Obama's economy is doing AWESOME

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Don't seem to have that recession leftists are longing for. Someday, rational people understand why moderate recessions are important.

In the meantime the market remains great despite all the rhetoric. My son completed some employment business online, and a few dozen employers responded asking for an interview. He interviews with FedEx next week.

So way to go Obama, what a guy.

Take a while to reach recession. At least three consecutive quarters of negative GDP

bush 43 waited until AFTER the 2008 election before he admitted we were in a recession

I doubt Crooked Donnie would ever admit it

Take a while to reach recession. At least three consecutive quarters of negative GDP

bush 43 waited until AFTER the 2008 election before he admitted we were in a recession

While you leftist-long for a recession, you might do your homework before blurting out statistics. Or you can continue to look foolish, which seems to be your comfort zone.

"Obama's" Ecomoney, Date Value
Jun 30, 2019 2.29%
Mar 31, 2019 2.65%
Dec 31, 2018 2.52%
Sep 30, 2018 3.13%
Jun 30, 2018 3.20%
Mar 31, 2018 2.86%
Dec 31, 2017 2.80%
Sep 30, 2017 2.42%
Jun 30, 2017 2.16%
Mar 31, 2017 2.10%
Dec 31, 2016 2.03%

remind me...

who held Congress in 2007?

remind me...

Just cracks me up too, fucking progs are so silly. Ah it's BUSH"s fault. Not a fucking word the Democrats controlled congress when we dove into the recession, and when we hit rock bottom too.

Is it safe to say leftists are simpletons, and can't see further than what they're instructed to think by the media?

Don't seem to have that recession leftists are longing for. Someday, rational people understand why moderate recessions are important.

In the meantime the market remains great despite all the rhetoric. My son completed some employment business online, and a few dozen employers responded asking for an interview. He interviews with FedEx next week.

I love a feel good story.

• 2nd Qtr GDP just downgraded to 2.0%
  • Treasury Bond yields at record lows
  • Fed had to cut rates 25bps
  • Market wants another 50bps
  • Both consumer debt and corporate debt getting up there
The economy is pretty good, but there are some clear points of weakness. 50/50 right now as to which direction we go.

Only wingers would say the economy is awesome. Only wingers would say we're in a recession.

Wingers have no credibility, and that's no more true than on this topic.

To be fair @WTH_Progs

Obama did inspire many more people to start participating and paying attention to govt, politics, media and public policy more directly than ever before.

Even where people might start off with the immature motivation of thinking govt should take care of their social issues, as opposed to learning the business and management skills to govern resources and policies directly, the first step is to even understand that govt policy does affect the people individually and in our work and community.

That first step is necessary before all the rest can be learned over time from there on.

There is a long road ahead with the education and experience necessary before people can become self-governing.

Obama pushed more people to start participating and looking into govt and the democratic process, who never thought any of that mattered, applied to them, or had anything to offer where they should even bother.

Trump has pushed this even further, inciting more people on all sides to vocally and actively express and seek their beliefs and goals instead of letting other people and groups push their way only. Then Cortez and the other minority/progressive Congress reps followed suit by pushing their propaganda in the public media to try to take control of the narrative.

With the LGBT issues pushed into public policy even though only a fraction of a percent of the population, this also opened the door for even more individuals and minorities (not just Black Conservatives but Latino leaders who have never been heard before while Democrats claimed a monopoly on representing the narrative in the media)

I don't agree with what Obama established, abusing govt to push beliefs about LGBT and health care that are personal choice and not the authority or jursidiction of govt to decide.
I believe those policies to be unconstitutional and a violation of govt oath and office.

However, the positive effects it has had was the more active participation of people compelled to defend their representation against the threat of further infringement.

If groups as small in number as the LGBT can fight for equal inclusion in public policy, then all groups should be equally supported and defended from discrimination or exclusion.

I believe Obama helped usher in this need for direct representation and self-govt in order to achieve the goals the right way, not the way it was pushed through govt which is backwards.

The people need to take back responsibility, Obama forced this responsibility on people, and Trump and the other leaders rising in reaction are all coming out because of the push and even "overreaching" abuse of govt and party politics that is Obama's legacy, for better or worse. In the end, more good will come of it, even though the abuses of his govt administration and authority were still wrong, and he and his colleagues must still answer for those in order to correct the violations imposed at the expense of taxpayers and the public.

The economy is pretty good, but there are some clear points of weakness. 50/50 right now as to which direction we go.

Only wingers would say the economy is awesome. Only wingers would say we're in a recession.

I give, what's a winger?

When a president enacts a policy that has a direct impact on the economy, that is when it becomes theirs. It became Trump's economy in Jan 2018 when he got his tax plan passed. It was further cemented as Trump's economy when he started his trade war with China in the summer of 2018.

The only people I hear call it "Obama's economy" are conservatives who are trying to deflect.

A recession is a “when” not an “if”. No President can change the boom/bust cycle of the economy.

When a president enacts a policy that has a direct impact on the economy, that is when it becomes theirs. It became Trump's economy in Jan 2018 when he got his tax plan passed. It was further cemented as Trump's economy when he started his trade war with China in the summer of 2018.

The only people I hear call it "Obama's economy" are conservatives who are trying to deflect.

Ah, conservatives are deflecting cuz Trump is so bad I suppose.

Praise Obama, oh praise Obama. Not even Trump can tear down the greatness built by Obama.

I give, what's a winger?
Right wing or left wing extremists

Nope. I think it was something Eisenhower fucking did. How stupid are you liberals? Perhaps we can go back to Calvin Coolidge. It’s what Calvin Coolidge did that our economy is taking off. You idiots refuse to give Trump credit. Moronic post.

remind me...

Still trying to pass the buck on the Great Bush Recession of 2008?

You can’t point to a single piece of legislation passed in .2007 that could have impacted a recession

remind me...

You can’t point to a single piece of legislation passed in .2007 that could have impacted a recession
As I recall “credit swaps” started under Clinton administration in order to put more minorities into home ownership. Banking crisis of 2008 was caused by liberals.

remind me...

exactly my point.

Recession started in December, 11 months after dems took both houses.

and not ONE bill to stop/slow it.

"At least three consecutive quarters of negative GDP"

WHO was in charge of the checkbook during those 3 quarters?

Bush SIGNED the budgets, he didn't WRITE them.

Mac, calling everyone you disagree with a "winger" is getting old. Find some new schtick.

Mac, calling everyone you disagree with a "winger" is getting old. Find some new schtick.
I don't like wingers.

If you don't like that, tough shit.

Forum List

Back