Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

As of end of day Eastern Time United States March 24, 2020:

Infection Totals by Country:

1. China - 81,218
2. Italy - 69,176
3. United States - 54,916
4. Spain - 42,058
5. Germany - 32,991
6. France - 22,304
7. Japan - 1,193

Infection Totals by U.S. State:

1. New York - 26,348
2. New Jersey - 3,675
3. California - 2,617
4. Washington - 2,469
5. Florida - 1,467
6. Pennsylvania - 851
7. West Virginia - 20

Dude you have worked yourself into a right frenzied lather here.

Just basic facts. Here is the link:

Here is a fact:

The first known outbreak occurred in early December of 2019 and the spread was not fully understood until late December of 2019 to early January of 2020.

So now when you take that into account you realize the amount of people that have been infected and not tested around the World is higher than the confirm cases should tell you a lot more but my bet you will lie and deny this and why?

If you know there were more cases that were not caught because people were misdiagnosed or were asymptomatic then you would realize the fatality rate of the virus is lower than the number those like you use, and you can not have that happen in a election because if the number is lower it mean the virus is not as deadly as first thought but just very contagious...

I know you and the left will dispute what I wrote and later claim you were going off the misleading data to support your hysteria but if you had any sense in that head of yours you would know many have been infected and either got over it or are asymptomatic while never being tested!

I'm a Republican, a Bush/McCain Republican.

You can't know what the exact death rate is until you have a large volume of testing. Trump sat on his hands in January and February when it came to ramping up testing. When you don't know what the true death rate is, from a policy perspective, you MUST assume the worse. To do anything less would be grossly negligent and irresponsible.

The United States is NOW the epicenter of the pandemic with over 85,000 cases, more than any country on the planet. The United States had its first confirmed case on January 19, 2020. If the United States had closely followed Chinese lockdown procedures in January and February, we'd only have maybe a 1,000 cases at best, kind of like Japan that only has 1,387 cases. The United States had a head start in fighting this pandemic and Trump failed to take it.

The factoid that illustrates Trump's failure is Japan's confirmed cases compared to United States confirmed cases:
CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS:
United States: 85,906

Japan: 1,387

Japan is 27 times larger, in population, than the State of Louisiana, but only has half as many cases of the virus as Louisiana.

The United States could have been like Japan, but Trump failed to act in January and February.

Pangolin in a tree
Pangolins are the most illegally traded animal in the world, and used in traditional Chinese medicine

Xiang is "convinced" of the link between the coronavirus and pangolins, as was suggested by a study from South China Agricultural University researchers in early February, who studied more than 1,000 samples from wild animals.

Xiang says the evidence for those claims actually "already exists" in a paper from October 2019, which published genome sequences of sick pangolins smuggled from Malaysia to China, finding evidence of coronaviruses.

This latest novel coronavirus could likely be "a hybrid of two very similar coronaviruses" as suggested in another recent paper, Xiang says.

"The virus was probably unable to infect humans directly through bats, so it had to go through an intermediate animal to further mutate in order to infect humans," Xiang told DW.

Humans defense mechanisms keep us safe — mostly

While the devastation of such outbreaks is difficult to predict, Stuart Neil, head of virology at King's College London, says "in the grand scheme of things," events like this "don't happen very often."

"We're probably exposed to these viruses from other species much more often than we get transfers of new viruses from animals and these sustained epidemics," he told DW.

The reason for that, Neil says, is "due to our intrinsic defensive mechanisms." There is no such thing as an inherently deadly virus, he points out, because what may be harmless to one species, as shown by the numerous coronaviruses that circulate in bats, may be deadly to another.

"It's entirely dependent on the defense mechanisms of the host species and whether they can live in harmony with a virus or not."

Such epidemics are becoming more likely, though, as humans increasingly encroach on the habitats of wild animals, he warns, saying that "humans are exposed to these viruses because of how they behave and interact with animals."

I saw something a skosh different as to the cause on 60 Mins Australia. Worth re-watching.

Pangolin in a tree
Pangolins are the most illegally traded animal in the world, and used in traditional Chinese medicine

Xiang is "convinced" of the link between the coronavirus and pangolins, as was suggested by a study from South China Agricultural University researchers in early February, who studied more than 1,000 samples from wild animals.

Xiang says the evidence for those claims actually "already exists" in a paper from October 2019, which published genome sequences of sick pangolins smuggled from Malaysia to China, finding evidence of coronaviruses.

This latest novel coronavirus could likely be "a hybrid of two very similar coronaviruses" as suggested in another recent paper, Xiang says.

"The virus was probably unable to infect humans directly through bats, so it had to go through an intermediate animal to further mutate in order to infect humans," Xiang told DW.

While the devastation of such outbreaks is difficult to predict, Stuart Neil, head of virology at King's College London, says "in the grand scheme of things," events like this "don't happen very often."

"We're probably exposed to these viruses from other species much more often than we get transfers of new viruses from animals and these sustained epidemics," he told DW.

The reason for that, Neil says, is "due to our intrinsic defensive mechanisms." There is no such thing as an inherently deadly virus, he points out, because what may be harmless to one species, as shown by the numerous coronaviruses that circulate in bats, may be deadly to another.

"It's entirely dependent on the defense mechanisms of the host species and whether they can live in harmony with a virus or not."

Such epidemics are becoming more likely, though, as humans increasingly encroach on the habitats of wild animals, he warns, saying that "humans are exposed to these viruses because of how they behave and interact with animals."

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-from-bats-to-pangolins-how-do-viruses-reach-us/a- 52291570

I saw something a skosh different as to the cause on 60 Mins Australia. Worth re-watching.

Here's something similar: I couldn't get over people in flip flops strolling nonchalantly around through blood, urine, excrement.

And now the bad news.
We are now number one in the world for recorded Coronavirus infections, having now passed both Italy and China. We were already first in active cases.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA81,996+13,7851,177+1501,86478,9552,1122484
China81,285+673,287+674,0513,9471,235562
Italy80,589+6,2038,215+71210,36162,0133,6121,333136
Spain56,347+6,8324,154+5077,01545,1783,1661,20589
Germany43,646+6,323262+565,67337,711235213
Iran29,406+2,3892,234+15710,45716,7152,74635027
France29,155+3,9221,696+3654,94822,5113,37544726
Switzerland11,811+914191+3813111,4891411,36522
UK11,658+2,129578+11513510,9451631729

Are you finally happy that we're number one? Popped that bottle yet?

Go forth and fuck yourself long time.

The fact is, you were cheering when we reached fourth, then celebrated when we became third, now you're playing innocent like it never happened, and shedding crocodile tears while rubbing your hands because you hope all this is going to hurt Trump. You're happy SOB because Americans are dying, while praising China and their propaganda.

Actually the fact is that you're an asshole troll who's had his lying ass whupped by me on other topics, so you're slinking in here making shit up out of your own butthurt. Go git chew some butthurt cream, get into the habit of knowing at least something of what your'e talking about before you embarrass yourself, and get the fuck out of my sight.

Fact that, troll. :fu:

The fact is, you were cheering when we reached fourth, then celebrated when we became third, now you're playing innocent like it never happened, and shedding crocodile tears while rubbing your hands because you hope all this is going to hurt Trump. You're happy SOB because Americans are dying, while praising China and their propaganda.

Actually the fact is that you're an asshole troll who's had his lying ass whupped by me on other topics, so you're slinking in here making shit up out of your own butthurt. Go git chew some butthurt cream, get into the habit of knowing at least something of what your'e talking about before you embarrass yourself, and get the fuck out of my sight.

Making shit up? Let's see...

US now has 24,325 active cases of COVID-19, more than any country in the world except Italy.
WE'RE NUMBER FOUR! WE'RE NUMBER FOUR!

Those are the facts. These are some of your posts. You were announcing and moving up a graphs while rooting for it.
Just as you were praising Chinese and their methods, while spitting on ours. Or you gonna deny that too?

Here's something similar: I couldn't get over people in flip flops strolling nonchalantly around through blood, urine, excrement.

We're not used to seeing wild animal markets because our society hides the meat market and slaughter from us. It would be shocking to our senses to see our pets being slaughtered for food in front of us, but we aren't that much different. I'm not sure which is more inhumane or cruel to the animals. Now, China is cracking down on these markets due to coronavirus. I think it was due to the illegal market and the stress those animals were under. They were shipped from around the world to a few wet markets and then caged in crowded quarters. Then it got to the people who butcher them. There's also the seafood market story, but I'm not as familiar with that story.

US now has 24,325 active cases of COVID-19, more than any country in the world except Italy.

Those are the facts. These are some of your posts. You were announcing and moving up a graphs while rooting for it.
Just as you were praising Chinese and their methods, while spitting on ours. Or you gonna deny that too?

YES, MAKING SHIT UP EXACTLY. Thanks for the documentation.

The fact that you can't understand sarcasm when you see it is a function of your inferior intelligence.
Stay stupid, Stupid.

We're not used to seeing wild animal markets because our society hides the meat market and slaughter from us. It would be shocking to our senses to see our pets being slaughtered for food in front of us, but we aren't that much different. I'm not sure which is more inhumane or cruel to the animals. Now, China is cracking down on these markets due to coronavirus. I think it was due to the illegal market and the stress those animals were under. They were shipped from around the world to a few wet markets and then caged in crowded quarters. Then it got to the people who butcher them. There's also the seafood market story, but I'm not as familiar with that story.

The standards of hygiene were appalling.

Damnit. Our cruise ship is farked.

"U.S. Navy and Marine Corps service members in Guam were ordered on Wednesday to break their own quarantine to set up makeshift shelters for U.S. troops coming off a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, where an outbreak of the novel coronavirus is rapidly spreading within the hulls of the ship.

Some of the U.S. troops at Naval Base Guam, located on the western side of the U.S. territory at Apra Harbor, were assembled into 100-man working parties to begin transforming some of the base’s facilities into temporary quarantine shelters for some of the 5,000 service members arriving from the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, a naval vessel where COVID-19 is spreading. "

Six days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Four days ago:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Three days ago:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Two days ago:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Yesterday:

c-19-March-26.jpg

Today:

c-19-march-27.jpg

The number of new cases has been hard to watch.

Luckily the deaths aren't too bad, yet. This looks like it could get way worse.
Trump was told the deaths could reach 2 million and he declared a national emergency then the stock market fell and he decide it was time for everybody to go back to work.

Whoever said two million was irresponsible.

They may have a predictive model, but they don't have enough info yet to really run it well.
No sure what a predictive model might look like when you are dealing with a highly contagious virus that can be spread by people with mild or no symptoms at all. Couple that with a test that scientists are questioning the accuracy and your predictive model may well be a little short of an educated guess. In South Korea, a women going about her daily life, exposed over a 1000 people to the virus and infected hundreds.

View attachment 315658
but this changes with more testing
USA tied for 2nd lowest death rate per million population: 3
Roughly a .03% chance for any person in the USA to die from this and not the bullshit 1.2-1.5% mortality rates you have seen deliberately erroneously thrown around by the panic inducing America haters

Last edited:

The fact that you can't understand sarcasm when you see it is a function of your inferior intelligence.
Stay stupid, Stupid.
Sarcasm, right.

Few days ago you were cheering how we're climbing to top spot and praising Chinese on great jobs they're doing, despite of them being months ahead of us with their outbreak.

Don't worry, lefties, what you're doing is not unexpected from you and your sort. We knew it would happen, cause that's what you do, it's in your nature.

Pangolin in a tree

speaking of Australia, anyone know that old Tommy Hanks and his wife are out of isolation and cured? And nothing from them. Just the pronouncement of them having it and then they disappeared, instead of closing their attention of their fate that hey, it wasn't too bad. Never had any symptoms. disingenuous, every mthr fking leftist. always and often.

Stay stupid, Stupid.
Sarcasm, right.

Few days ago you were cheering how we're climbing to top spot and praising Chinese on great jobs they're doing, despite of them being months ahead of us with their outbreak.

Don't worry, lefties, what you're doing is not unexpected from you and your sort. We knew it would happen, cause that's what you do, it's in your nature.

I'm trying right now to remember the last time you posted a single goddam thing that was on-topic, productive, informative, or simply not trolling or purveying bullshit.

I'm not coming up with a goddam thing.

Onto Ignore you go, where you can fuck yourself all you like. Poof goes the poofter.

And now the bad news.
We are now number one in the world for recorded Coronavirus infections, having now passed both Italy and China. We were already first in active cases.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA81,996+13,7851,177+1501,86478,9552,1122484
China81,285+673,287+674,0513,9471,235562
Italy80,589+6,2038,215+71210,36162,0133,6121,333136
Spain56,347+6,8324,154+5077,01545,1783,1661,20589
Germany43,646+6,323262+565,67337,711235213
Iran29,406+2,3892,234+15710,45716,7152,74635027
France29,155+3,9221,696+3654,94822,5113,37544726
Switzerland11,811+914191+3813111,4891411,36522
UK11,658+2,129578+11513510,9451631729

Are you finally happy that we're number one? Popped that bottle yet?

Go forth and fuck yourself long time.

well you were cheering. no other way to look at it.

Stay stupid, Stupid.
Sarcasm, right.

I'm trying right now to remember the last time you posted a single goddam thing that was on-topic, productive, informative, or simply not trolling or purveying bullshit.

Onto Ignore you go, where you can fuck yourself all you like. Poof goes the poofter.
you've never come up with a damn thing.

View attachment 315658
but this changes with more testing
USA tied for 2nd lowest death rate per million population: 3
Roughly a .03% chance for any person in the USA to die from this and not the bullshit 1.2-1.5% mortality rates you have seen deliberately erroneously thrown around by the panic inducing America haters

Actually that's four. 48 hours ago (or less) it was two, so it's doubled.

Last column.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA96,920+11,4851,473+1782,45392,9942,4632934
Italy86,498+5,9099,134+91910,95066,4143,7321,431151
China81,340+553,292+574,5883,4601,034572
Spain64,059+6,2734,934+5699,35749,7684,1651,370106
Germany49,344+5,406321+545,67343,350235894
France32,964+3,8091,995+2995,70025,2693,78750531
Iran32,332+2,9262,378+14411,13318,8212,89338528
UK14,543+2,885759+18113513,64916321411

Stay stupid, Stupid.
Sarcasm, right.

Yeah, you were on topic every single time. You were posting charts and celebrating our numbers going up. I was too on topic, pointing to your posts that were doing just that.

Tell us again, how China is better than us in addressing the crisis.

Forum List

Back