Of course biden is to blame for the gas shortage

If biden had not gotten rid of the Keystone pipeline we would be in much better shape regarding the gas shortage.
Keystone wasn't gonna carry gas, it was for crude oil. It also was gonna go from Canada to the gulf coast, not the northeastern US.

This thread fails miserably.

it was still another pipeline in the US which put pressure on other countries to increase output.

LOLOL.. No it wouldn't. How stupid.

Supply and Demand, market pressures. Look it up.
Lol, you've got it backwards as usual. More supply equals less.demand, not more.

If biden had not gotten rid of the Keystone pipeline we would be in much better shape regarding the gas shortage.
Keystone wasn't gonna carry gas, it was for crude oil. It also was gonna go from Canada to the gulf coast, not the northeastern US.

it was still another pipeline in the US which put pressure on other countries to increase output.

I don't think I'm following you.. If the ppb goes low, US producers get hurt first because we have the highest lift costs in the world.

If you have too much oil on the market Russia, KSA, Kuwait etc will cut production.

who is cutting production? Now?

how does that benefit US?

It raises the ppb for our domestic producers.

Have you thought this thru? The only way you're going to have cheap gasoline all the time is to nationalize US oil production. Do you want that?

Bullshit. Gas is above $3.00 today. Much cheaper than that before the pandemic.

I don't think I'm following you.. If the ppb goes low, US producers get hurt first because we have the highest lift costs in the world.

If you have too much oil on the market Russia, KSA, Kuwait etc will cut production.
tRumplings don't get economics.

Why would.you think that was supposed to benefit the US? Nobody was even talking about anything resembling that. You make no sense, as usual.

Have you thought this thru? The only way you're going to have cheap gasoline all the time is to nationalize US oil production. Do you want that?
Personally I think it's a good idea. Corporations should not be making billions from our irreplaceable natural resources at the expense of the citizens.

Why would.you think that was supposed to benefit the US? Nobody was even talking about anything resembling that. You make no sense, as usual.

the less dependent US is on foreign oil, the more it benefits US. How does that not make sense to you?

Bullshit. Gas is above $3.00 today. Much cheaper than that before the pandemic.
epic-facepalm_o_1762961.jpg

the less dependent US is on foreign oil, the more it benefits US. How does that not make sense to you?
Oil is traded on the open market. Global supply and demand sets the price, not national.

Oil is traded on the open market. Global supply and demand sets the price, not national.

You are saying America’s dependence on foreign oil does not impact domestic prices??

LOLOL.. Canada and China are looking to increase the profits on tarsands.. by not paying US taxes and shipping refined specialty products abroad. The Keystone XL doesn't bring any benefit to the US consumer.. or make us less dependent on foreign oil.

You are saying America’s dependence on foreign oil does not impact domestic prices??

Nope. OPEC's price basket and Brent are usually a dollar more than WTI.

Subsidize electric vehicles to help mitigate it.

LOLOL.. Canada and China are looking to increase the profits on tarsands.. by not paying US taxes and shipping refined specialty products abroad. The Keystone XL doesn't bring any benefit to the US consumer.. or make us less dependent on foreign oil.

It was to be another US pipeline with deliveries into North and Middle America as well as to South Texas for export. The US just jgot taste of disruption to a major pipeline in the South and East and it created run on gas and inflation. Don’t tell us that Keystone or any other pipeline does not make us less dependent on foreign oil.

Lol, you've got it backwards as usual. More supply equals less.demand, not more.
And you don't know why the same ghettos are here after over a half century, only now the taxpayer is forced to pay up or pure violence will erupt in every city.

It was to be another US pipeline with deliveries into North and Middle America as well as to South Texas for export. The US just jgot taste of disruption to a major pipeline in the South and East and it created run on gas and inflation. Don’t tell us that Keystone or any other pipeline does not make us less dependent on foreign oil.

Nope.. TransCanada has unused pipeline capacity all over the Midwest that by passes 4 or 5 refineries that were refitted to handle refining the tarsands sludge.

Keystone XL is strictly an export pipeline that benefits Canada and the Chinese who own 50% of Canada's production. They avoid taxes by shipping to the Free Trade Zone and refining specialty products for export.

BTW.. Canada's oil is FOREIGN OIL. The US consumer will never see a drop of gasoline.

Oil is a commodity just like wheat, cattle, forest products. In all commodities, Nations can mitigate economic risk associated with global price and / production disruptions by increasing supply and production domestically and / or shifting to an alternate commodity that meets the need.

Nope.. TransCanada has unused pipeline capacity all over the Midwest that by passes 4 or 5 refineries that were refitted to handle refining the tarsands sludge.

Keystone XL is strictly an export pipeline that benefits Canada and the Chinese who own 50% of Canada's production. They avoid taxes by shipping to the Free Trade Zone and refining specialty products for export.

BTW.. Canada's oil is FOREIGN OIL. The US consumer will never see a drop of gasoline.

Keystone is still infrastructure that can be leveraged for domestic production even if it is not being used that way at the moment. Canada is foreign oil but if a Nation’s dependency on foreign oil is going to happen, would you want it with a Nation you share border and perhaps infrastructure with or would you want it with nations on the other side of the world whose political and economic stability is in constant uncertainty and transport is tied solely to shipping?

Is that what posted?

Forum List

Back