Obamcare (the ACA) was taken from the Heritage Foundation in 1989

No, that's a dblack ploy. Flip-flop, flip-flop, and keep asking the same questions over and over again, making wild-eyed accusations when the answer isn't "Admit you're wrong/you lied," then ask the question again.

Links and citations would be easy to produce, if your claim were true. But it's not, is it? ;)

I don't think Stephanie is insured.

Probably not.

She's also probably put you on Ignore by now. She does that to anyone who challenges her worldview. She announced she was putting me on Ignore less than a week after I joined. ;)

No, that's a dblack ploy. Flip-flop, flip-flop, and keep asking the same questions over and over again, making wild-eyed accusations when the answer isn't "Admit you're wrong/you lied," then ask the question again.

Links and citations would be easy to produce, if you're claim were true. But it's not, is it? ;)

Which "it" are you talking about this time?

Links and citations would be easy to produce, if you're claim were true. But it's not, is it? ;)

Your baseless accusation. If I'm flip-flopping, post the proof. Or shut the fuck up.

Your baseless accusation. If I'm flip-flopping, post the proof. Or shut the fuck up.

Oh, so this thread is about you now. At least Stephanie may be able to understand that.

I'm much more interested in the Heritage Foundation/ACA connection, and whether or not you read the timeline in the link I provided in Post #20. Thank you for confirming that you don't read links when they are provided.

Thus the measure of exactly how seriously you should be taken.

Oh, so this thread is about you now.

Only if you persist in baseless accusations targeted at me. I'd rather you didn't. Withdraw your BS and we're good.

I'm much more interested in the Heritage Foundation/ACA connection, and whether or not you read the timeline
in the link I provided in Post #20. Thank you for confirming that you don't read links when they are provided.

Thus the measure of exactly how seriously you should be taken.

I don't read most of the links you post. Sorry. Time is precious. But I'm well aware that the Heritage Foundation, and several prominent Republicans, floated the idea of the individual mandate long before ACA. That's the kind of crap that's kept me from ever voting Republican.

But why does that make it OK for Democrats to actually turn a Republican corporate-welfare fantasy into reality?

From Fox, you conservatives love Fox , no? (side not Trump was all for universal healthcare in 2001)

politics

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long

Published June 28, 2012

FoxNews.com

The controversial individual mandate that was upheld Thursday by the U.S. Supreme Court stems back more than 20 years, believed to have originated with a prominent conservative think tank.

The mandate, requiring every American to purchase health insurance, appeared in a 1989 published proposal by Stuart M. Butler of the conservative Heritage Foundation called "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans," which included a provision to "mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance."

The Heritage Foundation "substantially revised" its proposal four years later, according to a 1994 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. But the idea of an individual health insurance mandate later appeared in two bills introduced by Republican lawmakers in 1993, according to the non-partisan research group ProCon.org. Among the supporters of the bills were senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who today oppose the mandate under current law.

In 2006, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who was then governor of Massachusetts, signed off on a law requiring individuals of the state to purchase health insurance. American Bridge 21st Century, a Democratic opposition research group, on Wednesday released a 2006 video in which Romney says he is “very pleased” with the mandate.

“With regards to the individual mandate, the individual responsibility program that I proposed, I was very pleased that the compromise between the two houses includes the personal responsibility mandate. That is essential for bringing the health care costs down for everyone and getting everyone the health insurance they need," Romney says in the video.

In 2007, a bi-partisan Senate bill authored by Senators Bob Bennett, R-Utah, and Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, contained a mandate. In 2009, however, Republican senators declared such a provision “unconstitutional.”

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long | Fox News

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/assuring-affordable-health-care-for-all-americans

Obamacare stole from a Republican Think Tank , (priceless)

If only those GOP front runners only knew.:eek:
:lmao::lmao::lol:
From Fox, you conservatives love Fox , no? (side not Trump was all for universal healthcare in 2001)

politics

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long

Published June 28, 2012

FoxNews.com

The controversial individual mandate that was upheld Thursday by the U.S. Supreme Court stems back more than 20 years, believed to have originated with a prominent conservative think tank.

The mandate, requiring every American to purchase health insurance, appeared in a 1989 published proposal by Stuart M. Butler of the conservative Heritage Foundation called "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans," which included a provision to "mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance."

The Heritage Foundation "substantially revised" its proposal four years later, according to a 1994 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. But the idea of an individual health insurance mandate later appeared in two bills introduced by Republican lawmakers in 1993, according to the non-partisan research group ProCon.org. Among the supporters of the bills were senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who today oppose the mandate under current law.

In 2006, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who was then governor of Massachusetts, signed off on a law requiring individuals of the state to purchase health insurance. American Bridge 21st Century, a Democratic opposition research group, on Wednesday released a 2006 video in which Romney says he is “very pleased” with the mandate.

“With regards to the individual mandate, the individual responsibility program that I proposed, I was very pleased that the compromise between the two houses includes the personal responsibility mandate. That is essential for bringing the health care costs down for everyone and getting everyone the health insurance they need," Romney says in the video.

In 2007, a bi-partisan Senate bill authored by Senators Bob Bennett, R-Utah, and Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, contained a mandate. In 2009, however, Republican senators declared such a provision “unconstitutional.”

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long | Fox News

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/assuring-affordable-health-care-for-all-americans

Obamacare stole from a Republican Think Tank , (priceless)

If only those GOP front runners only knew.:eek:
:lmao::lmao::lol:

Dear Penelope:
This has been corrected already.

No, Obamacare Wasn't a "Republican" Proposal

Some differences include:
1. Difference between FEDERAL govt and STATE govt where the people have a vote
2. The difference between "CATASTROPHIC" coverage
VS federal govt mandating and regulating ALL levels and decisions for HEALTH CARE IN GENERAL,
including providers and financial requirements and penalties on citizens.

This is as different as banning abortion in the last trimester
vs. regulating sex, birth control, pregnancy and abortion at every step of the process,
including required terms and finances, all dictated by federal govt

You cannot say that is anywhere NEARLY the same.
If so, then you really do not understand the Republican/Conservative mindset or arguments.

NOTE: If anything, I would argue the REVERSE.
That the LIBERALS were already arguing for PROCHOICE before the Opposition to ACA.

The idea is the SAME: Prochoice liberals argue NOT to let politics and govt decide something
as personal and private as the choice of abortion since regulations would impose on privacy.

Now when the Opponents are arguing for FREE MARKET CHOICES and NOT having
GOVT dictate which choices to approve and which to penalize,
suddenly the Liberals act like this isn't the same thing as PROCHOICE arguments
against govt pushing "right to life" legislation.

Suddenly when it's "right to health care" legislation,
THEN it's okay for govt to regulate and restrict free choice?
What happened to the "FREE CHOICE" that was so important to protect
that even abortion could not be regulated or penalized.

the op is to much of a partisan HACK to read their stuff. they post something FROM 20 YEARS AGO like it's suppose to mean something. who can take them serious?

Oh so upset, send this info to your favorite GOP candidate and tell them.

Heritage is not the GOP and the article was written by a moron.

It was a response to Hillarycare just in case congress got serious.

You'll notice the Bush and Co. did nothing with it for six years (tell that to GOP congresscritter too).

But if you need the equivalent of a electronic vibrator to make yourself feel good...have at it.

Who really cares what Heritage puts up.

If they put up a plan to sterilize all blondes...would you go for that too ?

Links and citations would be easy to produce, if your claim were true. But it's not, is it? ;)

Don't waste your time.....those "primary sources" she kept drooling about never materialized.

And when asked for...the response is....you'll not read them any way (so why should I produce them....I'll just post stupid statements which you read...or you wouldn't ask for links and citations).

I stopped reading several weeks ago except when I see her quoted.

the op is to much of a partisan HACK to read their stuff. they post something FROM 20 YEARS AGO like it's suppose to mean something. who can take them serious?

You'll notice the Bush and Co. did nothing with it for six years (tell that to GOP congresscritter too).

But if you need the equivalent of a electronic vibrator to make yourself feel good...have at it.

Yes the Heritage Group was and is a GOP think tank. All these think tanks have an influence on congressmen. Ya know, isn't it just too bad that the GOP can never do anything, but cut everything , and increase military spending and ignite wars? Too bad the Democrats had to do something, like the ACA,

I guess the first to the base , wins, home run OBAMA. See that deal with Iran, don't you feel better that the world is a safer place, another home run for the Dems. I'll tell you the GOP are all mouth.

This is how stupid the Heritage Foundation is:

According to the 2016 Index of Economic Freedom, an annual publication by The Heritage Foundation, America’s economic freedom has tumbled. With losses of economic freedom in eight of the past nine years, the U.S. has tied its worst score ever, wiping out a decade of progress.

Scroll down to the bottom left of the link. Ha Ha.

Yes the Heritage Group was and is a GOP think tank. All these think tanks have an influence on congressmen. Ya know, isn't it just too bad that the GOP can never do anything, but cut everything , and increase military spending and ignite wars? Too bad the Democrats had to do something, like the ACA,

I guess the first to the base , wins, home run OBAMA. See that deal with Iran, don't you feel better that the world is a safer place, another home run for the Dems. I'll tell you the GOP are all mouth.

ROTFLMAO.......

Home Run Obama.......

That's funny.

Iran...I never felt unsafe to begin with.

I agree the GOP is all mouth.

The jackass party is the same.

Yes, the Heritage foundation really influenced congress to pass health care...the paper was written when ?

Health care was passed when ?

Awwwww.....seems your little fairy tale doesn't hold up.

Yes, the Heritage foundation really influenced congress to pass health care...the paper was written when ?

I'm still puzzled why Democrats in Congress take their marching orders from a GOP thinktank..

I'm still puzzled why Democrats in Congress take their marching orders from a GOP thinktank..

I'm guessing that if Heritage wrote a paper calling for the repeal of Roe v. Wade, that Nancy Pelosi would jump right on it.

Of course, then it would be Heritage who hit the home run....or Romney...after all....:dunno:

But the OP says they are all mouth (which I agree with....along with a bit of asshole).

Last edited:
This is how stupid the Heritage Foundation is:

According to the 2016 Index of Economic Freedom, an annual publication by The Heritage Foundation, America’s economic freedom has tumbled. With losses of economic freedom in eight of the past nine years, the U.S. has tied its worst score ever, wiping out a decade of progress.

Scroll down to the bottom left of the link. Ha Ha.

But...but...but....they wrote Obamacare.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You have to know that this nation's political wrong-wing is in terrible shape, when it puts forth a signature policy package that was scavenged from a conservative trashbin of rightfully rejected ideas, and then when that policy proves disastrous, tries to blame it on the conservatives who were wise to have trashed it in the first place.

The next time you hear or read someone mention that the Heritage Foundation conceived of the "individual mandate," one should reflect a bit, not on what is being said, but on what is being left out. We need to recognize that the Heritage Foundation:

1) Did not propose a mandate for routine health care.

2) Later withdrew all support of any type of a mandate.

3) Recognized that any such mandate is unconstitutional.

4) Argued to the Supreme Court (via briefs) that any such mandate was at odds with individual liberty.

From americanthinker

Forum List

Back