Obama goes after businesses that practice "citizenship discrimination"

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
It's a catering business. Is that work americans won't do? What are these foreigners doing here when 20% of adult citizens looking for work can't get a job?

Business Punished For Engaging In Citizenship-Discrimiation The Daily Caller

sep 2 2014
A Texas catering business will pay the United States $26,400 for engaging in “citizenship-discrimination,” as part of a settlement with the Justice Department announced Tuesday.

Culinaire International unlawfully discriminated against employees based on their citizenship status, the Justice Department claimed, because it required non-citizen employees to provide extra proof of their right to work in the United States.

A lawful permanent resident’s card expires, but their right to work is permanent, and in this case Culinaire was requiring employees to present a renewed permanent resident card to be verified as work-eligible. The Justice Department claimed this violated a provision in the INA that prohibits employers from requiring extra documentation from non-citizen employees.

Liberals were bitching about companies hiring illegal aliens and wanted to fine them. Now they will fine businesses if they don't start hiring non-citizens whether here legally or not.

Excellent! The less discrimination in businesses, the better. The usual libertardian suspects will probably shamble in here like zombies, droning on about "hurrrr businesses would never ever discriminate because it's bad for business," but that's clearly not the case as even when there are laws against discrimination, businesses openly engage in it anyway.

Really, this place should've been shut down and its operators barred from ever starting their own business again, but I suppose the current verdict will have to do.

It's a catering business. Is that work americans won't do? What are these foreigners doing here when 20% of adult citizens looking for work can't get a job?

Business Punished For Engaging In Citizenship-Discrimiation The Daily Caller

sep 2 2014
A Texas catering business will pay the United States $26,400 for engaging in “citizenship-discrimination,” as part of a settlement with the Justice Department announced Tuesday.

Culinaire International unlawfully discriminated against employees based on their citizenship status, the Justice Department claimed, because it required non-citizen employees to provide extra proof of their right to work in the United States.

A lawful permanent resident’s card expires, but their right to work is permanent, and in this case Culinaire was requiring employees to present a renewed permanent resident card to be verified as work-eligible. The Justice Department claimed this violated a provision in the INA that prohibits employers from requiring extra documentation from non-citizen employees.

Under the current shameful laws we have it appears this company was in the wrong.

• Banned
Americans better wake up. Obozo is a pathological racist and liar and america-hater.

The Justice Department claimed this violated a provision in the INA that prohibits employers from requiring extra documentation from non-citizen employees.

Immigration and Nationality Act USCIS

Immigration and Nationality Act
The Immigration and Nationality Act, or INA, was created in 1952. Before the INA, a variety of statutes governed immigration law but were not organized in one location. The McCarran-Walter bill of 1952, Public Law No. 82-414, collected and codified many existing provisions and reorganized the structure of immigration law. The Act has been amended many times over the years, but is still the basic body of immigration law.

A Texas catering business will pay the United States $26,400 ...

they ought to pay twice that much for trying to intimidate their workers - to work for less.

Welcome to ObamaNation

legal is a word of the past

Obama is the king of the world

Excellent! The less discrimination in businesses, the better. The usual libertardian suspects will probably shamble in here like zombies, droning on about "hurrrr businesses would never ever discriminate because it's bad for business," but that's clearly not the case as even when there are laws against discrimination, businesses openly engage in it anyway.

Really, this place should've been shut down and its operators barred from ever starting their own business again, but I suppose the current verdict will have to do.

Oh, absolutely! I mean it's so very rational for the federal government, based on a federal statute that contradicts the imperatives of immigration law, to penalize businesses dutifully trying to avoid the pitfall of aiding and abetting persons who are violating immigration law . Geez. What was Culinaire International thinking?

Did you actually wrap your head around the essence of the problem here, namely, the government looting businesses as it sends conflicting signals, or did you just do a presumptuous, knee-jerk lefty based on the title of the OP?

Last edited:
Typical left wing Nonsense.

Condemn Businesses for hiring illegals, but punishing them when they don't.

It may already be too late for this country.. I don't know if the Damage done by Obama and Holder can be turned around without extremely radical actions.

Barack Hussein Obama does not have American Citizens' best interests at heart. He's consistently put foreign interests and his own, above the American Peoples' interests. And the Obamabots wonder why so many Americans feel he's a foreigner himself. He should have already been Impeached for his awful border mess and IRS abuses. I don't consider him my President.

How can it be wrong to uphold the very same standards that the US Government uses. Try to get a job at the CIA if you are not a citizen.

Barack Hussein Obama does not have American Citizens' best interests at heart. He's consistently put foreign interests and his own, above the American Peoples' interests. And the Obamabots wonder why so many Americans feel he's a foreigner himself. He should have already been Impeached for his awful border mess and IRS abuses. I don't consider him my President.

He's so bad Kenya is now saying he was born here.

He's so bad Kenya is now saying he was born here.

:badgrin:

WOW- Suing businesses for refusing to break the law.. Is this the most insane and corrupt Administration to ever govern our nation??

we have a thread on this lovebears....and you are incorrect on what took place...it's bull crud.... The immigrants ALREADY worked for them, they were not forced to hire them, they already had hired them...

Forum List

Back