Obama 'Scared' Justice John Roberts Into Obamacare Decision

Grizz

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2015
" *From:* Neera Tanden [mailto:[email protected]]>>>> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:37 PM>>>> *To:* Jake Sullivan>>>> *Cc:* Jennifer Palmieri; John Podesta>>>> *Subject:* Re: King v Burwell>>>>"

"It is most likely that this decision has already been made by the>>>> Court, but on the off chance that history is repeating itself, then it's>>>> possible they are still deciding (last time, seems like Roberts went from>>>> striking the mandate to supporting it in the weeks before)."

" As Jennifer>>>> will remember, it was pretty critical that the President threw the gauntlet>>>> down last time on the Court, warning them in the first case that it would>>>> politicize the role of the Court for them to rule against the ACA. As a>>>> close reader of the case, I honestly believe that was vital to scaring>>>> Roberts off."

WikiLeaks - The Podesta Emails

The ends justify the means, right you idiot Libs?

That explains Roberts sudden epiphany that the mandate was ok because umm because it's a tax, yeah that's it.
And a nation said in unison: "WTF"?

Yet another example of why separation of powers in government is so important and why collusion between the Executive and Judicial branches is so damaging.

Its simple, congress created a big fat mess and Roberts didn't want the court dragged into the mess so he shirked his duty and punted it back to congress.

How was Roberts scared ? He's. a judge for life .

If you can't think of any other reason you are by far the most ignorant posters on USMB and one of the most clueless people I have encountered in my long lifetime. Right off the bat I can think of several reasons such as allegations of extra-marital affairs or homosexuality which would almost certainly destroy his reputation and his marriage. There are other things which could possibly jeopardize his social status or entangle him in legal matters such as tax evasion, improper financial dealings, bribery, alcoholism, drug addiction and so on and so on and so on . Justice Roberts has a lot more to think about than his job and you should know that. Sadly you don't.

But to believe he was afraid of something you need go no further than his decision in Obamacare. Justice Roberts ruled that forcing people to pay for not enrolling in Obamacare was a tax, not a penalty. A penalty would have been illegal; but a tax isn't illegal, just incredibly stupid. For the first time in the history of this country the SCOTUS came up with a tax on .... (drum roll): NOTHING! That's right, you're taxed because you didn't do something. I mean everyone understands that you have to have a license to go deer hunting, but by applying the perverted rationale of the SCOTUS you can also be required to have a license not to hunt deer. How about a tax on not buying a computer or not owning property? It sounds stupid because it is stupid.

Yes, Obama lied but he needed help from a corrupt and agenda-driven Supreme Court to get his plan into law,

I still want to know what the administration had on Justice Roberts that made him come up with such an obviously ignorant and indefensible argument in support of the mandate.

Last edited:
I still want to know what the administration had on Justice Roberts that made him come up with such an obviously ignorant and indefensible argument in support of the mandate.
Maybe in the next wikileaks dump. Enquiring minds want to know!

BTW, yet another reason to waterboard that nasty woman! Imagine all we could learnabout corruption in our highest offices!

" *From:* Neera Tanden [mailto:[email protected]]>>>> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:37 PM>>>> *To:* Jake Sullivan>>>> *Cc:* Jennifer Palmieri; John Podesta>>>> *Subject:* Re: King v Burwell>>>>"

"It is most likely that this decision has already been made by the>>>> Court, but on the off chance that history is repeating itself, then it's>>>> possible they are still deciding (last time, seems like Roberts went from>>>> striking the mandate to supporting it in the weeks before)."

" As Jennifer>>>> will remember, it was pretty critical that the President threw the gauntlet>>>> down last time on the Court, warning them in the first case that it would>>>> politicize the role of the Court for them to rule against the ACA. As a>>>> close reader of the case, I honestly believe that was vital to scaring>>>> Roberts off."

WikiLeaks - The Podesta Emails

The ends justify the means, right you idiot Libs?

Now the Dems are tipping their hand. There is talk of increasing the tax to bail out insurance companies who can't afford to participate. And the way people are "taxed" as punishment for not being able to afford it, it's clear that it's not a tax, it's a fine. Of course, we still go back to it not being a tax since Obamacare didn't originate in the House to being a tax in the Supreme Court in order for them to uphold it.

It's illegal for government to force us to participate in commerce. Insurance companies are private businesses, which mean we are forced to become customers or pay the fine.

When they talk about increasing the penalty, it's clear it's not a tax, rather a punishment for not making this disaster work. Not a drop of sympathy for those who still can't afford either the ridiculous premiums or the fucking fine. Sucks to be a person who works and pays their own way.

Since when are taxes used to punish people? Of course, the IRS has recently been used to get even with political opponents. People who spoke out against Dems were either audited or denied tax exempt status due to political views.

Hillary would be another one who would use her power and position to control and even seek revenge on those against her.

Obamacare should never have become a law. It wasn't created through due process. It was done in a sneaky, underhanded way to force it on the American people. We were lied to about the content (although Pelosi was fine with nothing being disclosed prior to it being illegally shoved through) and we were lied to about how it would affect us. Not a damn thing Obama and the Dems promised was true. No keeping your doctor or plan. No saving money. No lower costs. Illegals are covered. And Big Pharms, who helped write the piece of shit, are making out like bandits, especially the Dem who raised the cost of EpiPen after it was decided it would be in every school. Price gouging like this is not capitalism. It's crony capitalism. Dems have a nasty habit of letting special interest groups write legislation. That's why we have the Federal Reserve- Woodrow Wilson let banks write that and he supported it.

I am not surprised that anyone, even a Supreme Court judge, is bullied or threatened. Liberals do believe the ends justify the means. They think it's okay to do anything to get and keep power. It's not about the greater good. It's about their twisted idea of the perfect world where they impose their will on the rest of us.

Forum List

Back