Obama's right

"I'm willing to wager more Muslim leaders have spoken out against this than Christians have against abortion clinic bombers but of course we hold them to different standards - only Muslims are required to exhibit some sort of majority population repudiation."

Hmmmm... a muslim leader that seems to disagree with POTUS and others that believe there are differing muslims!

erdogan-on-islam.png

So show me all the Christian leaders that have spoken out against abortion clinic bombings.

When was the last abortion clinic bombing.... there were muslim bombings today, would you like a partial list?

When Christian leaders speak out against atrocities do they represent the collective will of Christians?

No, but then again, people attribute those atrocities to the entire religion too. We have done an effective job and quelling such stereotypes. Islam? You don't see the people speaking, you see their leaders speaking.

It also doesn't help that members of their faith killed 3000 people. It has a pretty bad rap as it stands. That stigma needs to be removed, not by us, but by them. However, right now, we are at war with Islam.

The problem isn't Islam. It's extremism. There have been many that speak up against it but they are ignored every time. We are not at war with Islam because we ARE Islam. We ARE Christian. We ARE every religion on earth. We are American.

It's Islamic Extremism. You can sit there and think members of Islam aren't involved. They are. Just look at their name. Islamic State In Syria/Libya. They kill in the name of Islam, not any other faith. I mean if you can link the Crusaders killing in the name of Christianity, then it's easy to say that ISIS is doing this in the name of Islam. Plain and simple.
All Christians at the time were a part of and behind the Crusades, are all Muslim behind and a part of ISIS'S Islamic extremism?

Try reading a little on ''just war theory''

and lastly, The Lord sayeth, ''Vengence is mine.''

"I'm willing to wager more Muslim leaders have spoken out against this than Christians have against abortion clinic bombers but of course we hold them to different standards - only Muslims are required to exhibit some sort of majority population repudiation."

Hmmmm... a muslim leader that seems to disagree with POTUS and others that believe there are differing muslims!

erdogan-on-islam.png

So show me all the Christian leaders that have spoken out against abortion clinic bombings.

When was the last abortion clinic bombing.... there were muslim bombings today, would you like a partial list?

Can't answer the question?

When Christian leaders speak out against atrocities do they represent the collective will of Christians?

No, but then again, people attribute those atrocities to the entire religion too. We have done an effective job and quelling such stereotypes. Islam? You don't see the people speaking, you see their leaders speaking.

Just like Christianity, leaders speak for their followers. Polls, such as those by Pew, also speak.

erdogan-on-islam.png

Let's not get overconfident here. As it pertains to the Abortion clinic bombing in 1998 and the murder of George Tiller in 2009:

Fatal abortion clinic bombing condemned by pro-life leaders

Edit:

NCRegister The Shooting of George Tiller

So dictatorships are stable governments in your mind?
They can be, certainly! The South Korean government was a military dictatorship for years. Very stable, and very pro-U.S.

Ataturk, for all intents and purposes, was a dictator unifying a Turkey emerging from the dark ages. Very stable. Also a U.S. ally.

Mubarak was a dictator with a stable government for 30 years. Also a U.S. ally.

Saudi Arabia...do I need to continue?

It also doesn't help that members of their faith killed 3000 people. It has a pretty bad rap as it stands. That stigma needs to be removed, not by us, but by them. However, right now, we are at war with Islam.

The problem isn't Islam. It's extremism. There have been many that speak up against it but they are ignored every time. We are not at war with Islam because we ARE Islam. We ARE Christian. We ARE every religion on earth. We are American.

It's Islamic Extremism. You can sit there and think members of Islam aren't involved. They are. Just look at their name. Islamic State In Syria/Libya. They kill in the name of Islam, not any other faith. I mean if you can link the Crusaders killing in the name of Christianity, then it's easy to say that ISIS is doing this in the name of Islam. Plain and simple.
All Christians at the time were a part of and behind the Crusades, are all Muslim behind and a part of ISIS'S Islamic extremism?

Try reading a little on ''just war theory''

and lastly, The Lord sayeth, ''Vengence is mine.''

Check your own history before question others..

Also comparing ISIS to the Catholics in the crusades is nothing more than political grandstanding..

erdogan-on-islam.png

Let's not get overconfident here.

Cool. Two anti-abortion groups spoke against it. Where is the CHRISTIAN outcry? Religious leaders?

erdogan-on-islam.png

Can't find out WHEN ONE OCCURED to see if anyone said anything! Shall we go back to the Crusades???

So was Bush.

This isn't a war against Islam. It's a war against extremists. America is a country of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, athiests and those who's religions I don't know. By saying we are at war with Islam, we're saying we are at war with our own citizens solely because of their religion.

Obama is right about another thing. We can't fight ISIS, and other extremists, as a strictly military endeavor. It needs a holistic approach. This means getting at the root causes to prevent further extremist recruiting, this means involving communities both secular and religious.

Obama is also right about the level of our involvement. This is a struggle - a war within Islam - that can only be won by Muslims. If we, the West, step in beyond a supporting role - it will vindicate ISIS. ISIS, according to what I heard, is an Apocolyptic cult. If they can draw in the West, they will create the Apocolypse they desire. They will also draw sympathy to their cause because they will control the narrative and it's the same narrative that some here in the US are trying to propogate. The West vs. Islam.

That's the narrative that would lead to an Apocolypse. It's not the narrative we need or want. It's not the narrative Islam needs or wants. It only serves cults like ISIS. The Muslim majority countries in the ME must take the lead in any military endeavor - it's Muslims fighting extremists for the future of Islam. And we can only provide a supporting role, and we need to.

So, Obama is right. Bush is right. And kudus to both for holding to this truth.
Problem is, ISIS isn't filled with Jews, Hindus, or Christians. It's filled with 100% Muslims.

“If we, the West, step in beyond a supporting role - it will vindicate ISIS. ISIS, according to what I heard, is an Apocalyptic cult. If they can draw in the West, they will create the Apocalypse they desire. They will also draw sympathy to their cause because they will control the narrative and it's the same narrative that some here in the US are trying to propagate. The West vs. Islam.”

Exactly.

And the actions taken by ISIS – the beheadings, the burnings, and the propaganda videos – are specificity designed to lure Western nations, the United States in particular, into the conflict.

The president is indeed correct, and those who advocate sending American ground forces to 'defeat' ISIS are very much wrong.

erdogan-on-islam.png

Can't find out WHEN ONE OCCURED to see if anyone said anything! Shall we go back to the Crusades???

Still deflecting.

erdogan-on-islam.png

Still deflecting.

Still never answered my question, but you expect others to answers yours..

Still deflecting.

Still never answered my question, but you expect others to answers yours..

What question?

coyote said:
This isn't a war against Islam.

The last words uttered by every culture that succumbed to Islam. But what the hell... what's 1400 years of subserviency to a perverse cult?

Hello Pubes,

We survived the perverse cult of Christianity and domesticated it. I anticipate the same for Islam.

erdogan-on-islam.png

Let's not get overconfident here.

Cool. Two anti-abortion groups spoke against it. Where is the CHRISTIAN outcry? Religious leaders?

I love how you employ moral relativism here. Now go back and reread my post.

erdogan-on-islam.png

Still deflecting.

Show me the concern and outcry when a Pro Life protestor was shot and killed!

Da Mihi Animas Pro-life protester shot and killed in Michigan in apparent hate crime

Your HYPOCRISY is hereby noted!!!!

Forum List

Back