Obama Does It Again. He Jumps On An Issue That Will Soon Blow Up In His Face

Since it is unlikely that the soldier in question, Stephen Hill, joined prior to 1993, he didn't lie in order to join. He may have had to lie to his unit, his command and his team, but he didn't have to lie to join.

He didn't act like a "victim". He asked a candidate for President a question about the policy that allows to him to serve equally with the rest of his unit.

The crowd acted reprehensibly, but even more reprehensible was the silence from those same candidates after the audience booed.

DADT was a horrible policy in that it lacked clarity... but the guy was still a liar. And that's what people were booing.

They weren't booing his "lying", they were booing HIM because he is gay. You can't run away from that. In their twisted minds they weren't booing a soldier, they were booing a GAY soldier and he doesn't count. His service isn't worthy because he is gay.

When did the mob cheer? When Santorum (google it) said he would bring back the policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed.

He isn't a liar, he served under a policy that required him to lie. It is the policy, not the person that is the issue and the policy is gone, thank you Congress and President Obama.

YOu always have an excuse for this fool, don't you?

Excuse?

It's gone. And it's gone the way the military wanted it to be gone..their way.

Had he done it "my way or the highway" style you'd be coming up with charges of "dictator".

There's no way for this guy to win in the eyes of many in this country.

He's had many successes and without using the executive order route.

Not from me. I said from day 1 that he could easily have issued an executive order barring enforcement of DADT... effectively ending it. THEN, he could have let it play out, get 'officially' ended, and say 'It took the system years to do what I did with a signature in one day'. In that scenario, he would have claimed, and rightly deserved, credit for ending DADT.

Nice fantasy. Now play the reality tape...Obama ends DADT with an EO. Congress sees the issue as done and doesn't do another thing about it. Another President comes in and reverses his EO.

The way the President did it was the right way to do it. It was enacted through Congress and then ended through Congress, as it should have been.

It was shameful that not ONE Republican candidate spoke up about the booing.

Not one.

Very cowardly performance by ALL candidates on the stage, and NOT ONE of them thanked the soldier for his service.

Fox News made up this foolishness that it was the QUESTION that was poor. The question demands an answer. And Santorum disgraced American Republican politicians with his lunacy about no sex in the military.

Not one.

And it is shameful that not one person in the democratic party spoke put against the President of the United States offering his opinin to an international audience as it pertains to a police action and arrest....criticizing the officers...... before he ADMITTEDLY did not have all of the facts.

And it is shameful that no one in the democratic party criticized the President for stating to an international audience that our Supreme court "got it wrong".

SO enough with your shit-ass faux outrage over this....for you gleefully support the President as he does things that are just as shameful.

Since it is unlikely that the soldier in question, Stephen Hill, joined prior to 1993, he didn't lie in order to join. He may have had to lie to his unit, his command and his team, but he didn't have to lie to join.

He didn't act like a "victim". He asked a candidate for President a question about the policy that allows to him to serve equally with the rest of his unit.

The crowd acted reprehensibly, but even more reprehensible was the silence from those same candidates after the audience booed.

DADT was a horrible policy in that it lacked clarity... but the guy was still a liar. And that's what people were booing.

They weren't booing his "lying", they were booing HIM because he is gay. You can't run away from that. In their twisted minds they weren't booing a soldier, they were booing a GAY soldier and he doesn't count. His service isn't worthy because he is gay.

When did the mob cheer? When Santorum (google it) said he would bring back the policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed.

He isn't a liar, he served under a policy that required him to lie. It is the policy, not the person that is the issue and the policy is gone, thank you Congress and President Obama.

People that were there said a boo or two came from only one or two people, but you want to indict everyone there because nobody snatched that asshole up on camera and beat him severly about the head and shoulders, or made a fool of themselves by calling the prick out. Anyone that was there seemed to think the rudeness was better dealt with by ignoring it. Giving it the attention it deserved. None.

Not from me. I said from day 1 that he could easily have issued an executive order barring enforcement of DADT... effectively ending it. THEN, he could have let it play out, get 'officially' ended, and say 'It took the system years to do what I did with a signature in one day'. In that scenario, he would have claimed, and rightly deserved, credit for ending DADT.

Nice fantasy. Now play the reality tape...Obama ends DADT with an EO. Congress sees the issue as done and doesn't do another thing about it. Another President comes in and reverses his EO.

The way the President did it was the right way to do it. It was enacted through Congress and then ended through Congress, as it should have been.

Exactly right! Seems like Conservative poster above you has fantasies and delusions of grandeur, similar to those of a DICTATOR! Our nation is a nation of laws, not governed by the whim of some leader. Although, under Bush, it looked a lot more like the fantasy Conservative poster above seems to have of what a Presidency should be...namely "my way or the highway" kind of thinking. That kind of thinking is not the USA, that's, frankly, what Fascism is!

Only a couple of people booed.

I love how when the real heart of the republican party makes an appearance they always try to pretend it is only a couple of people.

Just like when tea party members carried posters of Obama as a tribesman with a bone in his nose. That was only a couple of people right?

How about the guns at rallys.

That was only a couple of people huh?

And the bricks through the windows of Dems offices.

That was only a couple of people.

Only ONE dem had his gas line cut.

Only one Dem got shot in the head.

I quess that makesthe right an EVEN more respectable party huh?

I think it's quite funny that DADT has been repealed. Since it no longer has to be hidden, how many do you think will actually come out?? They can't go running to get discharged because someone said something they didn't like. No more hiding behind "poor me". If they can handle the battle, they should be allowed to wear the uniform.

And a couple of guys in an audience booing something they disapprove of is different than the President calling fellow Americans the "enemy"?????

Did anyone call him out on that??

People that were there said a boo or two came from only one or two people, but you want to indict everyone there because nobody snatched that asshole up on camera and beat him severly about the head and shoulders, or made a fool of themselves by calling the prick out. Anyone that was there seemed to think the rudeness was better dealt with by ignoring it. Giving it the attention it deserved. None.

Everyone there cheered when Santorum (google it) said he would reinstate a policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed. That tells you everything you need to know about the audience and the few that booed the soldier.

Not a single candidate thanked Mr. Hill for his service to this country. Not one of them said a thing about the booing that, according to Huntsman, could be heard quite clearly.

Poor behavior by the audience (but that's nothing new at GnOP debates where they cheer executions and shout for an uninsured man to DIE) and poor behavior by the candidates.

I love how when the real heart of the republican party makes an appearance they always try to pretend it is only a couple of people.

Just like when tea party members carried posters of Obama as a tribesman with a bone in his nose. That was only a couple of people right?

Did you see the size of the audience?
No....you did not.
Did you hear the amount of Boos?
No you did not.
It was but a few TM....but facts mean nothing to you...SPIN is the truth in your world...well...as long as the spin comes from some far left site, blog, or reporter.

Not one.

And it is shameful that not one person in the democratic party spoke put against the President of the United States offering his opinin to an international audience as it pertains to a police action and arrest....criticizing the officers...... before he ADMITTEDLY did not have all of the facts.

And it is shameful that no one in the democratic party criticized the President for stating to an international audience that our Supreme court "got it wrong".

SO enough with your shit-ass faux outrage over this....for you gleefully support the President as he does things that are just as shameful.

Much more shameful.

How bout criticizing the military and the CIC then leaving the chain of command in place he was so critical of and using their success to prop up his faltering re-election campaign.

And then refusing to stop investigations of the very folks that made it all possible.

Pounding his chest about having more success in two years then Bush had in 7 years. A bold-faced lie.

Calling anyone who makes over $200,000 jet-owners, billionaires, not paying their fair share.

Yes, this race-bating, war-mongering SOB has stooped about as low as you could get, which is why the left must blow this stupid trumpted up charge out of proportion. Because that POS is so fucked up it's the only thing they can do to provide cover for his acts.

Everyone there cheered when Santorum (google it) said he would reinstate a policy that over 70% of Americans wanted repealed. That tells you everything you need to know about the audience and the few that booed the soldier.

Not a single candidate thanked Mr. Hill for his service to this country. Not one of them said a thing about the booing that, according to Huntsman, could be heard quite clearly.

Poor behavior by the audience (but that's nothing new at GnOP debates where they cheer executions and shout for an uninsured man to DIE) and poor behavior by the candidates.

I heard the cheer....I would say about half the audience cheered. Certainly nothing like the cheers for other answers that more agreed with.
You see, I watched the debate...I did not just take some snippets offered by a reporter with an agenda.

SO if 50% cheered...I would say that is in line with the 50% of republicans that want the repeal repealed.

Nothing newsworthy there.

Prove the number that booed.

asswipe!

Not one.

Much more shameful.

How bout criticizing the military and the CIC then leaving the chain of command in place he was so critical of and using their success to prop up his faltering re-election campaign.

And then refusing to stop investigations of the very folks that made it all possible.

Pounding his chest about having more success in two years then Bush had in 7 years. A bold-faced lie.

Calling anyone who makes over $200,000 jet-owners, billionaires, not paying their fair share.

Yes, this race-bating, war-mongering SOB has stooped about as low as you could get, which is why the left must blow this stupid trumpted up charge out of proportion. Because that POS is so fucked up it's the only thing they can do to provide cover for his acts.

He is a failed president with failed policies and he is deperate. He thought he knew what the President SHOULD do and then he became president and realized the job aint as easy as he thought.

How is that GITMO closing going?

Much more shameful.

He is a failed president with failed policies and he is deperate. He thought he knew what the President SHOULD do and then he became president and realized the job aint as easy as he thought.

Well, come on he did succeed in fundamentally changing America. The downgrade itself is evidence of that.

Gitmo would have closed if those durn people in Illinois just would have let him move them there. Jeezzzz!!!

Not one.

Very cowardly performance by ALL candidates on the stage, and NOT ONE of them thanked the soldier for his service.

Fox News made up this foolishness that it was the QUESTION that was poor. The question demands an answer. And Santorum disgraced American Republican politicians with his lunacy about no sex in the military.

Fox did nothing of a kind.

Provide a Link

Watching the vid on you tube it's clear the question solicited the boo, not the statement that he was Gay.

Might want to watch it and use your own brain rather then repeating lies from the Drivebys.

Last edited:

It was going fine until the Republicans blocked it.

Perfect example though...President signs and EO to close GITMO and the GnOP blocks the funding to do it. Same thing might have held true for the repeal of DADT. The House GnOP TRIED to block the repeal quite a few times. Good thing it was decided through Congress and not an EO.

And it continues.

That wasn't a gay soldier you are booing - and - now saying you would discharge because he is gay (he "lied" - according to your DODT sensibilities)

That is an American Soldier. And you should be ashamed of yourself.

You won't get through to him. See, much as in Palin felt she was justified to determine who the "real" Americans were back in 2008, these folks feel they are justified determining who the "real" soldiers are. Apparently, as was the case with Negro soldiers during the Civil War, only "striaght" bodies are able to stop bullets....

Hey, I've had a gay soldier in my platoon when I was in. There was the one time he tried to feel up some guy at the enlisted club while on pass, and they beat the shit out of him.

Absolutely hilarious. Especially when the MP woke me up at 0300 to bail his ass out of the brig.

"You Sergeant B***?"

"yes"

"Private S>>> in your squad?"

"He just got beaten up at the E-club."

Of course, after that, because he also had HIV, the guys he got into the fight with had to get tested for years, as did the two female medics who patched him up.

Now imagine how much less trouble for everyone involved if this guy hadn't lied to a recruiter.
Too bad you didn't get HIV.

Not one.

Fox did nothing of a kind.

Provide a Link

Watching the vid on you tube it's clear the question solicited the boo, not the statement that he was Gay.

Might want to watch it and use your own brain rather then repeating lies from the Drivebys.
Do you really think trying to push this theory - which you and other connies only surmise after the fact - to somehow cleanse those idiots of the shame of booing an American Soldier is going to work?

First, it's ridiculous, second, IF they were booing a soldier for asking that question, which has a direct impact on his life, and the lives of others in the military - it is equally ridiculous. And shameful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back