Obama Economist: Inflation Was Under Control For 40 Years, Then Came Biden

Huge stimuls spending is off topic in a thread about the causes of inflation????

Biden caused the current inflation round. If you are too stupid to understand that then get the fuck out of my thread.

It's not like Biden doesn't bear some of the blame though.
Sure, blame him. Blame him for some role in inflation, blame him for full employment, blame him for going along with Powel's agressive raise in interest rates to get this under controll...but don't blame him for stuff like historic disruptions in supply chain and a war in Ukraine and don't pretend like Trump was anything but a huge Keynesian.

"Even as he opposed Biden’s jobs plan, he argued in favor of his much larger (and, given its permanence, significant) social legislation. Summers supported the full-size version of Build Back Better. He privately lobbied Joe Manchin to revive negotiations on a shrunken version, and after Manchin made his deal, Summers appeared on television to argue the plan would reduce, rather than aggravate, inflation"

Sure, blame him. Blame him for some role in inflation, blame him for full employment, blame him for going along with Powel's agressive raise in interest rates to get this under controll...but don't blame him for stuff like historic disruptions in supply chain and a war in Ukraine and don't pretend like Trump was anything but a huge Keynesian.

Don't pretend I ever tried to exclude Trump in the actions that have got us here today. It's why I say for the most part the two parties are one in the same. Both parties took up out of control debt spending and a endless printing of money.

Larry Summers: “We basically had inflation under control for forty years....we lost the thread...about a year and a half ago” with Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus

TheReapers says: We know that, but to democrats even care? Most do not as long as their woke agenda is advanced

In those 40 years the national debt increased by 3,073%.

Think about that for just a second. In 1981, before the start of those 40 years our national debt was under a trillion dollars. Today it is over 31 trillion.

Eventually the rooster will come home to roost.

But yeah, it is all Biden's fault. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Don't pretend I ever tried to exclude Trump in the actions that have got us here today. It's why I say for the most part the two parties are one in the same. Both parties took up out of control debt spending and a endless printing of money.

I'm not, I'm directing to OP. Everyone is a Keynsian when shit hits the fan.

In those 40 years the national debt increased by 3,073%.

We are not talking about debt, but since you mentioned it, Obama increased the debt more than all his predecessors combined. So, chew on that

We are not talking about debt, but since you mentioned it, Obama increased the debt more than all his predecessors combined. So, chew on that

You do not think the fucking debt adds to the problems that lead to inflation ...you know the whole too much money in the system thing.

Obama was close but quire more than all.

Bush II did though

And Reagan did so almost 2 twice over .

Oh and Trump came close to Obama in just 4 years.

There is no innocent party in this, both are equally responsible.

You do not think the fucking debt adds to the problems that lead to inflation ...you know the whole too much money in the system thing.

Not so much, "debt," but when to government creates debt, it adds to the money supply. The more money supply, the more the FED has to use interest rates to keep inflation under control. What they did just recently? Was beyond the pale.

There was this special trick, that was done this time, which was done no other time before, which was called, "going direct," which they did exclusively through electronic banking, as a means to artificially expand the money supply, with the help of BlackRock. This is what caused a doubling of the money supply, beyond what the public could see the government and the FED doing. They did this so that the thieving oligarch could destroy small farmers and small businesses, and pick up assets, for pennies on the dollar, it was a form of economic warfare on everyday people, and you have been defending these criminals, while that poor, disabled, and those on fixed income are suffering. THANKS! :113:

th

Shit goes much, much deeper now.

Summary – Going Direct Reset​

Larry Summers: “We basically had inflation under control for forty years....we lost the thread...about a year and a half ago” with Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus

TheReapers says: We know that, but to democrats even care? Most do not as long as their woke agenda is advanced

Consumer price inflation, UK: August 2022​

The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose by 9.9% in the 12 months to August 2022, down from 10.1% in July. Similar to the CPIH, the rate had risen sharply over recent months before easing in August.

The July figure was the highest annual CPI inflation rate in the National Statistic series, which began in January 1997.

Biden is making me deranged!!!! :206:

Analysis: French paying dearly to keep inflation 'poison' at bay​

Subsidies and aggressive price caps on energy have helped shore up consumer spending in France, and with it economic growth.

But maintaining these costly inflation-relief measures is getting harder, and weaning households off the state's largesse may unleash a new wave of price rises down the line, some economists say.

[snip]

Though a record high, inflation in France was only 6.6% in August, enviably lower than the 8.8% seen in Germany and the 9.9% in Britain.

Let's Go Brandon!!! :spank:

Forum List

Back