Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

So, comparing the numbers in a snapshot of the flu and covid-19 is obviously painfully stupid. There is a reason the global scientific community is taking this more seriously than the flu. If anyone hear is scratching their heads wondering why that is (scroll up for a demonstration), or wondering why a bunch of uneducated slobs can't just intuitively figure this out for themselves (same, scroll up), I suggest you do what rational, functioning adults do and go read up.
4000 a month are dying from the flu and 900 a month with corona. Again friend, your lack of logic, cause you left it at the door, isn't with you on this one. 4000 is greater than 900. Now, feel free to challenge that.
And 46,000 die of heart disease every day each, 27,000 from cancer, and 600 to 1200 from Flu when averaged over a 5 year period. There relevance to fight to stop covid 19 is exactly Zero for two reasons.

First, deaths from Flu, cancer, and heart disease may vary from year to year but averaged over a 10 year period, death rates are pretty stable. The deaths from Covid 19 is doubling approximately every 6 days. At that rate, the 21,000 current deaths would increase in just 90 days to surpass that of the Flu, heart disease, and cancer.

Secondly, compared to the Flu or other diseases I mention, we know practically nothing about Covid 19. We don't know if people will recover with long term immunity, or whether they will have serious complications. We don't know if or when a vaccine or effective antivirals will become available. Finally, just about everything we think we know about transmission has not verified.

Ignoring the rapid increase in the number of cases and deaths and believing the cornavirus is not worth fighting simply because the death rate has not reached that of other diseases is downright stupid.

So we default to what we are now which is not sustainable.

There are other options besides this and ignorning it.
We stick with the plan of isolation which has worked for centuries in fighting epidemics and has worked in China and South Korea and seems to be working in Italy. The current situation is not likely to last more than month or two. When the number of new cases start falling, the governors will start loosening the restrictions in their state, the market will start recovering and the economy will recover.

However, if we throw the towel in and abandon the current restrictions, the cases will increase at a faster rate, hospitals will be overloaded, and any economic recovery will be short lived. In short, we finish what we have started.

Stop with the abandon and throw in the towel horseshit.

I am going to ask you because other left wingers won't answer. Do you believe someone can hold a church service, take precautions (a whole list of them) and still prevent the spread of the disease ?

Can I go to my office (take all kinds of precautions) and still prevent the spread of the diesease ?

It is a simple question.
Sure provided everyone maintained a distance of 6 foot separation, avoided coming to work or church if they were ill or exposed to the virus. However, you and I know that is not going to happen because that is not how we work nor how worship. Even if 99 out of a hundred follow the rules, it only takes one person to spread the virus to many people. One person in South Korea, identified as patient 31 transmitted the virus to over 1,100 people as she went about her life.

You and I don't know anything. If the protocols are in place, then it should be doable.

There is no "isolation or nothing". There is plenty of inbetween.

If others are protected, how will someone spread it to them ?

Case 31 wasn't aware of her situation.

I unwilling to admit we can't do this.

And BTW: We still have people going to WalMart...picking up fast food, and doing other things that could still get them sick.
Given the literal mountain of idiotic and false shit you have said about all this, I definitely would not trust you to be in the same building as me. You cannot be trusted and are an example of why we need enforced lockdowns.

And now the bad news.
We are now number one in the world for recorded Coronavirus infections, having now passed both Italy and China. We were already first in active cases.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA81,996+13,7851,177+1501,86478,9552,1122484
China81,285+673,287+674,0513,9471,235562
Italy80,589+6,2038,215+71210,36162,0133,6121,333136
Spain56,347+6,8324,154+5077,01545,1783,1661,20589
Germany43,646+6,323262+565,67337,711235213
Iran29,406+2,3892,234+15710,45716,7152,74635027
France29,155+3,9221,696+3654,94822,5113,37544726
Switzerland11,811+914191+3813111,4891411,36522
UK11,658+2,129578+11513510,9451631729
And our death rate is FAR LOWER!

Lower than it was, that's for sure. Noted that earlier today when our #Recovered finally outpaced #Dead.

And that's a good thing. Doesn't pull us out of the fire but it gives us something to grab onto.

So, comparing the numbers in a snapshot of the flu and covid-19 is obviously painfully stupid. There is a reason the global scientific community is taking this more seriously than the flu. If anyone hear is scratching their heads wondering why that is (scroll up for a demonstration), or wondering why a bunch of uneducated slobs can't just intuitively figure this out for themselves (same, scroll up), I suggest you do what rational, functioning adults do and go read up.
4000 a month are dying from the flu and 900 a month with corona. Again friend, your lack of logic, cause you left it at the door, isn't with you on this one. 4000 is greater than 900. Now, feel free to challenge that.
And 46,000 die of heart disease every day each, 27,000 from cancer, and 600 to 1200 from Flu when averaged over a 5 year period. There relevance to fight to stop covid 19 is exactly Zero for two reasons.

First, deaths from Flu, cancer, and heart disease may vary from year to year but averaged over a 10 year period, death rates are pretty stable. The deaths from Covid 19 is doubling approximately every 6 days. At that rate, the 21,000 current deaths would increase in just 90 days to surpass that of the Flu, heart disease, and cancer.

Secondly, compared to the Flu or other diseases I mention, we know practically nothing about Covid 19. We don't know if people will recover with long term immunity, or whether they will have serious complications. We don't know if or when a vaccine or effective antivirals will become available. Finally, just about everything we think we know about transmission has not verified.

Ignoring the rapid increase in the number of cases and deaths and believing the cornavirus is not worth fighting simply because the death rate has not reached that of other diseases is downright stupid.

We stick with the plan of isolation which has worked for centuries in fighting epidemics and has worked in China and South Korea and seems to be working in Italy. The current situation is not likely to last more than month or two. When the number of new cases start falling, the governors will start loosening the restrictions in their state, the market will start recovering and the economy will recover.

However, if we throw the towel in and abandon the current restrictions, the cases will increase at a faster rate, hospitals will be overloaded, and any economic recovery will be short lived. In short, we finish what we have started.

I am going to ask you because other left wingers won't answer. Do you believe someone can hold a church service, take precautions (a whole list of them) and still prevent the spread of the disease ?

Can I go to my office (take all kinds of precautions) and still prevent the spread of the diesease ?

It is a simple question.
Sure provided everyone maintained a distance of 6 foot separation, avoided coming to work or church if they were ill or exposed to the virus. However, you and I know that is not going to happen because that is not how we work nor how worship. Even if 99 out of a hundred follow the rules, it only takes one person to spread the virus to many people. One person in South Korea, identified as patient 31 transmitted the virus to over 1,100 people as she went about her life.

You and I don't know anything. If the protocols are in place, then it should be doable.

And BTW: We still have people going to WalMart...picking up fast food, and doing other things that could still get them sick.
Given the literal mountain of idiotic and false shit you have said about all this, I definitely would not trust you to be in the same building as me. You cannot be trusted and are an example of why we need enforced lockdowns.

What would like be like without a board moron like yourself.

Of course you'll quote the "false shit" I've said......or not since you seem to (laughably) think people actually accept the turds you post.
And thank you for showing how you are so in love with the state.

Not a surprised given you very low I.Q.

You need someone to tell you when to piss.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Just a thought. It’s a really good graphic representation of what’s going on.

We are at 5500 infected and 125 dead....officially from China, so it’s likely more.
projected spread of corona by august
corona spread projection.jpg

Last edited:

It is a simple question.

What would like be like without a board moron like yourself.

Of course you'll quote the "false shit" I've said......or not since you seem to (laughably) think people actually accept the turds you post.
And thank you for showing how you are so in love with the state.

Not a surprised given you very low I.Q.

You need someone to tell you when to piss.
he will drink jim jones koolaid even when he knows it contains poison. funny shit

We are at 5500 infected and 125 dead....officially from China, so it’s likely more.
project spread of corona by august
View attachment 315750

Cut Bank Montana lookin' pretty good.

What's the white square in eastern Oregon? Indian reservation?
yea, the lowly populated areas are the safest, hopefully it will not be very bad

Comparing the number of cases without reference the size of the population is meaningless.
No. Again, that is stupid and wrong.

If you were to plot expected cases based on R0, or try to determine R0 from the data on the number of cases, at no point would you need the population number of the country.
Try to pay attention. The conversation was about comparing the numbers between two countries, Iran and the US and the numbers are meaningless in that regard without also looking at the size of the populations in those two countries. To compare how bad the outbreak is the relevant statistics are infections per capita or deaths per capita, etc.

Now you're talking about TIME, and that's logical-- RATES in a given period. To that end, a quick glance at the latest stats shows the US has reported five times more cases in the last 24h period that Iran has, and our proportion of the population infected is now 73, compared to Iran's which is 245, But the TIME factor reminds us that just a week ago that number of 73 was SIX, so it's grown more than twelvefold. In a week.

As a matter of perspective, not only have we accrued infection numbers well past Iran's but we've eclipsed Germany as well and are barely behind Spain. The only countries above there are China and Italy. A week ago (or whatever period you like, a day, a fortnight etc) we were nowhere near that position.
Soon, AMERICA FIRST?
check

The number of new cases has been hard to watch.

Luckily the deaths aren't too bad, yet. This looks like it could get way worse.
Trump was told the deaths could reach 2 million and he declared a national emergency then the stock market fell and he decide it was time for everybody to go back to work.

Just now....

She just stated what I've been saying since the Diamond Princess.

Either (1) R0 is wrong (e.g. as I've postulated, perhaps -- likely -- a trinominal) or (2) the virus has a very high silent attack rate, was here for months before we knew it, and the cases it generated were in the noise of ordinary flu with negative tests, which are endemic every year.

Or both.

Literally since Diamond Princess was quarantined I've stated one or both had to be true. I've pointed it out every single day in podcasts and Tickers. It was obvious from the experience on the ship. It was also obvious when Wuhan unlocked and didn't have an instant explosion in new cases. It was obvious when South Korea was able to get the virus under control. It was obvious when Japan didn't instantly detonate when they didn't lock anything down.

Sweet Jesus... now Birx has flipped, along with Fauci.

WE SHUT DOWN THE NATION WITHOUT EVIDENCE AND WE STILL HAVE GRANDSTANDING MAYORS AND GOVERNORS TRYING TO OUT-STUPID EACH OTHER!

Yes, this bug is bad, especially if you're already medically compromised. But then again so is pneumonia from any source in such an individual, and the "regular" flu nails plenty of people with those sorts of conditions all the time -- to the tune of tens of thousands of people a year in the United States.

So what -- you mean when your chief scary model dude says "aw ****, whack a few zeros -- like three -- off my prognosticated death rate" you might have a problem trying to continue defending destroying the economy on purpose?

GO BACK TO WORK NOW.

As for both Fauci and Birx, neither of whom has apologized for making statements and setting policy that has likely destroyed a quarter to a half of all small-business restaurants and bars, which will never re-open, while notching three million unemployed in the last week alone and ruining pension and retirement accounts that millions of people rely on?

RizpUeI_.jpeg

Gay nurse dead and no med gear in gotham they're using trash bags ....my bestest bud in great neck said in queens Elmhurst is overrun

It used to be praised as one of the planets greatest public hospitals for the poor n down trodden ....as I kid I wound up there in the er with a broken arm ...simply cause I was close to it ...I always was amazed how big it was

Last edited:
Lower than it was, that's for sure. Noted that earlier today when our #Recovered finally outpaced #Dead.

And that's a good thing. Doesn't pull us out of the fire but it gives us something to grab onto.

What does it give to grab onto? The recovered could get it again. This respiratory virus cannot be beaten by recovery. We need a vaccine and that is still some time away. A successful testing or breakthrough is needed for something to grab onto. Until then, we need to either make better our quarantine and sanitation (to a degree) in order to make progress and get out numbers down. That would be flattening the curve and give us something to grab onto.

The way it is now, the number of deaths will be really high. We are no different from Italy and Spain. The guy I know has lessened his bragging about Germany, as many more people have died in Eureopean countries, but he knows Germany has fought this virus well compared to other countries in Europe. I'm not sure what country we can compare to.

WuhanFlu in a nutshell

I'm with Bill Gates I think we should stay hunkered
down to be on the safe side because the virus keeps
mutating. I think we should be safe instead of sorry.

It's Not "Just The Flu"
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:05 a.m. by Tom King
Some insight from Kat Storti for those who continue to say..."It's just the flu".
"Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...
It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.
Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.
Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.
Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..
H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.
Fast forward.
Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”
This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.
And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..
That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.
We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.
Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...
And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.
Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.
#flattenthecurve . Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. "-Kat Storti

The number of new cases has been hard to watch.

Luckily the deaths aren't too bad, yet. This looks like it could get way worse.
Trump was told the deaths could reach 2 million and he declared a national emergency then the stock market fell and he decide it was time for everybody to go back to work.

Whoever said two million was irresponsible.

They may have a predictive model, but they don't have enough info yet to really run it well.

What does it give to grab onto? The recovered could get it again. This respiratory virus cannot be beaten by recovery. We need a vaccine and that is still some time away. A successful testing or breakthrough is needed for something to grab onto. Until then, we need to either make better our quarantine and sanitation (to a degree) in order to make progress and get out numbers down. That would be flattening the curve and give us something to grab onto.

The way it is now, the number of deaths will be really high. We are no different from Italy and Spain. The guy I know has lessened his bragging about Germany, as many more people have died in Eureopean countries, but he knows Germany has fought this virus well compared to other countries in Europe. I'm not sure what country we can compare to.

I simply meant it's a small sign of progress, that we're finally in the realm of more recovered than dead. Mostly it means we've had enough TIME that recoveries are mounting. Doesn't get us out of the woods or give us reason to unlax, but it's a start.

View attachment 315750

yea, the lowly populated areas are the safest, hopefully it will not be very bad

I know but why is there a stark white clearly-defined white box surrounded by red?

Where did you get this map?

View attachment 315750

I know but why is there a stark white clearly-defined white box surrounded by red?

new York times, they got it from Columbia u, it is on the bottom of the picture

View attachment 315750

new York times, they got it from Columbia u, it is on the bottom of the picture

Is there a link for it?

Forum List

Back