ObamaCare- Mandate is Constitutional as a Tax, etc.

And just to lighten the mood a bit, here's a gem of a picture I found elsewhere on the internets today, and decided to have some fun with it.

motivator6138c54bac99acd957ee66ce6c8005f2f672247d.jpg

Maybe I am missing something. It looks to me like they also Decided that States can Opt out of Obamacare, Which Effectively Makes the Bill meaningless. I mean 26 states sued over it, If they can opt out, I assume they will.

It means they remain in Medicaid, but do not have to accept the expanded Medicaid requirements without losing the whole package. The taxing portions is constitutional, and the rest of the provisions survived.

That is what the whole thing was about. That those who don't have insurance would be put on Medicare and Medicaid, when 26 or more states opt out of that expansion, the 30 or 40 million uninsured will still have no insurance. The funding for the expansion goes away and the Health Care Act falls becasue it will not have the money needed for it.
Although some state legislatures may consider opting out of the Medicaid expansion, I doubt any will. If any states refuses to expand Medicaid they will be rejecting nearly free federal money. This would be equivalent to saying that government health insurance for low-income people is so undesirable that the state is not even willing to pay ten cents on the dollar for it. This expansion of Medicaid would bring health insurance to millions of voters which makes it even less likely any state would follow this course.

Maybe I am missing something. It looks to me like they also Decided that States can Opt out of Obamacare, Which Effectively Makes the Bill meaningless. I mean 26 states sued over it, If they can opt out, I assume they will.

It means they remain in Medicaid, but do not have to accept the expanded Medicaid requirements without losing the whole package. The taxing portions is constitutional, and the rest of the provisions survived.

That is what the whole thing was about. That those who don't have insurance would be put on Medicare and Medicaid, when 26 or more states opt out of that expansion, the 30 or 40 million uninsured will still have no insurance. The funding for the expansion goes away and the Health Care Act falls becasue it will not have the money needed for it.

The 30 or 40 mm still have to be insured. The pressure is on the health insurance industry now and Congress. The ACA remains and your analysis fails.

TAx increase for all except the leeches. Yay team.

You fucking idiot. It's the leeches who'll be forced to purchase health insurance. Are you really this fucking stupid?

You lie sir. The leeches will be exempt, up to a certtain income level and including the unemployed. Christ on a crutch, who the fuck is ever going to want a job?

Yup. The powers-that-be are making it more and more complicated to hold a job ... or provide a job.

LOL. The other side of the coin is that it can, and should be, used to establish a single payer universal health care system based on an income tax on all income. A system that emphasizes preventive care rather than trips to the emergency room. A system, like those in Japan and Germany, that would require Health Insurance Companies, to be non-profits.

This will lower costs for all, with much better results, as we have seen in the other industrial nations.

So how about all of the ambulance chasers, how about government taking over the law industry?

A House vote for repeal is set for July 9.

you think they're getting 2/3 vote to repeal in both the house and senate?

really?

didn't the wackadoodles try this in february, 2011?

If there is a new President, then why would we need a 2/3rd's repeal vote?

We will need a new President AND an anti-ACA majority in both the House and Senate. The House has already voted once to repeal ACA. Harry Reid would not bring the measure up for a vote in the Senate. Harry Reid hasn't brought up for a vote ANY legislation passed by the House, at least any legislation of any consequence, since the GOP regained a House majority in 2010.

So, we will need to get rid of Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader.

The mandate under the Commerce Clause is unconstitutional. The mandate as a tax is okay. l]

Congress: ‘It’s Not a Tax.’ SCOTUS: ‘Yes It Is.’

Posted by Michael F. Cannon

The Supreme Court ruled that ObamaCare’s individual mandate is not constitutional under the Commerce Power, which was how Congress framed the mandate to avoid a political backlash from calling it a tax. Congress and the president swore up and down that the mandate was not a tax. Yet the Court upheld the mandate as a valid use of that disavowed taxing power. What Congress said the individual mandate is, the Court said is not constitutional. What Congress said the mandate is not, the Court ruled is constitutional. Everybody got that?

Where does that leave us?

The Supreme Court just enacted a law that Congress never would have passed.
The Court just told Congress it is okay to lie to the people to avoid political accountability.

Michael F. Cannon • June 28, 2012 @ 11:58 am

and there it is.

early notes say the Mandate is Constitutional as a Tax........ if I recall Obama said it wasn't a tax......:eusa_eh:

well, its all over but the crying.

The system is the system, life goes on.

Reminder to self, pick up the Rosetta Stone module for French:lol:

yeah, cause the French don't have universal health care, free college...

and there it is.

early notes say the Mandate is Constitutional as a Tax........ if I recall Obama said it wasn't a tax......:eusa_eh:

Could that be the reason that France now boasts one of the strongest economies in the EU? Why it recovered from the recession far more quickly than most of the others. Why it now is within 1% of where it was before the big crash?

you think they're getting 2/3 vote to repeal in both the house and senate?

really?

didn't the wackadoodles try this in february, 2011?

If there is a new President, then why would we need a 2/3rd's repeal vote?

We will need a new President AND an anti-ACA majority in both the House and Senate. The House has already voted once to repeal ACA. Harry Reid would not bring the measure up for a vote in the Senate. Harry Reid hasn't brought up for a vote ANY legislation passed by the House, at least any legislation of any consequence, since the GOP regained a House majority in 2010.

So, we will need to get rid of Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader.

what you really need is a reality check

:thewave:

To overturn it now is going to require a GOP president, a GOP house, and 60 GOP senators.

In return for his signature, Romney will require a national form of romneycare. Count on it.

and there it is.

Could that be the reason that France now boasts one of the strongest economies in the EU? Why it recovered from the recession far more quickly than most of the others. Why it now is within 1% of where it was before the big crash?

Links for your assertions, please.

Links for your assertions, please.

Assertion? She asked a question.

Forum List

Back