Of course biden is to blame for the gas shortage

Upgrade the physical layer of infrastructure.

E
You're not getting it. Producing more oil domestically doesn't lower the price domestically.
How did you reach that conclusion?
You gots ta read the whole post, Son. It's all there.
You are begging that question and is usually considered a fallacy.

Why would greater domestic availability (supply) not affect domestic markets (demand) in some manner?

Because Keystone XL isn't for domestic consumption.

Could it be? Wouldn’t that be good for us?

The oil belongs to Canada and the Chinese not the US.

Wake up and smell the coffee boyos!!!

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter
February 23, 2021·3 min read
As a fourth-generation Oklahoman, I know the importance of the oil and gas industry to the state and region. Killing the Keystone XL pipeline does no tangible good and will doubtless cause harm to countless Americans, and even to the environment that the decision pledges to protect.

Throughout my career, I have worked in the industry at almost every level: first, as a roustabout in college to help pay my way through school, then as an attorney in the private sector and general counsel to the state’s oil and gas regulator. Now, as attorney general, one of my most important responsibilities is protecting the state’s economic activities from unlawful federal intrusion.

In Oklahoma, oil and gas production employs thousands, pumps millions of dollars into local economies, and creates billions of dollars in economic activity. The same is true for many states across the country.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Keystone has led to thousands of good-paying jobs, now snuffed out with the stroke of a pen. Again, the impact will be felt not just in Oklahoma: The pipeline here increases the transport of oil to Cushing, one of the largest transshipment and oil-storage locations in the world.

In response to the president’s decision, lawmakers have introduced legislation to mandate continuation of the project, estimating that the pipeline’s expansion would create 11,000 “direct high-paying jobs” and “up to 60,000 indirect and direct jobs.”

Indeed, by revoking Keystone’s permit, President Biden is relegating these workers to the unemployment line, when our country can ill afford to strain our already overstressed unemployment system."

The jobs numbers were the first lies to fall in 2011.

E
You're not getting it. Producing more oil domestically doesn't lower the price domestically.

Why would greater domestic availability (supply) not affect domestic markets (demand) in some manner?

Do you really believe an organization dedicated to the energy industry is going to be unbiased. I mean at the bottom of the page is one big old red flag, "with Christian values at it's core". That usually means they got no problem lying like hell. And that particular article is proof. I mean ask yourself, why in the hell would TransCanada want to build
a pipeline that will lower the price that the get for each barrel of oil?

The answer, they wouldn't. The stated purpose of the pipeline, per the permit application, is to raise the average price received for Canadian oil by three dollars a barrel. I mean first of all, we don't need it.

Canadian oil import growth will go on at “almost identical” levels through 2030 using existing and new pipeline capacity as well as rail shipments – whether or not Keystone XL is built.

Keystone would have risen oil prices,

Rather than providing the US with more Canadian oil, Keystone XL will simply shift oil from the Midwest to the Gulf Coast, where much of it can be exported to international buyers – decreasing US energy supply and increasing the cost of oil in the American Midwest

E

Do you really believe an organization dedicated to the energy industry is going to be unbiased. I mean at the bottom of the page is one big old red flag, "with Christian values at it's core". That usually means they got no problem lying like hell. And that particular article is proof. I mean ask yourself, why in the hell would TransCanada want to build
a pipeline that will lower the price that the get for each barrel of oil?

The answer, they wouldn't. The stated purpose of the pipeline, per the permit application, is to raise the average price received for Canadian oil by three dollars a barrel. I mean first of all, we don't need it.

Canadian oil import growth will go on at “almost identical” levels through 2030 using existing and new pipeline capacity as well as rail shipments – whether or not Keystone XL is built.

Keystone would have risen oil prices,

Rather than providing the US with more Canadian oil, Keystone XL will simply shift oil from the Midwest to the Gulf Coast, where much of it can be exported to international buyers – decreasing US energy supply and increasing the cost of oil in the American Midwest

Canadian tarsands are deeply discounted. I think $29 a barrel.

If they can get it refined and shipped out of the Free Trade they can avoid US taxes and make a good profit.

Because the price is set by international trade, not domestic.

More overly-simplistic thoughts from one of the biggest dumbasses on this board.

Now for the real truth........
The concept of supply and demand is fairly straightforward. As demand increases (or supply decreases) the price should go up. As demand decreases (or supply increases) the price should go down. Sounds simple?

Not quite. The price of oil as we know it is actually set in the oil futures market.

An oil futures contract is a binding agreement that gives one the right to purchase oil by the barrel at a predefined price on a predefined date in the future. Under a futures contract, both the buyer and the seller are obligated to fulfill their side of the transaction on the specified date.

The Bottom Line​

Unlike most products, oil prices are not determined entirely by supply, demand, and market sentiment toward the physical product. Rather, supply, demand, and sentiment toward oil futures contracts, which are traded heavily by speculators, play a dominant role in price determination. Cyclical trends in the commodities market may also play a role. Regardless of how the price is ultimately determined, based on its use in fuels and countless consumer goods, it appears that oil will continue to be in high demand for the foreseeable future.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter
As a fourth-generation Oklahoman, I know the importance of the oil and gas industry to the state and region. Killing the Keystone XL pipeline does no tangible good and will doubtless cause harm to countless Americans, and even to the environment that the decision pledges to protect.

Throughout my career, I have worked in the industry at almost every level: first, as a roustabout in college to help pay my way through school, then as an attorney in the private sector and general counsel to the state’s oil and gas regulator. Now, as attorney general, one of my most important responsibilities is protecting the state’s economic activities from unlawful federal intrusion.

In Oklahoma, oil and gas production employs thousands, pumps millions of dollars into local economies, and creates billions of dollars in economic activity. The same is true for many states across the country.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Keystone has led to thousands of good-paying jobs, now snuffed out with the stroke of a pen. Again, the impact will be felt not just in Oklahoma: The pipeline here increases the transport of oil to Cushing, one of the largest transshipment and oil-storage locations in the world.

In response to the president’s decision, lawmakers have introduced legislation to mandate continuation of the project, estimating that the pipeline’s expansion would create 11,000 “direct high-paying jobs” and “up to 60,000 indirect and direct jobs.”

Indeed, by revoking Keystone’s permit, President Biden is relegating these workers to the unemployment line, when our country can ill afford to strain our already overstressed unemployment system."

It would create 2,000 temporary jobs and 50 permanent jobs and most of those would be in Canada. Shovel your bullshit elsewhere.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

It would create 2,000 temporary jobs and 50 permanent jobs and most of those would be in Canada. Shovel your bullshit elsewhere.

Nonsense......all you have is your personal opinion which is just liberal bullshit.

More reasons for the Keystone Pipeline......

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Nonsense......all you have is your personal opinion which is just liberal bullshit.

Their first lie is all about their job numbers.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

You're right.. although 50 permanent jobs is a bit on the high side.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

How the keystone pipeline benefited America

The Pros.....of the Keystone Pipeline

1. The Keystone Pipeline can be a major job creation project.
The US State Department has estimated that the construction of the pipeline project could create up to 42,000 jobs over a two-year construction period. Most of these jobs would be considered temporary, but about 38,000 of them would be considered support jobs, such as food service. About 35 permanent jobs would also be created with this project.

2. The Keystone Pipeline can be a major economic contributor.
It is believed that the Keystone XL pipeline has the potential to contribute more than $3 billion annually to the US economy once it become operational. It would also create an estimated $2.4 billion (in US dollars) for Canada, which would be split between the government, shareholders, and company reinvestments. It would also allow Canadian producers to receive up to $2 more per barrel from the tar sands oil.

3. It would re-establish the Alberta oil sands sector for Canada.
The oil price slump from 2014-2016 has taken away more than 35,000 local jobs in Alberta that contribute or support the extraction of petroleum. This has created a revenue deficit of nearly $1 billion, with the required shutdown from the wildfires that destroyed the region. Completing the Keystone XL pipeline would provide more support for this sector and establish sales that could restore many of the local jobs.

4. It creates a reliable product for Gulf Coast refiners to process.
The refiners in the US who would be processing the tar sands oil would also benefit from this project’s completion. Their current products come from suppliers that are considered to be “less than reliable,” according to a report from Reuters. Instead of relying on product from Mexico or Venezuela that may or may not come in, Keystone offers a daily refining option that can support US jobs.

5. It makes the Canadian economy more efficient.
The oil industry in Canada is responsible for 1/6 of the nation’s economy. The issue that Canadians face with their oil is that there are several transportation constraints due to the location of their petroleum reserves. This has led to a consistently high cost of production. With Keystone, Canadian producers can raise prices because the quality of the petroleum will be better while they are able to cut into their overhead costs at the same time.

6. The amount of emissions added to the atmosphere from Keystone XL are negligible.
At full production, the EPA believes that the Keystone pipeline will add about 19 million metric tons of atmosphere annually to the atmosphere. This figure is in comparison to conventional oil production. In 2011, the US was responsible for about 5.5 billion tons of carbon pollution, which was second only to China’s 8.7 billion tons of carbon. This means the increase would amount ot less than 1% of the totals already produced.

7. Pipeline transportation is safer than other methods.
TransCanada has essentially said that they are going to process tar sands oil whether the pipeline extension for Keystone is built or not. This product can be transported by rail and other options, but the pipeline is the safest method of transportation. In a world where the tar sands oil is going to make it to its destination one way or another, it is usually the best option to choose the safest method of transportation. In this instance, its Keystone XL.

8. It isn’t a full pipeline project.
The Keystone pipeline already exists in a completed state. At the moment, it delivers tar sands oil to the Midwest. The goal is to extend the pipeline down to the Gulf Coast to increase potential processing capacities with an asset that already exists. The reputation of the Keystone pipeline is already a proven commodity with a history that can be verified independently.

9. It promotes US oil development in addition to supporting Canadian development.
Part of the oil that will be shipped through Keystone XL will come from the Bakken Shale formation, which is located in Canada. This means US jobs in the oil industry will be supported at the same time the project is supporting Canadian jobs.

Last edited:

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Their first lie is all about their job numbers.

You have no proof for your personal opinion...give us some evidence.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

You lack evidence for what you claim.

Last edited:

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

The US State Department has estimated that the construction of the pipeline project could create up to 42,000 jobs over a two-year construction period. Most of these jobs would be considered temporary, but about 38,000 of them would be considered support jobs, such as food service. About 35 permanent jobs would also be created with this project.

It is believed that the Keystone XL pipeline has the potential to contribute more than $3 billion annually to the US economy once it become operational. It would also create an estimated $2.4 billion (in US dollars) for Canada, which would be split between the government, shareholders, and company reinvestments. It would also allow Canadian producers to receive up to $2 more per barrel from the tar sands oil.

The oil price slump from 2014-2016 has taken away more than 35,000 local jobs in Alberta that contribute or support the extraction of petroleum. This has created a revenue deficit of nearly $1 billion, with the required shutdown from the wildfires that destroyed the region. Completing the Keystone XL pipeline would provide more support for this sector and establish sales that could restore many of the local jobs.

The refiners in the US who would be processing the tar sands oil would also benefit from this project’s completion. Their current products come from suppliers that are considered to be “less than reliable,” according to a report from Reuters. Instead of relying on product from Mexico or Venezuela that may or may not come in, Keystone offers a daily refining option that can support US jobs.

The oil industry in Canada is responsible for 1/6 of the nation’s economy. The issue that Canadians face with their oil is that there are several transportation constraints due to the location of their petroleum reserves. This has led to a consistently high cost of production. With Keystone, Canadian producers can raise prices because the quality of the petroleum will be better while they are able to cut into their overhead costs at the same time.

6. The amount of emissions added to the atmosphere from Keystone XL are negligible.
At full production, the EPA believes that the Keystone pipeline will add about 19 million metric tons of atmosphere annually to the atmosphere. This figure is in comparison to conventional oil production. In 2011, the US was responsible for about 5.5 billion tons of carbon pollution, which was second only to China’s 8.7 billion tons of carbon. This means the increase would amount ot less than 1% of the totals already produced.

TransCanada has essentially said that they are going to process tar sands oil whether the pipeline extension for Keystone is built or not. This product can be transported by rail and other options, but the pipeline is the safest method of transportation. In a world where the tar sands oil is going to make it to its destination one way or another, it is usually the best option to choose the safest method of transportation. In this instance, its Keystone XL.

The Keystone pipeline already exists in a completed state. At the moment, it delivers tar sands oil to the Midwest. The goal is to extend the pipeline down to the Gulf Coast to increase potential processing capacities with an asset that already exists. The reputation of the Keystone pipeline is already a proven commodity with a history that can be verified independently.

9. It promotes US oil development in addition to supporting Canadian development.
Part of the oil that will be shipped through Keystone XL will come from the Bakken Shale formation, which is located in Canada. This means US jobs in the oil industry will be supported at the same time the project is supporting Canadian jobs.

If you have exposure to foreign oil risk, I would rather it be Canada over Venezuela or Kuwait.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

If you have exposure to foreign oil risk, I would rather it be Canada over Venezuela or Kuwait.

Exactly......the morons who cannot think straight and their blabber of.....O Canada is a foregin country simply are too dense to grasp the fact that Canada is our neighbor....and our vested interests cannot be denied....we help each other and that is the way it has always been.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Exactly......the morons who cannot think straight and their blabber of.....O Canada is a foregin country simply are too dense to grasp the fact that Canada is our neighbor....and our vested interests cannot be denied....we help each other and that is the way it has always been.

So is Mexico. Keystone XL is a boondoggle. TransCanada already has unused pipeline capacity all over the Midwest.. and they will be by passing 5 refineries in the Midwest that were retrofitted to refine tarsands.. That petroleum was sold in the US. They can make more money, avoid taxes by NOT selling tarsands for US consumption.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Kuwait has light, sweet crude.. VZ is a bit sour and heavy but its far, far superior to Canadian tarsands.

The oil belongs to the Canadians and the Chinese. It's also basically crap that we don't want.

The oil belongs to the Canadians and the Chinese. It's also basically crap that we don't want.

Why don't they refine their tarsands in Canada?

Why don't they refine their tarsands in Canada?
I've wondered that myself. I assumed it was a money issue.

E

Mike Hunter is an idiot.

"Mike Hunter

- ADVERTISEMENT -

42,000 jobs is a huge lie.. Maybe 4,000 temporary jobs for pipeline construction. 20 jobs to monitor flow rate and pressure by computer at a central location.
Assorted secretary and supervisors. ..

If you can't build a pipeline with 4,000 pipeline guys, you're in the wrong business. What a joke.

Canada is America's biggest supplier of oil...Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the U.S. In 2019, Canada exported more than 3.7 million b/d of oil to the U.S. – less than 1% of Canadian exports were delivered to other countries.

Canada is America's number one trading partner

Last edited:

Forum List

Back