Obama's right

We are fighting Islamic extremists, who commit atrocities in the name of Islam. Call them what they are. We must respond with all deliberate force in conjunction with Jordan, Egypt, Japan, etc to crush the scourge of this world. ISIS is killing Christians, they beheaded two of our citizens. They won't stop until someone stops them.

We can debate semantics, our terminology, but until we stop, ISIS kills more people each day. And giving them a job isn't a wise idea.

Its not a game of cowboys and Indians.

Or a child's video game.

If President Obama publically states his approval of Egypt's actions against ISIS, he gives ISIS ammunition to claim Egypt is a puppet of the US. By simply not saying a thing, he gives Egypt far more support than by publically supporting Egypt. And I am willing to bet that Egypt is getting military support under the table from the US.

Apocalypse? Aren't you perhaps overstating your case a little bit?

No, TK. I heard a very interesting news bit on this - I will try to find it and link it. But ISIS is essentially an Apocolyptic cult.

Edited to add: here's one link What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

The Atlantic is a far left blog site, has been known to be a mouth piece for Obama, just like the Nytimes, Washing Post, Huffington post, Daily kos,, etc..
So, Kosh, you support ISIS?

No, TK. I heard a very interesting news bit on this - I will try to find it and link it. But ISIS is essentially an Apocolyptic cult.

You were worried that Americans were pushing an apocalyptic narrative. "The west vs. Islam." ISIS is a death cult. Until members of the Islamic faith adequately distance themselves from it, that narrative will continue.

So was Bush.

This isn't a war against Islam. It's a war against extremists. America is a country of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, athiests and those who's religions I don't know. By saying we are at war with Islam, we're saying we are at war with our own citizens solely because of their religion.

Obama is right about another thing. We can't fight ISIS, and other extremists, as a strictly military endeavor. It needs a holistic approach. This means getting at the root causes to prevent further extremist recruiting, this means involving communities both secular and religious.

Obama is also right about the level of our involvement. This is a struggle - a war within Islam - that can only be won by Muslims. If we, the West, step in beyond a supporting role - it will vindicate ISIS. ISIS, according to what I heard, is an Apocolyptic cult. If they can draw in the West, they will create the Apocolypse they desire. They will also draw sympathy to their cause because they will control the narrative and it's the same narrative that some here in the US are trying to propogate. The West vs. Islam.

That's the narrative that would lead to an Apocolypse. It's not the narrative we need or want. It's not the narrative Islam needs or wants. It only serves cults like ISIS. The Muslim majority countries in the ME must take the lead in any military endeavor - it's Muslims fighting extremists for the future of Islam. And we can only provide a supporting role, and we need to.

So, Obama is right. Bush is right. And kudus to both for holding to this truth.

The "60 Minutes" segment on ISIS last Sunday was very clarifying about what is considered the "hybrid" terrorist, such as the four that attacked Charlie Hebdo in Paris. These are people who had former lives as illegal drug-using, womanizing criminals with prior arrest records who were recruited by ISIS.

So it only makes sense that Obama has publicly denied them the right to portray themselves as religious activists acting by the will of their god, and has referred to them as what they truly are: terrorists. Sorry, Republicans, but Obama is spot on.

What Fox Won't Show You: Muslim Leaders Are Condemning The Paris Terror Attack

Research January 7, 2015 8:27 PM EST ››› OLIVIA KITTEL, CONNOR LAND, & LIS POWER

Fox figures have falsely suggested the Muslim community has not condemned the terror attack on the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, France despite the fact that Muslim leaders, advocacy groups and organizations, and leaders of Arab states have roundly denounced the attacks -- a fact that Fox reported on its website, but left off air.

So the far left Soros run far left blog site is your "facts"..

You were worried that Americans were pushing an apocalyptic narrative. "The west vs. Islam." ISIS is a death cult. Until members of the Islamic faith adequately distance themselves from it, that narrative will continue.

Not exactly. The way I see it - ISIS wants an apocolypse. Their actions - ever increasing atrocities (beheading and killing Americans, etc) is designed to draw us in to direct action against them to fulfill that narrative. Once we are drawn in, we risk giving them control of the narrative and turning it into Islam vs The West. Islam is distancing themselves from ISIS and have been for some time, but those countries need to take decisive military steps as well as religious steps. They are doing so increasingly.

It also doesn't help that members of their faith killed 3000 people. It has a pretty bad rap as it stands. That stigma needs to be removed, not by us, but by them. However, right now, we are at war with Islam.

The Atlantic is a far left blog site, has been known to be a mouth piece for Obama, just like the Nytimes, Washing Post, Huffington post, Daily kos,, etc..

No the far left supports ISIS, which means you!

It is after all what you voted for..

"adequately"

They're already bombing them, speaking out against them.

I wonder what could ever be "adequate" for you low-info Fox dupes.

Seriously, that's just a dumb thing to say.

It also doesn't help that members of their faith killed 3000 people. It has a pretty bad rap as it stands. That stigma needs to be removed, not by us, but by them. However, right now, we are at war with Islam.

The problem isn't Islam. It's extremism. There have been many that speak up against it but they are ignored every time. We are not at war with Islam because we ARE Islam. We ARE Christian. We ARE every religion on earth. We are American.

If President Obama publically states his approval of Egypt's actions against ISIS, he gives ISIS ammunition to claim Egypt is a puppet of the US. By simply not saying a thing, he gives Egypt far more support than by publically supporting Egypt. And I am willing to bet that Egypt is getting military support under the table from the US.

Wrong! But that is par for the course a far left drone..

The US gave Egypt many military assets even during the over throw of the government by the military.

:bsflag:

Do you have a link showing that the "far left" supports ISIS? If not, then that's ok. I'll just add you to the Roster of Retarded.

Not exactly. The way I see it - ISIS wants an apocolypse. Their actions - ever increasing atrocities (beheading and killing Americans, etc) is designed to draw us in to direct action against them to fulfill that narrative. Once we are drawn in, we risk giving them control of the narrative and turning it into Islam vs The West. Islam is distancing themselves from ISIS and have been for some time, but those countries need to take decisive military steps as well as religious steps. They are doing so increasingly.

So, you suggest that we let them behead our citizens without defending them? Jordan and Egypt didn't blink twice before bombing the snot out of their so called capital. So if we care about our people, the narrative be damned, it is time to defend the honor of our citizens.

No they do not want apocalypse they want their religious brand to be the ruling religion across the world.

All who do not comply will be wiped out!

So, you suggest that we let them behead our citizens without defending them? Jordan and Egypt didn't blink twice before bombing the snot out of their so called capital. So if we care about our people, the narrative be damned, it is time to defend the honor of our citizens.

I think that Muslim countries MUST take the lead. Our role should be supporting. I think tha tis the only way to win in the long run.

By the way - don't you think it's about time Egypt and Jordan and hopefully other countries there stepped up to the plate?

Do you have a link showing that the "far left" supports ISIS? If not, then that's ok. I'll just add you to the Roster of Retarded.

Yes the far left supports ISIS!

I guess Old Rocks has a link that I support ISIS, want to show that bias anymore than you do?

Certainly the far left is not trying to stop the spread and Obama is far left.

So yes anyone that voted for Obama supports ISIS.

ISIS is spreading like wild fire and the far left just claims it's Bush's fault.

So yes they support ISIS running their programmed narratives..

The problem isn't Islam. It's extremism. There have been many that speak up against it but they are ignored every time. We are not at war with Islam because we ARE Islam. We ARE Christian. We ARE every religion on earth. We are American.

You can sugarcoat it all you like. But the words "Islam" and "Christian l are not part of Obama's vocabulary.

No, Kosh, you lying asshole, I voted for the man that ordered Bin Laden served the justice he so richly deserved. I voted for the man that has Warthogs dealing death to the adherants of the cult of death that is ISIS. I vote for the President small enough to know not to give ISIS reason to blame the US totally for it's failure.

Forum List

Back