Official 2010 Baseball Thread

recipe for a title?

claim bankruptcy and sign cliff lee!

Yeah and maybe they can fill their left field need with Jayson Werth this offseason too.

They can fucking have that bastard as far as I'm concerned.

3.5 months til pitchers and catchers.

Eagles are winning right now in the face of adversity, so I guess I have SOMETHING.

But I'm a Rex Ryan fan, I like the Jets these days. I'm pulling for you guys.

yeah, I never thought I'd ever say the words "at least I have the Jets"...my god the end of the world can't be far if this is the case.

Jets are looking good so far but I don't keep my hopes up with this team, too many disappointment. Steelers are the team that scare me the most

whats your thoughts on howard at the moment?
I've watched pitches go by in that situation, in the box.

It's not in your wheelhouse, you can't react quickly enough to chip it off foul and you hope you get the call that never comes.

I'm here to tell you...It sucks, man.

You don't take a pitch that close with 2 strikes. Wilson lives and dies by the heater, you already know it's coming.

Howard flinches at just about every other pitch he's ever seen in his major league career, but he watches that one go by without even contemplating it.

The moment was obviously too big for him.

I gotta get some sleep.

Day 2 of my prep course seminar tomorrow morning for the police test, andrew.

I test next month. I'm gonna ace this mother fucker. But I'm probably going to languish on the list forever while NJ figures out the budgets and starts to hire again.

Later guys.

It's not in your wheelhouse, you can't react quickly enough to chip it off foul and you hope you get the call that never comes.

You don't take a pitch that close with 2 strikes. Wilson lives and dies by the heater, you already know it's coming.

Howard flinches at just about every other pitch he's ever seen in his major league career, but he watches that one go by without even contemplating it.

The moment was obviously too big for him.
That pitch was a cutter --and a damned good one at that-- not a Brand X fastball.

I'm tellin' ya...You can't get the bat around to even get a piece of it.

It looks like it's going to hit you in the thigh, then slides back.

That's a product of superior scouting.

nice bro! you'll make it bro. Just get a good score and get your self high on that list of eligibility. There are departments here in S. Florida hiring also, message me if you want more info

recipe for a title?

Yeah and maybe they can fill their left field need with Jayson Werth this offseason too.

You're kidding right, Jayson Werth played well in the season and in the playoffs. it seemed like he was the only guy who got any big hits. Plus he was solid defensively. The Giants could use him. Are u crazy?

The guy you should be dismembering is Raul Ibanez. That guy completely phoned in the series. He made one good defensive play, one bad one and couldn't have hit a beach ball on a tee during this series.

Last edited:

It's not in your wheelhouse, you can't react quickly enough to chip it off foul , so you hope you get the call that never comes.

You gotta make your mind up that you're going down swinging.

yeah, I never thought I'd ever say the words "at least I have the Jets"...my god the end of the world can't be far if this is the case.

Jets are looking good so far but I don't keep my hopes up with this team, too many disappointment. Steelers are the team that scare me the most

Well it's a damn good thing I have the Giants cuz the piss poor niners suck the hole of an ass. They are literally trying to lose. but of course even if you part the red sea for the raiders running backs, they still can't get through it. they failed in their attempt to go "all-defeated" to the raiders but I'm sure they'll succeed against the rest of the league.

Damn it feels good to still be watching baseball. Glad part of the series is in texas too where the weather will be nice. Giants in 5 games. Matt Cain will beat Cliff Lee in game one. The man is beatable. Cliff Lee is not God.

recipe for a title?

You're kidding right, Jayson Werth played well in the season and in the playoffs. it seemed like he was the only guy who got any big hits. Plus he was solid defensively. The Giants could use him. Are u crazy?

The guy you should be dismembering is Raul Ibanez. That guy completely phoned in the series. He made one good defensive play, one bad one and couldn't have hit a beach ball on a tee during this series.

I'm not so much ragging on his production as I am his attitude. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he's just fucking selfish. He never catches a fly ball with 2 hands, while every other player on the team does. The fans wanted a curtain call a little while back after a bomb, and he never came out for it.

I don't like players like that. Dominic Brown has all the potential to be Jayson Werth, and MORE.

Someone is going to HIGHLY overpay for Werth too, and I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off about it.

Anyway, congrats on a tough series. I wish I could say I'm rooting for you, but I gotta see my man Hamilton get a much deserved ring.

yahoo!!! The Spankees miss the world series.That so much makes my year.The Spankees always have it easy in the opening round against the twinkees.That organization is a joke.They only win the division every year because that division is so weak and pathetic.they should have to play a REAL baseball team during the opening round instead of those pushover twinkees qll the time.

what really sucks though is USA TODAY is already talking about if the yankees will make a serious run at Cliff Lee or not next year.I was surprised to hear the broadcasters say they will have a really greeat pitching staff IF they bring back Lee next year.IF? thats not very encouraging.

The Yankees will get him.they always get whoever they want. I remember when the last year Johnny Damon was with the royals a fellow royals fan was debating with me on who has a better chance of going to the world series or the superbowl in the future,the royals or the chiefs.He made a good point that the chiefs do much better cause in the NFL,you have revenue sharing.Because of that,everybody is playing on the same level playing field.If there wasnt revenue sharing in the NFL,no way in hell would teams like the steelers,rams or packers be able to compete or have a chance because they wouldnt have any money to spend to keep good quality players.

He correctly called it that Johnny Damon would wind up with the yankees eventually.He said back then,he'll go off and sign with some big market team,it'll probably be the yankees.Well sure enough,he called it.He first went off and signed with another big market team with a high payroll the red sox and then they could not keep him anymore so he became a yankee cause they "COULD" afford to sigh him.just like they are the only team out there who is able to afford A-rod.

its not a fair level playing field for these small market teams like the royals,twins and pirates because they cant afford to develop and keep good quality players like Derek Jeeter.The Tampa Bay Devil Rays are already saying they probably wont be able to keep one of their high quality players who was a major impact on them to get to the playoffs and win the division this year.

Forum List

Back