Obama To Relax Military Standards: Turbans, Jewelry, Tattoos, Beards To Be Tolerated

Is this the same Allen West that was kicked out of the military?

Cop out answer. You have no opinion on whether we should keep the current military uniforms.

It's like some automatically trash the source and disregard the issue.

I think it's a bad idea. Jewelry, turbans and such can pose dangers on the job. Anyone know who pushed for this change? I suspect it was Muslims in the military because they refuse to blend in anywhere. If any person's religion would prevent them from conforming, they should never have joined the military in the first place. I have the same issues with women who wanted standards for physical strength lowered for them.

Meet the standards or don't join.

Not a cop out. It's a McGarrett thread so it's really about hating Muslims not uniforms.

The military is a volunteer force.

If the uniforms and grooming standards conflict with your particular superstitions then don't join.

It really is as simple as that.

With this relaxation of the rules, we will get away from our 'uniformity and conformity' that makes the United States Military unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force. Lt. Col. Alan West makes a great case of why this is all wrong. I agree with him. Do you?

Military ?Relaxing? Uniform Regulations Because Feelings » The Right Scoop -

Obama is like the guest you invite into your home who proceeds to defecate on the floor and on the counter tops and then goes from room to room befouling each corner of your home as he goes.

Nothing will stop him until he craps everywhere in the house or until he is forced OUT!

We must stop him* before he shits again!

* - Peacefully and legally.

If the uniforms and grooming standards conflict with your particular superstitions then don't join.

Let's change Spiderman's outfit to include ruffled skirts and feathered boa's.

It would be Peter Parker's choice to wear it or not.

With this relaxation of the rules, we will get away from our 'uniformity and conformity' that makes the United States Military unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force. Lt. Col. Alan West makes a great case of why this is all wrong. I agree with him. Do you?

Military ?Relaxing? Uniform Regulations Because Feelings » The Right Scoop -

Totally a disaster. Started with girly hats for all and now this. The rank and file within the uniformed services is pretty tired of Obama's act

-Geaux

Cop out answer. You have no opinion on whether we should keep the current military uniforms.

I think it's a bad idea. Jewelry, turbans and such can pose dangers on the job. Anyone know who pushed for this change? I suspect it was Muslims in the military because they refuse to blend in anywhere. If any person's religion would prevent them from conforming, they should never have joined the military in the first place. I have the same issues with women who wanted standards for physical strength lowered for them.

I agree. The military has no 'individualism' for a reason. But hey, if some want to 'stand out' they need to remember they are the first target

-Geaux

Not a cop out. It's a McGarrett thread so it's really about hating Muslims not uniforms.

You seem like the type of poster who'd rescue a beautiful "poor half frozen snake" from freezing then be surprised and angry when the poisonous reptile bit you to death.

Let's change Spiderman's outfit to include ruffled skirts and feathered boa's.

It would be Peter Parker's choice to wear it or not.

And I would choose not to.

Problem solved.

Look people you all have the right to practice your religious superstitions if you want to.

BUT people don't have to make accommodations for your superstitions.

The military should be concerned with one thing and one thing only and that is the effectiveness of it's members in times of war. It seems to me strict standards not only promote discipline but cohesion as well.

It's the same as some idiot applying for and accepting a job in a fucking deli then saying he can't touch bacon because of his stupid superstitions. The deli owner should not have to accommodate the idiot by changing the way he does business.

i agree with you......, BUT ! i have a problem with "JOIN", the Military ACCEPTED them, which was a bad idea in the first place, the non-conformers should have been "weeded" out during boot camp.

just my OPINION !!

He's turning the military upside down. No uniformity and they all have to adhere to his pro-homosexual agenda.

They haven't been able to inspect their rooms since they started the 1st Sgt's program Sept. of 09'. These days you can walk into a barracks room and find piles of dirty cloths and beer cans all over the place. Sometimes the smell greets you before you enter the room. It's pretty pathetic.

http://www.army.mil/article/27092/first-sergeants-barracks-initiative-rolls-out-across-imcom-europe/

Forum List

Back