Obama To Relax Military Standards: Turbans, Jewelry, Tattoos, Beards To Be Tolerated

i'm a 20 year veteran and retired. The president has nothing to do with uniform standards, but thanks for putting your ods on display again. It's amusing.

you licked twat before during and after active duty - behind a curtain, against the regs. You're nothing more than a dishonorable douche. So, fuck you.

before, never...during and after...hell to the yeah i did. Same reg you violated if you licked any twat or had your peewee sucked. How dishonorable you hypocrite. :lol:

rlmao!!!!!!

He's turning the military upside down. No uniformity and they all have to adhere to his pro-homosexual agenda.

They haven't been able to inspect their rooms since they started the 1st Sgt's program Sept. of 09'. These days you can walk into a barracks room and find piles of dirty cloths and beer cans all over the place. Sometimes the smell greets you before you enter the room. It's pretty pathetic.

First Sergeant's Barracks Initiative rolls out across IMCOM-Europe | Article | The United States Army

When I was in the Navy I had a Beard, no biggy. If you where on sea duty or on sub duty you could wear a beard.

The ONLY reason it was no biggie was because your commanding officer issued standing orders not to worry about certain portions of the UCMJ.

That's not quite the same thing as the UCMJ being changed to accommodate.

Pretty soon our military is going to be made up of the gangs off our streets. It will of course be weaker.

Wellington said of his superb infantry that they were recruited from "the scum of the earth". "I don't know about the enemy but, by God, they frighten me!"

When I was in the Navy I had a Beard, no biggy. If you where on sea duty or on sub duty you could wear a beard.

The ONLY reason it was no biggie was because your commanding officer issued standing orders not to worry about certain portions of the UCMJ.

For years the Navy personnel and naval personnel in USMC units had the option of wearing beards.

It had nothing to do with "the UCMJ being changed".

what you can NOT do is change the uniform. Quite simple. You are to wear the uniform as it is intended to be worn.

Part of the uniform is the headgear.

The way I see it, if your religion requires you to wear a turban and thus NOT wear issued headgear, then don't join the military.

Just like if the job requirements include having to work on Saturdays and you are an Orthodox Jew, don't apply for the job.

If the job pays 12 an hour and you want a minimum of 20 an hour, don't apply for the job.

I don't mind the beard thing. I do mind changing the uniform to accommodate. A consistant look is part of the pride of our military.

I'm a 20 year veteran and retired. The President has nothing to do with uniform standards, but thanks for putting your ODS on display again. It's amusing.

You licked twat before during and after active duty - behind a curtain, against the regs. You're nothing more than a dishonorable douche. So, fuck you.

Before, never...during and after...hell to the yeah I did. Same reg you violated if you licked any twat or had your peewee sucked. How dishonorable you hypocrite. :lol:

I NEVER had my peewee sucked while active.

But God knows I tried!

what you can NOT do is change the uniform. Quite simple. You are to wear the uniform as it is intended to be worn.

The way I see it, if your religion requires you to wear a turban and thus NOT wear issued headgear, then don't join the military.

Just like if the job requirements include having to work on Saturdays and you are an Orthodox Jew, don't apply for the job.

If the job pays 12 an hour and you want a minimum of 20 an hour, don't apply for the job.

I don't mind the beard thing. I do mind changing the uniform to accommodate. A consistant look is part of the pride of our military.

Since you, Jarhead, are not part of Congress or the committees that write the regulations, kindly fuck off. You don't know better.

Since you, Jarhead, are not part of Congress or the committees that write the regulations, kindly fuck off. You don't know better.

lol.

Actually, I tend to believe I know better as my decisions are from the heart and head whereas every member of congress tosses in what they think will be politically expedient.

Sadly, people like you are convinced that congress ALWAYS knows what is best for you.

Thus why you are who you are Sparky...and afraid to admit it.

Oh yeah...This is a debate forum. Opinions are accepted.....

Unless they disagree with yours. Then you feel the need to say "fuck off".

Cya Sparky.

WTF are you talking about,

The Navy ban on beards on Naval installations and operational vessels, including its submarine fleet, was reinstated in 1984 by CNO James D. Watkins.[17][19] This rule is generally ignored onboard deployed submarines.

The U.S. Coast Guard allowed beards until 1986, when they were banned by Commandant Admiral Paul Yost. The majority of police forces in the United States still ban their officers from wearing beards. Moustaches however, are generally allowed in both the military and police forces (except for those undergoing basic training).

Those with skin conditions such as pseudofolliculitis barbae or severe acne are allowed to maintain short facial hair with the permission of a doctor or medic, but no shaping is allowed, only trimming with an electric razor, or approved regular razor. 1/8 of an inch is usually the limit for this condition.

Additionally, for almost a decade, ending with a "deauthorization" order that took effect on September 7, 2010, many Special Forces members in Afghanistan were allowed to wear beards.[20]

You licked twat before during and after active duty - behind a curtain, against the regs. You're nothing more than a dishonorable douche. So, fuck you.

Before, never...during and after...hell to the yeah I did. Same reg you violated if you licked any twat or had your peewee sucked. How dishonorable you hypocrite. :lol:

I NEVER had my peewee sucked while active.

But God knows I tried!

I hope you weren't in long. ;)

The following statement of a social aberration Actually, I tend to believe I know better as my decisions are from the heart and head whereas every member of congress tosses in what they think will be politically expedient.

Sadly, you don't know what I think Sadly, people like you are convinced that congress ALWAYS knows what is best for you.

I admit I am a clear sighted thinker and doer :lol: Thus why you are who you are Sparky...and afraid to admit it.

Having to be clean shaven is for a reason.

How are you going to seal a gas mask with a beard? Answer, you won't, you gonna die.

So religious displays that incorporate other faiths along with Christianity is somehow wrong.

Uh huh.

so, religious displays are now ok? what if one of the squad members is a atheist? :eusa_whistle:

You could always display some religious apparel while in uniform.

I don't recall you could wear crosses etc. that were visible, unless you were a member of the chaplain service, I told more than one of my squad/platoon members to pull in their crosses peace signs etc. behind their t shirt and if it didn't stay to take it off. In 13 years I cannot recall one marine/soldier ever wearing a pin-cross/star of david etc etc .....

one of the purposes of a uniform is a form of structural/egalitarian cohesiveness, there is no I in team, no individuals so to speak or individualism aside from your name tag and awards. Your beliefs are your concern and the military has in fact taken steps to make a point of that especially when it regards religious/sexual mores etc. as of late... I really don't see the purpose of this.

Forum List

Back