKING, it should be blazingly obvious to you why in-person voter fraud is so rare.

Voter ID is a hoax.

So what other purpose does voter id serve other than making sure the person voting is indeed who they say they are? Read the OP. Free ID to anybody without a drivers license that wants one. It doesn't say for blacks, for Democrats, for Independents. It says for everybody.
If Voter ID does not stop fraud, then it is obviously intended to make it harder to vote.

21 million Americans don't have an ID.

I find it simply astounding that people claiming to be conservatives go out of their way to demand more government interference in the exercising of our right to vote. To make it more inconvenient.

Simply astounding.

And purchase alcohol, guns, cigarettes, get a fishing or hunting license, drivers license, register a vehicle, and gobs of government red tape shit. Dems are so full of shit!

I really, really wish you tards would take a course in Logic.

But then you would end up no longer listening to your propagandists, and they can't have that!

I really, really wish you tards would take a course in Logic.

But then you would end up no longer listening to your propagandists, and they can't have that!
Shut your pie hole stupid, this Dem double standard utterly destroys the Dem's BS that requiring ID to vote is some kind of voter suppression scheme when Dems require ID to f'ing wipe your own ass.

Shut your pie hole stupid, this Dem double standard utterly destroys the Dem's BS that requiring ID to vote is some kind of voter suppression scheme when Dems require ID to f'ing wipe your own ass.
Ya feeling triggered by the truth, son?

I don't know how much fraud really goes on, but mail-in attracts the most politically ignorant of our society to vote. Politically ignorant and stupid people vote Democrat. If it were up to me, nobody but those that can't vote in person would be allowed mail-in. You would also have to include a picture of your drivers license/ state ID, and the last four of your SS number on the ballot itself.
Look, I truly don't care that ignorant people vote, no way to avoid that. What I will not tolerate is cheating by a person having more than one ballot in their hand. That's fraud. It's fraud yesterday, the day before and any time it's used.

Look, I truly don't care that ignorant people vote, no way to avoid that. What I will not tolerate is cheating by a person having more than one ballot in their hand. That's fraud. It's fraud yesterday, the day before and any time it's used.

I realize you can't stop anybody from voting, but people who generally don't care or know much about politics would stay home on election day if there were no mail-in voting. What would that leave us? A higher percentage of politically intelligent voters. We would have much better leadership if that were the case, even though it would be a huge disadvantage to the Democrat party.

I realize you can't stop anybody from voting, but people who generally don't care or know much about politics would stay home on election day if there were no mail-in voting. What would that leave us? A higher percentage of politically intelligent voters. We would have much better leadership if that were the case, even though it would be a huge disadvantage to the Democrat party.
I don't disagree, but I can't argue that point. My honor doesn't allow it. Now if it's decided in person only, it accomplishes that for us.

Those damned vote suppressors.

Forum List

Back