Obama Lists Simply 'African American' as Race on Census

I don't care what his race is. His ideology is what I find offensive.

As a vast many African Americans in the U.S. are actually mixed race, I don't see this as a big deal. It used to be that anyone with any African ancestry was labeled black. I wish the census would stop asking such questions. We are all Americans.

What is hypocritical is how he ran as a mixed race Post Racial person - but I have long given up on Obama being intellectually honest or consistent.
Actually, like him or not, he ran as an African American...

As a vast many African Americans in the U.S. are actually mixed race, I don't see this as a big deal. It used to be that anyone with any African ancestry was labeled black. I wish the census would stop asking such questions. We are all Americans.

What is hypocritical is how he ran as a mixed race Post Racial person - but I have long given up on Obama being intellectually honest or consistent.

Link? NOt to a right wing nut saying exactly this, but a link to him saying it himself.

With photos of his White Mother, and White Grandparents strategically used in advertisements and such.

But like I said, I don't see it being that big of a deal other than in the context of his political opportunism - although there is a bit of Jim Crow-ism in labeling anyone with African ethnicity in their background as "Black" or "Africa-American".

I can imagine what Cons would say if he'd checked any other box.

Righty's, if you ever find yourself trying to make some kind of "he is half white" point....remember this, if he was banging your daughter or yuour wife, seriously, would you call him a half white gentleman? What color would come to your lips if you were describing him?

He is black. He has a black wife, and black children. There are many many mixed black people in this country, but they are considered black.

If I wrote in Irish American, no one would care or make a big deal out of it.

Y'all need to quit being such assholes.

Just a thought.

If he wore brown socks, there would be someone writing a thread about it. :lol:

Righty's, if you ever find yourself trying to make some kind of "he is half white" point....remember this, if he was banging your daughter or yuour wife, seriously, would you call him a half white gentleman? What color would come to your lips if you were describing him?

He is black. He has a black wife, and black children. There are many many mixed black people in this country, but they are considered black.

It's pretty clear that's how you would feel if he were banging your daughter, given how you view him racially.

So you are saying you describe him as half white? lol

He is black. Period. Go Mr. President. The first black one in the countries history!

God bless America.

Link? NOt to a right wing nut saying exactly this, but a link to him saying it himself.

One of your best friends are black aren't they? :lol:

Go throw yourself in front of a moving train, huh, loser?

With photos of his White Mother, and White Grandparents strategically used in advertisements and such.

But like I said, I don't see it being that big of a deal other than in the context of his political opportunism - although there is a bit of Jim Crow-ism in labeling anyone with African ethnicity in their background as "Black" or "Africa-American".
Why? I'm not afraid to say I'm Irish American. Why do you want people to be afraid of their heritage?

Ravi,

Maybe it's because I'd have to say Irish-Welsh-British-Norwegian-German American that I find this hyphenation business so silly.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's ethnic heritage - I just don't like seeing it used as a political weapon.

Ravi,

Maybe it's because I'd have to say Irish-Welsh-British-Norwegian-German American that I find this hyphenation business so silly.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's ethnic heritage - I just don't like seeing it used as a political weapon.

I didn't put mine on the census. I only filled out the number of peeps that live here. I really hope they're okay I included my dog.:badgrin:

Her ethnicity is: blond.:eusa_whistle:

Ravi,

Well, I guess you're relieved that the National Association of Irish-Welsh-British-Norwegian-German Persons has disbanded.

Last edited:
He is a legitimate African American

Father- African
Mother- American

If you knew anything about the issue you wouldn't be in Willowtree's backyard repeating misinformation.

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists. In his autobiography he proudly stated he was given a Kenyan name but ten years later, on the campaign trail, he sold out and switched to African American to sell more votes. The sad thing is.....it worked. We still do not have an African American president.

How "enlightening"

Asshole

Well, I guess you're relieved that the National Association of Irish-Welsh-British-Norwegian-German Persons has disbanded.

:woohoo:

No more boring meetings arguing over whether Lutefisk is better than blood sausage!

Ravi,

I didn't put mine on the census. I only filled out the number of peeps that live here. I really hope they're okay I included my dog.:badgrin:

Her ethnicity is: blond.:eusa_whistle:

Did you register her to vote?

:clap2:

SHeesh if we have to give the orignal country our ancestors are from to list our race I'd be English French Swedish whitey white American

Thank god I'm a women or I'd be hated for being so white. :lol:

He is a legitimate African American

Father- African
Mother- American

If you knew anything about the issue you wouldn't be in Willowtree's backyard repeating misinformation.

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists. In his autobiography he proudly stated he was given a Kenyan name but ten years later, on the campaign trail, he sold out and switched to African American to sell more votes. The sad thing is.....it worked. We still do not have an African American president.

How "enlightening"

Asshole

I'd rather be an asshole than red-brick stupid like you. Did your momma have any children that lived?:eusa_eh:

We need a new race of peoples. fat free half n half.
You got that right!

One of your best friends are black aren't they? :lol:
I see your English teacher failed you miserably. One is...three are! :lol:

This whole thread is a pile of shit. Somebody scooped a story, came up with a twisted headline and others copied it. If Obama ticked on a single box that designated him to be "Black, African-American or Negro", he obviously was going for the negro. Why would any journalist want to call him African-American?...because it sells papers and airtime!...it creates controversy! It is a fucking RACIST thing to do!

What a gullible bunch of twits!

Maybe he should have done what I did, and just not fill it out. Plus, most American born children of American slaves are of mixed race, so really there are really few African Americans that can actually claim to just be "black".

Hell... I'm not even the descendant of US slaves (I'm the descendant of Haitian slaves) and I'm mixed. Would be considered some strange form of "mulatto" down there.

Forum List

Back