Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

The Army man never made any threatening moves, no weapon, no screaming at them either, that is why the police screwed up despite the numerous requests for him to get out of the vehicle, hard to do when they scream at him over and over from the start, he told them he was afraid of them, this coming from an ARMY LIUETENANT means something to me.

Hard to do because they are screaming at him? What makes it harder when they are screaming at him? You have a guy that didn't pull over for a mile, in a vehicle with no license plate, and a moron behind the wheel that refuses to comply with their orders. HTF does this guy remain in the military if he can't follow orders by authority. The military should throw him out too.

I hate to say this but i think the soldier brought this on himself. He took too long to stop for them...what was it? a mile and a half. THEN he would not obey when they told him to get out of the car. I've lost my respect for cops but i don't have a problem determining who the culprit is.

He rightfully decided to pull over at a place there were witnesses

The cop was stopping him for having a temporary tag on a new car. Not grounds to escalate the situation

He had a gun in his face and a threatening police officer screaming at him and he has no idea why. So he was supposed to remove his hands from view in order to get out of the car?

Tell me, is it smart to take your hands out of view of a cop pointing a gun at your face?

He didn't explain that the car was locked and he needed one hand to unlock it. He specifically told the cops he is not leaving his car.

I’m still trying to figure out what gave the police the need to scream at him gun drawn immediately.

That’s how everything starts to go to hell.

Police do that all the time if they suspect a criminal act. It's part of their training.

That cop should never have a job in law enforcement again.

Correct. When a situation like this happens, the officer should not be leading the way, the suspect should. The officer should not be telling the suspect what to do based on his training, the suspect should tell the officer how he's going to do things instead, and it's the officer that should obey the suspect.

Come on, you have no idea since you are not him and that the police were loud and aggressive from the start.

You seem oblivious that this is an army Lieutenant being afraid of them, that takes a for that to happen since he is trained for combat and handle firearms.
Thats a bunch of utter nonsense

all black people have to is follow orders of the police instead of running their mouth and resisting

The police need to have reasonable suspicion of a criminal act.

Otherwise they’re just acting like thugs.

The guy was driving around in a vehicle with no visible license plate and didn't immediately stop for the officers. They had every reason to suspect it was a stolen vehicle or one that may have been used in a crime somewhere.

The thing that bugs me is, these situations are so easily avoidable, but the lowlifes want to make a problem out of something that could be brought to a peaceful conclusion.

So tell me how smart it is to take your cops out of view in order to follow a “lawful command” and as you’re saying that, we should
You didnt watch the video, did you?

The black guy was practically begging to get shot or pepper-sprayed

its lucky for him he’s still alive in spite of his stupidity

The police need to have reasonable suspicion of a criminal act.

Otherwise they’re just acting like thugs.

The guy was driving around in a vehicle with no visible license plate and didn't immediately stop for the officers. They had every reason to suspect it was a stolen vehicle or one that may have been used in a crime somewhere.

The thing that bugs me is, these situations are so easily avoidable, but the lowlifes want to make a problem out of something that could be brought to a peaceful conclusion.
Mmm, no. The tags were visible in the back of the car and were visible by the time Nazario got to the BP. The tags were exactly where they were supposed to be. He did nothing wrong.

Furthermore, there is no expectation to “immediately” pull over for police. He acknowledged the police by putting on his blinker and slowing down before getting to a well lit area. It was under a mile, and took about 90 seconds.

The officer himself stated that it happens all the time and wasn’t unusual.

Sorry, but that isn’t “every reason” to believe it was stolen. Not even close.

I think it’s appalling that anyone thinks it’s okay for police to treat anyone like this. You want the situation to be avoided, the cop just has to approach the vehicle calmly and treat Nazario as a human being

Where the law specified they’re to be posted.

The law specifies it has to be visible. Apparently it wasn't as I stopped the video several times and didn't see it. What I did see was dark tinted windows which made the temp plate invisible to the officers.

Forum List

Back