Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Dude...

You were 1 out away from a potential nail biter of a 9th, and then the Rangers bullpen collapsed and walked the whole ball park.

That win was handed to you. CJ did his job, but Cain was just a little better.

Speaking of Cain, too bad you didn't have Albert Pujols so far in the playoffs instead of Cain, huh? Maybe then, you guys might have made it to the world series. :lol:

No doubt CJ did a superb job. But that's part of the world series. somebody's gonna get deer in the headlights syndrome and it turned out to be the Rangers bullpen. Can't blame the Giants for punishing Rangers mistakes after taking their walks. I declared instant victory when Ron Washington left that guy in after walking two batters on 8 pitches. Bad managing and bad pitching.
Aside from Sanchez's mental breakdown in Philly last start he's been very big in big games and I guarantee he'll be ready to pitch tonight in texas.

Dude...

You were 1 out away from a potential nail biter of a 9th, and then the Rangers bullpen collapsed and walked the whole ball park.

That win was handed to you. CJ did his job, but Cain was just a little better.

Speaking of Cain, too bad you didn't have Albert Pujols so far in the playoffs instead of Cain, huh? Maybe then, you guys might have made it to the world series. :lol:

No doubt CJ did a superb job. But that's part of the world series. somebody's gonna get deer in the headlights syndrome and it turned out to be the Rangers bullpen. Can't blame the Giants for punishing Rangers mistakes after taking their walks. I declared instant victory when Ron Washington left that guy in after walking two batters on 8 pitches. Bad managing and bad pitching.
Aside from Sanchez's mental breakdown in Philly last start he's been very big in big games and I guarantee he'll be ready to pitch tonight in texas.

I don't know how you can make any guarantees about a guy who walks that many batters. Walks are runs, bro.

And also, if you had Pujols this year instead of Cain, you might have increased the run production even a little more, but you would have completely given it right back away without Cain's RUN-PREVENTING pitching.

Where would you be right now without his spot during these playoffs?

That's the whole point of the argument...the PLAYOFFS. All you guys needed to do was sneak in however you could. After that, all bets were expected to be off.

You guys ain't in the WS right now with Pujols instead of Cain. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

You better hope you win this game 4, truth.

You don't want Cliff Lee tied 2-2 in the series.

You beat him once, but you know damn well it's going to take a lot of luck for him to be that bad again.

What the hell is the deal with Cody Ross? I always thought he was one of the most underrated players in the NL, but has this guy gone 0-for yet in the playoffs???

I haven't looked at the stats, but his slugging % has got to be somewhere in the 8 or 9's.

EDIT: just checked. I was off a bit. .775. But his NLCS was .950 and his NLDS sucked. He'd be in the 8's if not for that.

Last edited:
Nice win for Giants fans. My grandpa I'm sure is loving this. He's been a big Giants fan his whole life.

For the next year, all you east coast biased ass bums can kiss my ass!
1029sanfranap3.jpg

Funny thing is, you're dumb asses for the most part will still think east coast baseball is better solely based on the fact that it's east coast.
Damn it feels good to be a winner finally! Yankees fans, we'll see you and Cliff Lee again next year in the world series. Jayson Werth will probably be a Giant next year. Will be very interesting.

That would be a good one. Last Yankees/Giants world series was in 1951, I think. That era had the best teams--Dodgers, Giants, Yankees.

I realized how much I hate the Giants in this World Series for 2 reasons: Edgar Renteria and Aubrey Huff.

These guys were complete flops and worthless in Detroit.

Well Renteria was worthless for us all year too until he summoned the demons of youth for the world series. I think he'll retire now. It's not gonna get any better than this for him.

Yankees Giants would be awesome because of the history. I wanted the Yankees to come back and beat the rangers but it didn't happen. shucks. they woulda went down too.

And Aubrey Huff was nothing short of "the man" this year. all I know about him was we got 26 jacks, and 86 rbi and clutch all year. All for just 3 million dollars.

1029sanfranap3.jpg

Funny thing is, you're dumb asses for the most part will still think east coast baseball is better solely based on the fact that it's east coast.
Damn it feels good to be a winner finally! Yankees fans, we'll see you and Cliff Lee again next year in the world series. Jayson Werth will probably be a Giant next year. Will be very interesting.

You're gloating while simultaneously hoping for Jayson Werth?

I hope you bastards waste the same amount of money on him as you did Aaron Rowand :lol:

Word is, he wants Matt Holliday money.

Good Riddance.

1029sanfranap3.jpg

I hope you bastards waste the same amount of money on him as you did Aaron Rowand :lol:

Good Riddance.

Then if that's the case, the Giants will not overpay for Werth. they'll probably offer him in the realm of 8-10 million for 4 years. If he seeks more money, he's not gonna get it unless he goes to the Yankees or Red Sox. He's not that kind of player, especially outside Philly. If that's the case then good riddance before we ever get him. I think he's capable of hitting .300 30 homers and 100 rbi outside Philly, but I sure hope we don't pay him like a 50 homer guy. Adam Dunn is a real Possibility too.

1029sanfranap3.jpg

Good Riddance.

Then if that's the case, the Giants will not overpay for Werth. they'll probably offer him in the realm of 8-10 million for 4 years. If he seeks more money, he's not gonna get it unless he goes to the Yankees or Red Sox. He's not that kind of player, especially outside Philly. If that's the case then good riddance before we ever get him. I think he's capable of hitting .300 30 homers and 100 rbi outside Philly, but I sure hope we don't pay him like a 50 homer guy. Adam Dunn is a real Possibility too.

Truth...

His agent is Scott Boras.

Werth WILL get the current market rate for his position and production, which is very similar to Holliday's, who is also a Scott Boras client.

Werth and Holliday are very similar in production, and I would argue that Werth even has some tools that Holliday doesn't.

Holliday got 7/120. 17 mil a year.

Werth will get no less than 15 a year.

If he does, I'll come in here and proclaim that I don't know jack shit about baseball.

Good Riddance.

Truth...

Werth WILL get the current market rate for his position and production, which is very similar to Holliday's, who is also a Scott Boras client.

Werth and Holliday are very similar in production, and I would argue that Werth even has some tools that Holliday doesn't.

If he does, I'll come in here and proclaim that I don't know jack shit about baseball.

that's ridiculous. I think Holliday got that contract in anticipation that his numbers would be similar to his numbers in colorado, in the ballpark of .330 40 homers, 120 rbis. Holliday is not getting paid "market value". He's over paid. Just like Barry Zito is not getting paid market value.

I don't think it's impossible with Scott Boras as his agent but I don't think he can command more than 10 million a year. He's just not that good.

Plus the Giants have been burned by Boras before so they will not overpay for Werth that's for damn sure. So maybe it's less likely than I thought that he will become a Giant. Who I'd rather have is Paul Konerko. That's intriguing.

Last edited:

Truth...

that's ridiculous. I think Holliday got that contract in anticipation that his numbers would be similar to his numbers in colorado, in the ballpark of .330 40 homers, 120 rbis. Holliday is not getting paid "market value". He's over paid. Just like Barry Zito is not getting paid market value.

I don't think it's impossible with Scott Boras as his agent but I don't think he can command more than 10 million a year. He's just not that good.

Plus the Giants have been burned by Boras before so they will not overpay for Werth that's for damn sure. So maybe it's less likely than I thought that he will become a Giant. Who I'd rather have is Paul Konerko. That's intriguing.

This isn't how things work in the MLB.

Market value is not subjective. It's directly related to your peers. Peers being those who perform around the same as you do.

If someone with similar numbers gets a contract for 120 million, that's now the new precedent at that moment. If your numbers are around the same, and ESPECIALLY if you have the same agent that got that original 120 for the first guy, then you are now considered to have that same market value.

Boras can, and WILL, land Werth a contract very similar to Holliday's. That's what he does.

And how can one expect Holliday to produce the same as he did in Colorado's band box?

It's interesting you mention Konerko too, because Rowand's contract was just about the same as Konerko's except for the way it was broken down.

Last edited:
We'll see. you could be right. But we won't make the same mistake we made with rowand and zito. I could forsee a maximum 3 year deal with Konerko because of his age. To the tune of 9 or 10 million should suffice. But who knows anything

Forum List

Back