Official 2010 Baseball Thread

2009 Owners Worth + Baseball Payrolls:

Nationals - Theodore Lerner (3.2 Billion) Payroll 2009: 59.3 million (27th in MLB)
Reds: Carl Linder (1.4 Billion) Payroll 2009: 70.9 million (20th in MLB)
Athletics: John Fisher (1.2 Billion) Payroll 2009: 62.3 million (26th in MLB)
Rangers: Tom Hicks (1 Billion) Payroll 2009: 68.7 million (22nd in MLB)

last I checked the Steinbrenners are not the wealthiest owners in the game....don't hate the Yankees because they are one of the few franchises that invests in their own product instead of pocketing the money.

Lets not forget the Forbes article that pointed out the Marlins were the most profitable team a few years back and they RAPED the city of miami for a stadium

Yeah and maybe they can fill their left field need with Jayson Werth this offseason too.

They can fucking have that bastard as far as I'm concerned.

You're kidding right, Jayson Werth played well in the season and in the playoffs. it seemed like he was the only guy who got any big hits. Plus he was solid defensively. The Giants could use him. Are u crazy?

The guy you should be dismembering is Raul Ibanez. That guy completely phoned in the series. He made one good defensive play, one bad one and couldn't have hit a beach ball on a tee during this series.

I'm not so much ragging on his production as I am his attitude. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he's just fucking selfish. He never catches a fly ball with 2 hands, while every other player on the team does. The fans wanted a curtain call a little while back after a bomb, and he never came out for it.

I don't like players like that. Dominic Brown has all the potential to be Jayson Werth, and MORE.

Someone is going to HIGHLY overpay for Werth too, and I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off about it.

Anyway, congrats on a tough series. I wish I could say I'm rooting for you, but I gotta see my man Hamilton get a much deserved ring.

You see him on a more regular basis than I do but it would have been wrong for him to come out for a curtain call during that game in game 1 because they were losing and it was a close ballgame. That's why I wouldn't take a curtain call in that situation. I would absolutely take the curtain call if it was late and tied or put the team ahead, if it was a grand slam or if it was the second homer of the day and the game was at least tied. But not in the 3rd inning and you're still down 2 runs.

btw, Werth bears a striking resemblance to Chester Cheetah.
JaysonWerth1.jpg
chester-cheetos.gif

Last edited:
Do they still play the World Series after the Yankees bust out or do they just pick a team out of a hat?

Has anyone actually watched a World Series without the Yankees in it?

Do they still play the World Series after the Yankees bust out or do they just pick a team out of a hat?

Has anyone actually watched a World Series without the Yankees in it?

Yeah people who aren't just casual fans who actually care about baseball always watch the world series. There's plenty of us out there.

Nationals - Theodore Lerner (3.2 Billion) Payroll 2009: 59.3 million (27th in MLB)

last I checked the Steinbrenners are not the wealthiest owners in the game....don't hate the Yankees because they are one of the few franchises that invests in their own product instead of pocketing the money.

Lets not forget the Forbes article that pointed out the Marlins were the most profitable team a few years back and they RAPED the city of miami for a stadium

Lets not forget about teams like the Pirates whose payroll about matches what they receive in revenue sharing ALONE.

Gee, I wonder where the rest of the revenue is going? I just have no fucking idea where :rolleyes:

good game, at least the phillies put up a fight unlike my gutless sack of shit team.

I am also guessing Bochy didn't sniff the first base line in celebration like Washington when the Rangers won

That's why they moved Hamilton out to center :lol:

dear cliff lee

you aren't wearing pinstripes yet, you aren't suppose to be dissapointing

Last edited:

I will stop hating the yankees when those fucking steinbrenners stop being greedy and selfish and encourage revenue sharing and getting rid of free agency.The second highest salaried team the red sox dont even come close to the payroll the yankees have.
2010 Baseball Team Payrolls - Total and Average Salaries for Major League Baseball Players

AGAIN,something you yankee apologists always ignore is the yankees are the ONLY team that can afford to keep a-rod at his salary he has.A few years ago when he was struggling in the playoffs against the indians and he was voicing how he would like to be traded because of how the fans were getting on him,the announcers themselves came on and said the yankees are the only team who could afford to sign him. AGAIN teams like the royals cannot afford to develop a player such as Johnny Damon and keep him because of payrolls.They dont have the luxary of developing and keeping players like Derek Jeeter like the yankees do. The Rangers have done an outstanding job of getting to the series on a low payroll but look for free agency to break up those players in the next couple of years because they dont have the payroll to keep them.

Last edited:

Lets not forget about teams like the Pirates whose payroll about matches what they receive in revenue sharing ALONE.

Gee, I wonder where the rest of the revenue is going? I just have no fucking idea where :rolleyes:

good point.Lets also not forget that A-rods salary almost matches the ENTIRE salary for the pirates team.Like i said before,if the NFL had to go the same way major league baseball does,no way in hell would teams like the packers,steelers or rams be able to compete or have a chance at making the playoffs every year.

expect Cliff Lee to be a yankee next year everybody.This guy has no loyalty to his team or the fans.He left the indians to go play for the Phillies for the money,then the phillies for the rangers for the money,the guy only plays the game for the love of the money.Its a given he will be with the yankees next year.He was teammates with Sabathia when they played for The Indians.The only thing that might stop him is if his wife stands up to him and insist that he doesnt go because of how she was spat on and cursed by some yankee fans.Hopefully that will keep him from signing with them,dont count on it though.

Last edited:
Great to see both these teams in the world series this year the Giants and The Rangers since The Giants have never won a world series as the San Francisco Giants before and of course this is the first year The Rangers have made it to the world series so either way,whoever wins,it will be the first time for one of these franchises which will be nice.

I will stop hating the yankees when those fucking steinbrenners stop being greedy and selfish and encourage revenue sharing and getting rid of free agency.The second highest salaried team the red sox dont even come close to the payroll the yankees have.
2010 Baseball Team Payrolls - Total and Average Salaries for Major League Baseball Players

AGAIN,something you yankee apologists always ignore is the yankees are the ONLY team that can afford to keep a-rod at his salary he has.A few years ago when he was struggling in the playoffs against the indians and he was voicing how he would like to be traded because of how the fans were getting on him,the announcers themselves came on and said the yankees are the only team who could afford to sign him. AGAIN teams like the royals cannot afford to develop a player such as Johnny Damon and keep him because of payrolls.They dont have the luxary of developing and keeping players like Derek Jeeter like the yankees do. The Rangers have done an outstanding job of getting to the series on a low payroll but look for free agency to break up those players in the next couple of years because they dont have the payroll to keep them.

the rangers have done an outstanding job?

are you smoking crack?

they claimed bankruptcy and signed cliff lee...how is that fiscally responsible?

are you smoking crack?

they claimed bankruptcy and signed cliff lee...how is that fiscally responsible?

they made it to the world series despite one of the lowest payrolls in the major leagues.I would say thats an outstanding job.:lol: it payed off,got them to their first world series ever.:lol: again like all yankee apologist do,you avoid the points on how its not fair the way they have it set up in the major leagues unlike it is in the NFL.:lol:

are you smoking crack?

they made it to the world series despite one of the lowest payrolls in the major leagues.I would say thats an outstanding job.:lol: it payed off,got them to their first world series ever.:lol: again like all yankee apologist do,you avoid the points on how its not fair the way they have it set up in the major leagues unlike it is in the NFL.:lol:

You talk about avoiding points yet you totally disregarded the fact that the rangers FILED BANKRUPTCY, then proceeded to sign Cliff Lee.

The Yankees play by the rules, do you hear the Pirates, Marlins, and Royals cry woe is me when they recieves their millions from Revenue sharing?

Also, i don't know if you have noticed but Major League Baseball in their unfair system has provided just as much if not more diversity in champions then NFL and WAYYYYYY more then the NBA.

The NBA is a joke, it's the same teams over and over again, you go back 30 years and its like 7 teams that have won the championship.

Throughout the past 10 years Baseball has given you many different championship teams from large to small market.

Yankees is a large market in 2000
Diamondback were small in 2001
Angels were a small market when they won it in 2002
Marlins in 2003 were small in 03
Red Sox t in 04
White Sox in 05
Cardnials in 06
Red Sox in 07
Phillies in 08
Yankees in 09
Giants or Rangers in 2010

Thats pretty god damn diverse if you ask me, and mixed with small market clubs and large.

Not to mention you had very small payroll teams in the playoffs such as the oakland A's, Twins, Marlins, Padres etc...

NFL in the past 10 years you had the Patriots appear in 4 of those superbowls winning 3 of them...The Colts in one and always in the playoffs year in and year out, winning 1 superbowl and losing another.

Steelers winning 2 superbowls.

so please spare me, Major League baseball I will argue has provided more diversity in champions ranging from large and small market teams then the NFL has

Dude...

You were 1 out away from a potential nail biter of a 9th, and then the Rangers bullpen collapsed and walked the whole ball park.

That win was handed to you. CJ did his job, but Cain was just a little better.

Speaking of Cain, too bad you didn't have Albert Pujols so far in the playoffs instead of Cain, huh? Maybe then, you guys might have made it to the world series. :lol:

Last year I would have done it and if the offense was as terrible as last year I'd still do it. But this year the offense is a full run per game better than last year so it makes no sense to trade pitching for hitting.
Ah yes memories...

Speaking of which i'm close to winning a $500 dollar bet that an A's fan made with me over the series. He told me I must be an idiot for betting on the Giants over the Rangers. He said "You must not watch baseball. You ain't seen Rangers hitting before and their pitching will shut you down."
What a sucker!!!
Easy money so far.
So basically he's telling me the Rangers offense and pitching are both better than the Phillies. I might say slightly better this year on offense but not even close on pitching. Cliff Lee my ass!!!

Forum List

Back