Off road, off grid

Pretty cool. I have a 2 seat Coleman troll flat bottom boat. You can Google the 5 rivers of otsego county. Itā€™s by this property I want to buy. I will definitely fish those rivers.

If the back is like I think Iā€™m going to clean it. Clear it of all the fallen timber. I love making bonfires. My brothers property is pretty clean. You have to go to the back to find wood to burn. I thought weā€™d never run out but boy can you go through wood just hanging outside.

I hope itā€™s not wetlands type woods. I know the deer love it but theyā€™ll love the food crop I plant too. Winter wheat, alfalfa, beets, turnips.

It says two streams run thru it but that could be back where the deer love but itā€™s a bitch getting one out. My brother had some guys bring out two huge machines and use the trees to make a wood chip path back to the river. Not sure he technically had the permission or right to do that and my property would be where neighbors would know what was going on. My brothers 60 acres is a hidden compound. Hidden and surrounded by trees so no one can even see the house or property unless they walk in. Then theyā€™re on camera.
60 acres and private. Add in two rivers nice property. I would live a property like that.

60 acres and private. Add in two rivers nice property. I would live a property like that.
No his 60 has one river in the back. My 20 has 2 creeks.

Oh yea, youā€™d live on his property alright. When he bought it they cut and sold all the lumber in the middle. So no home but a field full of stumps. Since then he had the stumps bulldozed into piles. I burned them all. They burn forever. Stumps.

Anyways, since then he had a home built. Itā€™s baller. Then he had a barn/garage built. Looks like a red barn. And upstairs he has a room we use to change into our hunting clothes. So they donā€™t stink of bacon or whatever we cook.

He has everything. I bought him a quad but he has tiller, fetilizer spreader, lbig lawnmower you pull with the quad, chainsaws, etc. I see you need a lot of stuff. Slowly over time you buy more and more stuff you ā€œneedā€

No his 60 has one river in the back. My 20 has 2 creeks.

Oh yea, youā€™d live on his property alright. When he bought it they cut and sold all the lumber in the middle. So no home but a field full of stumps. Since then he had the stumps bulldozed into piles. I burned them all. They burn forever. Stumps.

Anyways, since then he had a home built. Itā€™s baller. Then he had a barn/garage built. Looks like a red barn. And upstairs he has a room we use to change into our hunting clothes. So they donā€™t stink of bacon or whatever we cook.

He has everything. I bought him a quad but he has tiller, fetilizer spreader, lbig lawnmower you pull with the quad, chainsaws, etc. I see you need a lot of stuff. Slowly over time you buy more and more stuff you ā€œneedā€
Ya, sure do need a lot of stuff for out door life, barn building, land clearing and such. I was divorced a couple years back. List a good percentage of my stuff. Not enough time left in my life to get it all back but all us well. I pretty much hunt, fish, golf and sleep. Not a bad way of life.

Ya, sure do need a lot of stuff for out door life, barn building, land clearing and such. I was divorced a couple years back. List a good percentage of my stuff. Not enough time left in my life to get it all back but all us well. I pretty much hunt, fish, golf and sleep. Not a bad way of life.
Iā€™m 53 soon. I need to get on it.

I think I need to buy a portable trailer. A small one thatā€™s comfortable to hang out in. So I can also take it to Florida.

Thanks for talking to me about this. Iā€™m sick of politics. what makes me happy? Being outside with my dog. Life is short doing these things we do slows time down. Even though time flies because weā€™re having fun we are savoring the best times. Huntin, fishin lovin every day. Thatā€™s a Luke Bryant song?

Sitting in the woods in October. Nothin better. Then go to a local bar and flirt with some ladies.

Im going to coyote hunt too. Iā€™ve shot at them but they were moving. At least I scared them away.

Thanks for talking to me about this. Iā€™m sick of politics. what makes me happy? Being outside with my dog. Life is short doing these things we do slows time down. Even though time flies because weā€™re having fun we are savoring the best times. Huntin, fishin lovin every day. Thatā€™s a Luke Bryant song?

Sitting in the woods in October. Nothin better. Then go to a local bar and flirt with some ladies.

Im going to coyote hunt too. Iā€™ve shot at them but they were moving. At least I scared them away.
Ya, this is fun stuff to talk about.

Ya, this is fun stuff to talk about.

Otsego County is home to the headwaters of five sprawling rivers: Sturgeon River, Pigeon River, AuSable River, Manistee River, and Black River.

I was watching Mountain Men. This guy and his father in Alaska every year build a huge raft and use a boat like I have to take it up the river. They have a bigger engine than mine of course but it's just a little two seat boat and they push the raft up river to where all the salmon are. That's how they feed their dogs. Trapping beaver and catching salmon. On the raft is two tents. One's for them to sleep in and the other has all their gear. I think even a stove for cooking. The raft is huge. I would LOVE to do that trip with them. And I wish the rivers around here had great fish in them that I would want to catch and keep to eat. I know there is great fishing up north but I don't know where, when, how. God I wish I was 43 not 53 with the money I have. But I shouldn't wish. I should be grateful what I have. My brother bought his property probably 7 or so years ago and I had all that time helping him make that property what it is today. You should see all the heads on the wall. Never thought we'd have a 10, 2 8's, 2 6's and a 5 point on the wall. The 6's and 5's I expected but not the 8's and 10. I'm so glad I am the one who has the record. LOL.

I'm going up north tomorrow with my bro, one of his sons and his friend. I'm going to let them hunt Saturday and Sunday morning. I will hunt Sunday night and Monday, then go home. I already got a deer so they don't want me shooting a doe, disturbing the woods and then they don't get anything.

I hate/love gutting a deer. The process after you shoot it. Finding it, dragging it back, hanging it up, gutting it. It's a lot of work but part of the process and I love the process. I bet you hate gutting and fileting all those fish.

Otsego County is home to the headwaters of five sprawling rivers: Sturgeon River, Pigeon River, AuSable River, Manistee River, and Black River.

I was watching Mountain Men. This guy and his father in Alaska every year build a huge raft and use a boat like I have to take it up the river. They have a bigger engine than mine of course but it's just a little two seat boat and they push the raft up river to where all the salmon are. That's how they feed their dogs. Trapping beaver and catching salmon. On the raft is two tents. One's for them to sleep in and the other has all their gear. I think even a stove for cooking. The raft is huge. I would LOVE to do that trip with them. And I wish the rivers around here had great fish in them that I would want to catch and keep to eat. I know there is great fishing up north but I don't know where, when, how. God I wish I was 43 not 53 with the money I have. But I shouldn't wish. I should be grateful what I have. My brother bought his property probably 7 or so years ago and I had all that time helping him make that property what it is today. You should see all the heads on the wall. Never thought we'd have a 10, 2 8's, 2 6's and a 5 point on the wall. The 6's and 5's I expected but not the 8's and 10. I'm so glad I am the one who has the record. LOL.

I'm going up north tomorrow with my bro, one of his sons and his friend. I'm going to let them hunt Saturday and Sunday morning. I will hunt Sunday night and Monday, then go home. I already got a deer so they don't want me shooting a doe, disturbing the woods and then they don't get anything.

I hate/love gutting a deer. The process after you shoot it. Finding it, dragging it back, hanging it up, gutting it. It's a lot of work but part of the process and I love the process. I bet you hate gutting and fileting all those fish.
I filet my walleye. I take the perch to the fish cleaner. I hate cleaning pan fish. Ice fishing is really big up here. Unfortunately last year we got very little ice. We checked the ice every day after Dec 15. The entire winter we did this. All winter long not thick enough. Finally one day it got close. Should not have gone but we were Jonesing. We decided to put waders on and just fish three foot of water. That way ice breaks we just walk back in. 2 guys after first hour 110 crappie, 75 bluegill, 15 perch. It was on fire. We stayed five hours. We came back with an insane amount of fish that day. All happy. So we load our fish in the truck and head to Bayview fish cleaning. We'll there was no ice that year so they were closed. By the time I cleaned that last bluegill I was so sick of cleaning fish. Ya, I am not fond of processing dear either. Funny you mentioned Hustis. The guy on mountain men.I have a friend that runs deer camps on turtle Island preserve. This where mountain men is filmed. For that deer camp the guide carries a tripod. Ya, shoot a deer there ya gut it hang it on the tripod and people with horse and wagon come and get it. They then take it back and process it for you. Much better than dragging it back to the truck. If you watch mountain men. Did you see the episode where he sold a 1920s horse and buggy to at the time a cute little 11 year old girl named Tasha? Tasha is my God daughter. I was her father's best man at his wedding and he was my main hunting and fishing partner through junior high and high school. We ran a para sailing business together summers while we were in college.

I filet my walleye. I take the perch to the fish cleaner. I hate cleaning pan fish. Ice fishing is really big up here. Unfortunately last year we got very little ice. We checked the ice every day after Dec 15. The entire winter we did this. All winter long not thick enough. Finally one day it got close. Should not have gone but we were Jonesing. We decided to put waders on and just fish three foot of water. That way ice breaks we just walk back in. 2 guys after first hour 110 crappie, 75 bluegill, 15 perch. It was on fire. We stayed five hours. We came back with an insane amount of fish that day. All happy. So we load our fish in the truck and head to Bayview fish cleaning. We'll there was no ice that year so they were closed. By the time I cleaned that last bluegill I was so sick of cleaning fish. Ya, I am not fond of processing dear either. Funny you mentioned Hustis. The guy on mountain men.I have a friend that runs deer camps on turtle Island preserve. This where mountain men is filmed. For that deer camp the guide carries a tripod. Ya, shoot a deer there ya gut it hang it on the tripod and people with horse and wagon come and get it. They then take it back and process it for you. Much better than dragging it back to the truck. If you watch mountain men. Did you see the episode where he sold a 1920s horse and buggy to at the time a cute little 11 year old girl named Tasha? Tasha is my God daughter. I was her father's best man at his wedding and he was my main hunting and fishing partner through junior high and high school. We ran a para sailing business together summers while we were in college.

I wish I had a horse to take me where the quad can't go.

It wasn't Hustis. The guy with the raft and boat and his son are new this year. But I do love Hustis. I would love what he has.

I wish I had a horse to take me where the quad can't go.

It wasn't Hustis. The guy with the raft and boat and his son are new this year. But I do love Hustis. I would love what he has.
Lol, I don't even have the quad. All my extra dollars go into boats and fishing tackle right now. I That and rehab for this condo.I am hoping to be able to supply a couple more boats for charters in the next 3 years. My son recently finished a four year duel major in music and business. He has an interest in running a boat foe me. My son in law graduates in two years. Hopefully I will have a boat for him to run also. Trying to build my charter business it takes time, effort and money. In that phase where most every penny goes right back into the business.

Lol, I don't even have the quad. All my extra dollars go into boats and fishing tackle right now. I That and rehab for this condo.I am hoping to be able to supply a couple more boats for charters in the next 3 years. My son recently finished a four year duel major in music and business. He has an interest in running a boat foe me. My son in law graduates in two years. Hopefully I will have a boat for him to run also. Trying to build my charter business it takes time, effort and money. In that phase where most every penny goes right back into the business.
When my brother bought the $100,000 piece of property that I would get to enjoy for free, I puchased the Quad as sort of my contribution. A drop in the bucket to what it costs him but he's rich I'm not.

I also decided a few years ago to finally buy a pontoon boat. I live on a lake but didn't need a boat. All my friends have boats. But I couldn't invite my brother and his kids out on my friends boats so I decided to buy a boat for the family. So all summer, at least twice a week my nephews call, "hey uncle sealybobo, can I bring some friends out on the boat tonight?" And my brother loves to fish too so he enjoys it too.

So $26K for the boat, $7K for the Quad. $33K and I have a hunting cabin up north that I could never afford.

I want the 20 acres so I have something for myself. Something no one can tell me no you can't hunt in October because they aren't hunting until November. I asked my brother if I could put up a mini log cabin by the original camp ground that I would use whenever I came up by myself. He said no. I dont' know why. I think it would add value to his place. Maybe he worries we might get in a fight and then I put a $10K thing on his property. Whatever. I think I would like a place of my own. Something different about it when it's yours.

He also has a condo in Florida. Nothing special. But he probably won't be using it in Feb and I asked if I could go stay for a month. He and his wife said yes. No charge just pay for a maid to clean it the day you leave. Sweet huh?

They also have a home in Greece. I've only gone once but it's another thing I have access to. Up north, FL, Greece. The home in Greece is his in laws. It's two homes in one. Upstairs home and downstairs. They have two daughters so one has up and one has the down. I've only gone once in 1999. Not worth it. I didn't get laid so I've never been back. If I spend that kind of money I expect to get laid. Otherwise, I'll stay in the USA. LOL.

Forum List

Back