Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

How do you know it’s not readable by the officers?

It was where it was supposed to be.

And that’s not a felony.

Never said it was. How do I know, because we have bozo's that do the same thing over here; get a car with dark tinted windows and stick a temp tag inside of it.

The law states that a license plate has to be visible, and apparently this one wasn't.
“Apparently” is a big assumption. I don’t feel like I need to give these cops the benefit of the doubt.

The tag was where it was supposed to be. Nazario did nothing wrong and wasn’t even cited.

The police were way out of line because even if they did think the tag wasn’t displayed (even though they could see it was in the lousy quality video I posted), that’s not a reason to draw a gun and start acting like a thug. He called it a felony stop when there was no reasonable suspicion of a felony.

The officer should not be telling the suspect what to do based on his training

What part of his training says the way to handle a suspect accused of having a temporary license plate is approached with guns drawn and ordered out of his car?

What aggressive actions did the driver take?

what criminal act was he suspected of?

He didn't stop for the officers for over a mile and they couldn't see any license plate. This is how people drive when they steal a car or used one in a crime.

He did not try to evade the officers or speed away. He slowly drove to a location where there would be witnesses.

Rightfully so

Brand new cars do not have license plates. A temporary tag was properly displayed

He didn't stop for the officers for over a mile and they couldn't see any license plate. This is how people drive when they steal a car or used one in a crime.
That's fine, and great and all...but the issue is how the officers handled the stop. I just watched the video and see no reason for the use of pepper spray. The guy had his hands out the windows. He was attempting to communicate with the officers in a calm manner and unsure why he was being stopped. The officers by the time they got to the window, were secured, and could have explained the situtation to him, there was no need for the continued yelling and lack of communication. They could have even keep their firearms on him.

He did not try to evade the officers or speed away. He slowly drove to a location where there would be witnesses.

Rightfully so
It was under a mile. About 90 seconds. Driving slowly, blinker on, not doing anything crazy.

The cop said that when someone does that, it’s usually a minority.

Rightfully so
It was under a mile. About 90 seconds. Driving slowly, blinker on, not doing anything crazy.

The cop said that when someone does that, it’s usually a minority.

The driver was non aggressive and protecting his rights.
The cops escalated a suspected minor traffic infraction

That's fine, and great and all...but the issue is how the officers handled the stop. I just watched the video and see no reason for the use of pepper spray. The guy had his hands out the windows. He was attempting to communicate with the officers in a calm manner and unsure why he was being stopped. The officers by the time they got to the window, were secured, and could have explained the situtation to him, there was no need for the continued yelling and lack of communication. They could have even keep their firearms on him.

He pepper sprayed the guy so he couldn't see the officer opening the car door which had to be done from the inside.

The officers will tell you why you are being stopped, but you don't get to dictate what order they proceed. That's why cops go to the police academy; to learn what steps to take in such a situation.

He didn't stop for a mile which is understandable if he was unsure if it was a real cop, but......
He refused to get out of the car and even told officers he's not going to obey their commands.
After they forced him out of the car, he refused to get to the ground and had to be forced down.
They had no idea who this guy was because they didn't get to see his drivers license yet.

Rightfully so

Brand new cars do not have license plates. A temporary tag was properly displayed

If it was properly displayed they wouldn't have pulled him over. As I stated, we have clowns in my city that do the exact same thing. A plate or tag cannot be seen behind a dark tinted window. I can barely see the temp tag during the daytime much less at night.

Rightfully so

If it was properly displayed they wouldn't have pulled him over. As I stated, we have clowns in my city that do the exact same thing. A plate or tag cannot be seen behind a dark tinted window. I can barely see the temp tag during the daytime much less at night.

If that is the case, the proper course of action would be to write a ticket.

Pepper spray is not required

What part of his training says the way to handle a suspect accused of having a temporary license plate is approached with guns drawn and ordered out of his car?

What aggressive actions did the driver take?

He didn't have to be aggressive for the police to prepare to protect themselves. All he had to do was obey commands and everything would have been just fine. When they told him to get out of the car, he should have just gotten out of the car. If they told him to place his hands behind his back, he should have placed his hands behind his back. If they wanted to put cuffs on him until they figured out exactly what they were dealing with, then he shouldn't have resisted.

Now, if he just did everything they said, they would have called in his drivers license, and if not wanted for anything, taken the cuffs off, explained why they had to do what they did, give him his drivers license back and tell him to place the tag where it's readable.

He pepper sprayed the guy so he couldn't see the officer opening the car door which had to be done from the inside.

The officers will tell you why you are being stopped, but you don't get to dictate what order they proceed. That's why cops go to the police academy; to learn what steps to take in such a situation.

He didn't stop for a mile which is understandable if he was unsure if it was a real cop, but......
He refused to get out of the car and even told officers he's not going to obey their commands.
After they forced him out of the car, he refused to get to the ground and had to be forced down.
They had no idea who this guy was because they didn't get to see his drivers license yet.
One of the two was respectful and non-threatening

Guess which one?

You are in full support of that cop's behavior, eh?
As much as you are in support of a US Army officer who disobeys lawful orders
What lawful orders did the LT disobey?
well, shit stain....pulling over ...it does not take a mile or so....thats disobeying right off the bat....next stupid question

A driver is entitled to proceed to a location that is safer for himself and the police officer.

He did not attempt to elude or speed away. He proceeded at a slow speed

Forum List

Back