Official theDoctorisIn 2016 Prediction thread.

Cruz got many of the evangelical voters in Iowa , You may be right about Rubio.

Hillary will win as the first woman president. The republicans know it, because they are bringing out all of their guns against her and leaving Bernie alone..we may see a change in that now.

Sorry to say my fellow Americans ...Hillary will have to get matching White house pantsuits....o_O

Came back to add this : I am starting to like Bernie :flameth:Feel the Bern~
but I still feel Hillary will beat him..

Last edited:
Iowa is not an indication of Sanders' popularity, it's an indication that the Iowa caucuses are non-representative of democrats Nation-wide, particularly given the process of participants standing in groups in high school gyms.

NH is likewise irrelevant this year because Sanders is from Vermont.

Consider the 'SEC' primaries, Super Tuesday, the South, Mountain West, primaries in states such as Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, and New York – again, clearly Clinton will be the nominee.

I still don't know what to think about the general. The Dems have a significant electoral math advantage out the gate, but at this point both possible Dem candidates have significant factors working against them as well - Bernie bring old and crazy, and Hillary being generally disliked by many Americans.

I'm not ready to make any predictions there.

If Iowa is any indication of Sanders popularity, and we see this same kind of neck and neck race to the convention, I predict the super delegates will ensure Hillary is the nominee.
I saw this on the news that the old delegates will make it a win between Bernie and Hillary,,

I still don't know what to think about the general. The Dems have a significant electoral math advantage out the gate, but at this point both possible Dem candidates have significant factors working against them as well - Bernie bring old and crazy, and Hillary being generally disliked by many Americans.

If Iowa is any indication of Sanders popularity, and we see this same kind of neck and neck race to the convention, I predict the super delegates will ensure Hillary is the nominee.
I saw this on the news that the old delegates will make it a win between Bernie and Hillary,,

Hillary represents the Democrat establishment and Bernie was until recently an independent who caucused with the Democrats. The establishment provides the super delegates whose role it is to ensure that the best candidate to win the general election, as they perceive, is nominated despite what the electorate may want - not only to secure power for the party but to protect the party.

Hillary represents the Democrat establishment and Bernie was until recently an independent who caucused with the Democrats. The establishment provides the super delegates whose role it is to ensure that the best candidate to win the general election, as they perceive, is nominated despite what the electorate may want - not only to secure power for the party but to protect the party.
It sounds more like an authoritarian election like in Cuba than a democratic election. Protecting the party and fuck the people, who cares, huh?

Whenever I'm right about something, I like to be able to prove it to people.

So I've decided to start a thread to do just that. Any other posters are welcome to use this thread to make their own predictions as well.

I'm going to start with this - today is Feb 1st - the day of the Iowa caucuses - and with those results, I will make my prediction for who will end up being the GOP nominee:

Marco Rubio

I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while.

If I'm wrong - which is, of course, a possibility however so slight - anyone is welcome to use this thread to mock me at some later point.

i would take rubio over cruz

Whenever I'm right about something, I like to be able to prove it to people.

So I've decided to start a thread to do just that. Any other posters are welcome to use this thread to make their own predictions as well.

I'm going to start with this - today is Feb 1st - the day of the Iowa caucuses - and with those results, I will make my prediction for who will end up being the GOP nominee:

Marco Rubio

I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while.

If I'm wrong - which is, of course, a possibility however so slight - anyone is welcome to use this thread to mock me at some later point.

I agree

Rubio is the only republican who can win swing states and his youth and energy is a good contrast to Hillary

It is only a matter of time before the real Republicans tell the batshit crazy part of the party to sit down and shut up

I look for Rubio to kick it into gear once the Primaries move from the red states where batshit crazy rules to blue and swing states

Too early to tell. The next week will be revealing as to trends and strategies. Ironically, Rubio seems younger than Cruz, and Hillary seems older than Bernie. Interesting choices to be made.

Too early to tell. The next week will be revealing as to trends and strategies. Ironically, Rubio seems younger than Cruz, and Hillary seems older than Bernie. Interesting choices to be made.
Rubio's baby face is hurting him big time. Everytime I see him, I have to keep reminding myself he's actually 40 something. Maybe a little facial hair and a more tousled hair style would help.

Hey Doc....I'm curious about your thoughts on this.

The Iowa Primary May Predict Bad Tidings for Democrats in 2016

Personally, I think it is WAY too early to pick a winner. We've had one caucus (not a primary!) that represents roughly 1% of the available delegates.

Rubio has a path to the nomination, but it is not going to be easy.

He will need all of the other "establishment" candidates (Kasich, Bush, Christie, etc..) to drop out, and very soon. I don't see that happening until after Super Tuesday, and it may be too late by then.

Remember the old adage: Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire picks Presidents.

:thup:

Rubio's baby face is hurting him big time. Everytime I see him, I have to keep reminding myself he's actually 40 something. Maybe a little facial hair and a more tousled hair style would help.
Maybe if he used a walker

Personally, I think it is WAY too early to pick a winner. We've had one caucus (not a primary!) that represents roughly 1% of the available delegates.

Rubio has a path to the nomination, but it is not going to be easy.

He will need all of the other "establishment" candidates (Kasich, Bush, Christie, etc..) to drop out, and very soon. I don't see that happening until after Super Tuesday, and it may be too late by then.

Remember the old adage: Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire picks Presidents.

:thup:
Agree. Iowa is overrated
So is New Hampshire

What they do is weed out all those vanity candidates

It sounds more like an authoritarian election like in Cuba than a democratic election. Protecting the party and fuck the people, who cares, huh?

I agree for the most part. The super delegates couldn't completely disregard the electorate by overturning a large majority, but they can sway close races for the nomination. In one sense I can understand them wanting to protect the party: Bernie was an independent until only very recently.

Forum List

Back