Obama To Relax Military Standards: Turbans, Jewelry, Tattoos, Beards To Be Tolerated

So what makes right wingers such fucking tards? When I was in the military, one of my roomies was a "Sikh".

images

It's called "Freedom of Religion".

Even Silly Sgt will agree with me on this one.

You are free practice your religion on your own time.

Tell me how do you get a helmet to fit properly over a turban?

If you want to join the military then you should have to conform to the standards. If the standards don't jive with your religion then you are 100% free not to sign up.

No body goes into battle in a turban. Duh!

But you are not always in a battle. Double Duh!

Jesus Christ, protect us from your sheeple.

uh huh,....

Sikh-soldiers-British-Army_Operation_Crusader1.jpg

punjab1.jpg

you know who they are, where they are?

Uh, shitstain...he does pretend to play CINC, so his "political appointees" to various SES positions within the Pentagon are doing his dirty work lowering standards, allowing gays to openly flaunt their asses, cutting the DoD budget to pieces, taking away medical benefits, soon to be taking away the commissary, etc....

Oh, go fuck yourself.

Why do I have a feeling that not a single nutter read the actual directive?

Accommodation of Religious Practices Within the Military Services

Why do I get the feeling that libtard whack jobs don't get the point that this shouldn't even be an issue?

Mainly because they themselves haven't served in the military and for the most part just hate it.

That's why they have zero comprehension as to why this is such a FUCKED UP IDEA. The filthy little muslim bubble head in the white house has never served a day, so he thinks he can fuck with the military to fit his nasty little pro homo, islamic agenda.

There has never been a more ANTI AMERICAN president in the history of this nation, and anyone who voted for that dick licking little turd obama should be horse whipped.

I'm a 20 year veteran and retired. The President has nothing to do with uniform standards, but thanks for putting your ODS on display again. It's amusing.

The military is a volunteer force.

If the uniforms and grooming standards conflict with your particular superstitions then don't join.

It really is as simple as that.

Let's change Spiderman's outfit to include ruffled skirts and feathered boa's.

It would be Peter Parker's choice to wear it or not.

It really is as simple as that.

Peter Parker is a private citizen, not a member of the military. False equivalency fail

Marines might have a problem but it seems that the USMC Commandant appointed by Hussein has never commanded ground Troops so watch out Marines. Army...who knows?

Not a cop out. It's a McGarrett thread so it's really about hating Muslims not uniforms.

You seem like the type of poster who'd rescue a beautiful "poor half frozen snake" from freezing then be surprised and angry when the poisonous reptile bit you to death.

This makes no sense.

Once you are dead you can be neither surprised or angry.

And it makes no sense because it makes no sense.

When you join the military you agree to be governed by the UCMJ and voluntarily suspend your Constitutional rights. Now the UCMJ allows certain rights and certainly it can change, but some of you people obviously don't know a damned thing you are talking about. Your RIGHTS do not matter when you're in the military, they simply don't apply.

Bull shit. There are lots of Sikhs in the military. They wear their long hair wound up inside their usually OD green turban. Their beards are neatly trimmed. Some curl long beards under their chin.
I helped my roomie with his turban holding it when he wound it around his head. One good wind lasted about a week. Then he would unwind it, wash it and rewind.

In the field, he wore a helmet just like everyone else. He worked as the Col's driver when on duty. I was 82C and a forward observer and then moved to S2 Headquarter's battery.

I thought you were in the MP's?:eusa_eh:

anyway...

what year was this you had your sikh roommate?

how many sikhs are in the military anyway? lot ..as in??btw?

imho uniformity and what that encompasses in a military setting is put off kilter by the individual display of (a) religious artifact, wearing of religious garb of any sort for any sect. , basically anything unassociated with the/of military....*shrugs* I don't see why this is even an issue. This is not an issue of conscientiousness imho.

and although I don't have an issue with this as long as it out of sight, I can still see the body piercing/body art thing becoming a problem :lol:

I am frankly surprised at some of the folks here sppt.ing this, I thought all displays/celebrations/signs of faith/religion were/should be verboten, heck even during Christm- oops, I mean the winter holiday :eusa_eh:......*shrugs*

Headquarters Battery, 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division. 1975 to 1979.

My friend, Rajpal (pronounced rahg paul) had to go in front of a board and answer questions about his religion. After that, the board voted. One board member who asked the most questions was a Lt. Col. and a Sikh and wore a turban.

Sikhs in the U.S. Military

In 1981, the U.S. Army banned “conspicuous” articles of faith for its service members. However, Sikhs and other soldiers of faith who were part of the army before the 1981 rule change were allowed to stay.

You are free practice your religion on your own time.

Tell me how do you get a helmet to fit properly over a turban?

If you want to join the military then you should have to conform to the standards. If the standards don't jive with your religion then you are 100% free not to sign up.

uh huh,....

punjab1.jpg

Clearly they aren't in the US Military.

Glad I am retired.
Obama has turned the military into one giant "queerfest" social experiment.

I knew gay guys when I was in the military and I was in from 1975 to 1979. In fact, if you were in the military and didn't know any gays or didn't know of any gays, you are the only one I ever heard of. I think it probably just mattered how tolerant your unit was. Many straight guys just don't give a shit. As long as you don't make a pass at them, they simply don't care.

And then it probably depends on the gays. There was this black guy and this white guy who I'm sure were boyfriends. We used to have barracks parties sometimes on the weekend. We would be drinking and playing cards and joking in one of the big rooms. Music playing. A LOT of laughing. So these two guys would sit together, leaning all over each other. So why didn't anyone say anything?

The white guy looked kinda like this:

brocklesnar200x250.jpg

The black guy was even bigger. And they were tough. These guys love the military. But I suspect they loved each other even more.

Why do I have a feeling that not a single nutter read the actual directive?

Accommodation of Religious Practices Within the Military Services

Why do I get the feeling that libtard whack jobs don't get the point that this shouldn't even be an issue?

Mainly because they themselves haven't served in the military and for the most part just hate it.

That's why they have zero comprehension as to why this is such a FUCKED UP IDEA. The filthy little muslim bubble head in the white house has never served a day, so he thinks he can fuck with the military to fit his nasty little pro homo, islamic agenda.

There has never been a more ANTI AMERICAN president in the history of this nation, and anyone who voted for that dick licking little turd obama should be horse whipped.

That's right. In the entire military, no libtards. John Kerry and Howard Zinn serving combat positions? Lies, lies and more lies.

so, religious displays are now ok? what if one of the squad members is a atheist? :eusa_whistle:

You could always display some religious apparel while in uniform.

I don't recall you could wear crosses etc. that were visible, unless you were a member of the chaplain service, I told more than one of my squad/platoon members to pull in their crosses peace signs etc. behind their t shirt and if it didn't stay to take it off. In 13 years I cannot recall one marine/soldier ever wearing a pin-cross/star of david etc etc .....

one of the purposes of a uniform is a form of structural/egalitarian cohesiveness, there is no I in team, no individuals so to speak or individualism aside from your name tag and awards. Your beliefs are your concern and the military has in fact taken steps to make a point of that especially when it regards religious/sexual mores etc. as of late... I really don't see the purpose of this.

Then you aren't recalling correctly.

10 U.S. CODE § 774 - RELIGIOUS APPAREL: WEARING WHILE IN UNIFORM
(a) General Rule.— Except as provided under subsection (b), a member of the armed forces may wear an item of religious apparel while wearing the uniform of the member’s armed force.

(b) Exceptions.— The Secretary concerned may prohibit the wearing of an item of religious apparel—

(1) in circumstances with respect to which the Secretary determines that the wearing of the item would interfere with the performance of the member’s military duties; or
(2) if the Secretary determines, under regulations under subsection (c), that the item of apparel is not neat and conservative.

(c) Regulations.— The Secretary concerned shall prescribe regulations concerning the wearing of religious apparel by members of the armed forces under the Secretary’s jurisdiction while the members are wearing the uniform. Such regulations shall be consistent with subsections (a) and (b).

(d) Religious Apparel Defined.— In this section, the term “religious apparel” means apparel the wearing of which is part of the observance of the religious faith practiced by the member.

A really stupid OP quoting a failed rw nutter who was thrown out of the military AND congress.

An attack on the First Amendment.

Americans fantasizing about shooting Americans.

Some things never change.

Carry on.

Yeah because no one else shoots at American soldiers.

Tell me do you think some enemy soldier looking down the barrel of a rifle was told by the enemy commanding officer not to target a big old turban because it would be a violation of the rights of the guy wearing it?

Post proof that turbans are worn in combat by American troops.

Besides, if Obama gets his way, our people will never see old fashioned combat again anyway. In case you haven't noticed, he's moved into the 21st century and hopefully, future presidents will also refuse to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people just to prove to daddy that he has balls.

Note that I wrote if because we're not out of Afghanistan yet and the Rs don't want us out.

Anyway, post proof that turbans are worn in combat by American troops.

The commander and chief does not want us out of Afghanistan if he did we would be, it really is that simple. Would love for one of you computer geeks to post the race # of all that have died in the Afgan war. I have my thoughts on it but they are not stats.

The one word that all current and past Military Men will understand and you libs will not is George Patton's phrase Discipline. .

uh huh,....

punjab1.jpg

Clearly they aren't in the US Military.

clearly you are doing what you usually do when you talk before thinking.........see bold above in your own words:rolleyes:

and, I thought in your intro way back you said you were in mi or an mp, I even asked you about it but you never answered)(?), humm, :eusa_think: now I think I know why.....

You could always display some religious apparel while in uniform.

I don't recall you could wear crosses etc. that were visible, unless you were a member of the chaplain service, I told more than one of my squad/platoon members to pull in their crosses peace signs etc. behind their t shirt and if it didn't stay to take it off. In 13 years I cannot recall one marine/soldier ever wearing a pin-cross/star of david etc etc .....

one of the purposes of a uniform is a form of structural/egalitarian cohesiveness, there is no I in team, no individuals so to speak or individualism aside from your name tag and awards. Your beliefs are your concern and the military has in fact taken steps to make a point of that especially when it regards religious/sexual mores etc. as of late... I really don't see the purpose of this.

Then you aren't recalling correctly.

10 U.S. CODE § 774 - RELIGIOUS APPAREL: WEARING WHILE IN UNIFORM
(a) General Rule.— Except as provided under subsection (b), a member of the armed forces may wear an item of religious apparel while wearing the uniform of the member’s armed force.

(b) Exceptions.— The Secretary concerned may prohibit the wearing of an item of religious apparel—

(1) in circumstances with respect to which the Secretary determines that the wearing of the item would interfere with the performance of the member’s military duties; or
(2) if the Secretary determines, under regulations under subsection (c), that the item of apparel is not neat and conservative.

(c) Regulations.— The Secretary concerned shall prescribe regulations concerning the wearing of religious apparel by members of the armed forces under the Secretary’s jurisdiction while the members are wearing the uniform. Such regulations shall be consistent with subsections (a) and (b).

(d) Religious Apparel Defined.— In this section, the term “religious apparel” means apparel the wearing of which is part of the observance of the religious faith practiced by the member.

thx can you give me the link or date of/for that reg. btw.

and the rest?

Forum List

Back