Official USMB Nov. 2022 Election Day Thread.

Just reading that about 200 Michigan Republicans ballots were coopted and they were being told they had already voted when they showed up to vote. SSDD... This is just ludicrous.... And they say there is no election fraud.... Looking for a more reliable site and confirmation...

Where's your source?

Well on Twitter at least two claimed to be a Republican. But said they were insulted by this and Stacy Abrams 'may be right' or some such. Their profile pages didn't look very Republican to me though. I suspect they redid their profiles just for today.

Possibly RINOS then.

Hearing people gripe in Georgia about having to wait in line for an hour to vote and nobody gave them food or water or a place to sit down. Back when EVERYBODY voted on election day I never once excepted to be provided anything other than that place in line. And I have waited more than two hours to vote and there were no complaints about voter suppression or anything else. For Pete's sake, if you need food or water bring it with you. Wear a coat. Bring one of those folding portable chairs in a sack. What wimps some of these people are!!!
As somebody who has been an election clerk/inspector in California, I don't think I ever worked a precinct that had more than a half-hour wait.

The ones that clog up the wait time are the ill-prepared who are deciding their ballot at the polling booth, taking a half-hour to vote instead of having their sample ballot pre-marked and ready to go.

Voting machines are of course a different matter and confuses many people. But most of our voters used paper ballots. They could request the machine if they desired or needed to (e.g., blind voters).

As somebody who has been an election clerk/inspector in California, I don't think I ever worked a precinct that had more than a half-hour wait.

The ones that clog up the wait time are the ill-prepared who are deciding their ballot at the polling booth, taking a half-hour to vote instead of having their sample ballot pre-marked and ready to go.

Voting machines are of course a different matter and confuses many people. But most of our voters used paper ballots. They could request the machine if they desired or needed to (e.g., blind voters).
Georgia does use paper ballots. I strongly support that as any time you introduce a machine to tabulate votes, nobody has any way to know if the machine recorded their vote or if it recorded it in the way they voted. Nor can poll watchers know.

I'm beginning to think there should be two ballots provided when we vote in general elections: One will have the federal elective offices on it only. Nothing else. The other will have all the state and local stuff.

The federal offices can be counted first and can be counted very quickly by hand and there is no reason not to have the results within a few hours anywhere.

Last edited:
Georgia does use paper ballots. I strongly support that as any time you introduce a machine to tabulate votes, nobody has any way to know if the machine recorded their vote or if it recorded it in the way they voted. Nor can poll watchers know.

I'm beginning to think there should be two ballots provided when we vote in general elections: One will have the federal elective offices on it only. Nothing else. The other will have all the state and local stuff.

The federal offices can be counted first and can be counted very quickly and there is no reason not to have the results within a few hours anywhere.
Debra Bowen, a Democrat, was the California Secretary of State from 2007-2015. She made the move to keep the paper ballots instead of pushing voting machines on the voters, which I agreed with. The only reason we still have the voting machines is for ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance.

And here we go. Our democracy falling apart in real time.

FhEDtziXgAAErzI

Debra Bowen, a Democrat, was the California Secretary of State from 2007-2015. She made the move to keep the paper ballots instead of pushing voting machines on the voters, which I agreed with. The only reason we still have the voting machines is for ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance.
Why would voting machines be easier for people with disabilities to use than paper ballots? Looks like it would be the other way around.

Why would voting machines be easier for people with disabilities to use than paper ballots? Looks like it would be the other way around.
Blind people can use the audio-reading that the machine provides. We had one blind voter regular that knew his way around the machine. Other poor-sighted people might benefit from larger type. Perhaps an illiterate person could also use the audio feature on the machine.

Blind people can use the audio-reading that the machine provides. We had one blind voter regular that knew his way around the machine. Other poor-sighted people might benefit from larger type. Perhaps an illiterate person could also use the audio feature on the machine.
Or for the tiny number of people who need that kind of help, a poll worker could read the ballot for them and help them mark it like they used to do. Or a trusted friend or relative could be allowed to accompany them to the booth to do that. They certainly did not drive themselves to the polls.

Yep. And of course that also slows down the voting process.
Our early voting place we always go to has about 50 stations where people can fill out the paper ballot all at the same time. If one or two of those were occupied by people helping the handicapped, it wouldn't slow down things much if at all.

SO, Hobbs sends out the data file for the voting machines with corrupt code to stifle republican votes. I hope there is a fast forensic analysis of this crap. This reeks of desperation by Hobbs... Criminal acts. we need to know fast if she is committing them.
To be fair we don't know that. It could be pure coincidence and will be rectified honestly.

But it's damn sure fair game to be watching and suspicious.

Forum List

Back